立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 124|回复: 2

[综合辅导] 托业考试综合指导(1)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  abandon v to cease trying to continue; desist from; desert; to surrender one‘s claim to, right to, or interest in; give up entirely
: g. Y$ f8 d( j2 o' V9 a  abate v to reduce in amount, degree, or intensity; lessen; to deduct from an amount; subtract, H# l6 T; g  j4 I) a
  abbreviation n shortened form of a word or word combination4 s+ ?9 L2 P9 m
  abduct v to carry off by force; kidnap
, h! T4 ?  Y. ~6 Q% @0 ]" P  abide v to comply; to obey; to submit; to conform; to tolerate) S# h# {' Z! @0 w  r! A, p/ U
  abnormal adj not typical, usual, or regular; not normal; deviant4 n2 @" I( n5 r& ?
  aboard adv on board a ship, train, aircraft, or other passenger vehicle; in or into a group, organization, or business
  {* D$ y/ ~0 d" V  aboard prepon board of; on; in) R# f' E, b1 ~3 c
  abolish v to cancel; to revoke
  N6 g& U* P. y) c  o  abominable adj unequivocally detestable; loathsome; thoroughly unpleasant or disagreeable
3 g7 H/ P9 `+ i$ e  abound v to be plentiful; to be filled with; to overflow with
& O: Q1 w1 Q  ]/ h  abreast adv side by side; in alignment; on top of; up-to-date; well-informed8 H+ p. L7 @" K& b, d% _. n
  abroad adv in another country; outside; widely( X9 ?+ x- \1 ?6 r. H
  absence n failure to appear; state of being away; state of being not present; opposite of presence6 f7 \; J4 x: v( _9 ?9 O
  absent adj preoccupied; lost in thought
" G) E+ g6 g4 E' ^  absolve v to pronounce clear of guilt or blame; to relieve of a requirement or obligation3 q" o1 ~+ @6 b9 H2 P
  absorb v to suck up; take up; take in5 Q& D  R: ^) c  ~
  abstemious adj eating and drinking in moderation; sparingly used or consumed; restricted to bare necessities
2 b+ d: m7 c  X9 G4 c/ N4 h9 t  abstinent adj self-restraining; not indulging an appetite especially for food or drink
/ e# A' K* G2 {/ p  abundant adj plentiful; copious; profuse; full abounding with. G% K/ j$ T% x! j9 [; t
  abuse n misuse; maltreatment; corrupt practice; foul language$ ]2 ~( b7 I4 E# d; h& N
  abuse v to misuse; to injure; to harm; to mistreat; to insult; to malign; to curse; to revile
8 W- S3 q/ T. n, B  accelerate v to cause to move or happen faster; to hasten; to increase the speed of something; to speed something up" [% T4 i1 q" X( [
  accelerator n gas pedal of a motor vehicle; expansion card or other hardware item that speeds up computer operations such as the processing of graphics or floating-point calculationsaccess n approach; entry; permission to enter a computer system or network and/or retrieve data
7 }5 W& g& I; f4 z! g, n  access v to gain entrance to; to get at9 Z+ I# B+ d3 w% o, w
  accessible adj easily approached or entered; easily obtained; easy to talk to or get along with
& C" u8 Z$ J$ _8 d/ a  accommodate v to adapt oneself; to host guests; to provide lodging
: M/ F* k* R7 c& r3 O1 F2 k  accommodation n housing; residence; lodging; arrangement; adjustment( l- M! F1 P" s+ M5 D
  accompany v to go along with; to go together with; to join; to attach; N' d0 X( V3 K
  accomplish v to complete; to achieve; to attain; to perform- a# W5 P# E6 ^+ o* S$ s6 ]# }  _
  accomplishment n fulfillment; realization; attainment; achievement8 w% L% H5 @9 |) i/ E+ ^3 W  k
  accord n agreement; settlement; harmony
( ]4 h" j1 e: E3 `2 R. m. z  accord v to match; to fit; to complement* j+ l9 e& j2 V4 J% q, i5 g
  accordance n conformity; agreement; coordination; suitability
+ g: v0 w2 e7 S5 _/ N0 l9 }$ ?  account n business arrangement which allows use of something; formal business agreement in which a client is provided access to a computer system; report
* s  b  ]$ b1 v1 q) Y  account v to explain; to give a report; to cause; to regard+ H' @$ X) i7 L  }. |4 X* a2 y
  accountant n a person who keeps financial records; a person who conducts financial audits
2 {+ Y& _4 |8 h& |4 a! @  accounting n a system of recording and analyzing financial transactions; auditing; a detailed financial statement( R  R- j1 }0 O$ e
  accredit v to certify; to recognize; to assign; to license
& X+ R, K- T# h0 c/ s  accrue v to accumulate; to compile; to increase; to grow
, [. B5 w, h1 C  accumulate v to gather or pile up; amass( t! ^  t; ?* t0 n5 M
  accuracy n preciseness; exactness; m: q$ q: E; Z$ [7 q4 ?, R1 J
  acknowledge v to admit the existence, reality, or truth of; to recognize as being valid or having force or power; to express thanks or gratitude for; to report the receipt of! i/ `5 q, E+ O6 G) \
  acknowledgement n the act of admitting or owning to something; recognition of another‘s existence, validity, authority, or right; an answer or response in return for something done; an expression of thanks or a token of appreciation  w" Q9 O& ~7 L! C3 p: b  z
  acquaint v to make familiar; to present someone; to introduce someone9 D; R$ r3 s5 e
  acquaintance n person that you have met but do not know well; knowledge of something; familiarity
- `$ C0 R" c+ K. J) _0 `. x% ^! ?  acquainted adj familiar; close; intimate; informed; aware, b2 E8 `' X4 }+ \0 h! x4 ^
  acquire v to buy; to obtain; to purchase; to attain- ^0 G6 a1 n7 B" ~/ D1 H, H- ]
  acquisition n purchase; something that has been purchased or obtained+ O, |" d" Y3 [, V
  acronym n a word which is formed from the first letters of several words; ie: TOEIC
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:44 | 显示全部楼层

托业考试综合指导(1)

adamant adj unyielding; firm; hard; unbending
* a8 K4 J3 s$ e- u  n) W# p  adamant n something unyielding; something hard; stone similar to diamond
0 S& J/ M, y. ~6 D9 `! q  adapt v to conform; to change; to make suitable; to match; to fit
; Y& T4 i& u2 V! F+ d0 V( r' a  adaptable adj capable of adapting or of being adapted
: Y; Z2 h) Q' ~& Q1 v; p  addict n one who is addicted, as to narcotics or a compulsive activity; a devoted adherent; a fan
5 \' Q4 G8 Y: r4 G1 @* [& B  addict v to cause to become physiologically or psychologically dependent on a habit-forming substance; to occupywith or involvein something habitually or compulsively! g3 I9 `1 U  Y4 q* O( m4 a$ ?
  addition n act of joining one thing to another; basic mathematical operation; augmentation; supplement; something added; devotion to a certain habit; dependency  p& G/ U# f+ m6 I* [0 P) c
  additive n supplement* |- o# y) O2 r  B! ]
  address v to direct to; to speak to; to direct to a specific destination; to mark with an address ; to refer to$ S( ]) j& p- O$ F  E3 q
  adept adj proficient; skilled; expert: A1 L5 n, z+ T# q2 N0 L" z
  adept n person who is an expert; person who is skilled
, i. W0 e( {  c4 `  adequate adj sufficient; suitable; appropriate; proper7 ^. M7 e# B+ V0 ~, u8 k
  adhere v to stick to; to cling to; to be devoted toadjacent adj close to; next to; nearest in space or position  C% c; H' ?: K2 `0 `; q( e
  adjoin v to be next to; be contiguous to; to attach" Q2 n3 j$ l/ y& u& R8 U
  adjourn v to postpone; to delay; to end a meeting; to move to another place
; k0 U& Z% H+ o3 Q: ?2 M; o) [3 P  adjudicate v to hear and settleby judicial procedure; to study and settleadjust v to modify; to adapt; to tune; to fit; to install; to arrange; to settle: V2 g- r& N+ D7 A) M* v
  adjustment n adaptation; settlement of an insurance claim1 K# L3 |% Q- ~/ {0 t# W
  administer v to manage; to supervise; to implement; to execute; to supply; to dispense
5 F( J! h% M2 K9 k) p- d1 K  administration n management ; execution of managerial duties; people in charge of directing or managing; supervisors; leadership
" N+ t5 r2 }; t5 l+ [/ o  administrative adj managerial; executive
! d+ p0 b' E5 u( t  admirable adj worthy of adoration; impressive; wonderful; marvelous* g4 Z: w0 }1 h3 T7 J1 z
  admiration n enchantment; affection; adoration! R. n7 y8 _1 U
  admission n entrance; permission to enter; confession! R& C. @  G4 n6 F' Q' q) ^
  admonish v to warn; to scold; to reprove0 F4 F% x3 v3 \" [
  ado n commotion; flurry; excitement
2 ^, c6 i# h/ P; |! d, d$ V1 i9 j  adopt v to form a relationship with another person ; to embraceadorn v to decorate; to beautify* R  V5 [2 ?9 a; T9 m
  adroit adj alert; clever; ingenious; skillful; adept. c: D1 L9 Q+ X8 O( ^
  advance adj beforehand
$ F6 K5 @) d8 Z! ]. M. P! |5 M  advance n forward movement; progress; modernization; promotion; amount or payment of money given before it is due
" d6 n; ^# R6 c% M( D) w! x0 i5 C  advance v to progress; to move forward; to promote; to propose; to suggest; to make a payment before it is due$ P2 O; H( I7 M& h# `9 T
  advancement n forward movement; progress; promotion' i! s- \0 R8 r: K, [- B
  advantage n benefit; profit; utility; avail
0 G, M) X) t1 @5 P+ ~& N0 |  adventuresome adj willing to undertake or seeking out new and daring enterprises
" [& n. i+ s' F4 G% o& B  adverse adj acting or serving to oppose; antagonistic; contrary to one‘s interests or welfare; harmful or unfavorable
3 B4 G5 Y! c: K" a% x( L  adversely adv unfavorably; in a manner that works against; for the worse; antagonistically
" V; H1 |8 w  X. B4 x  adversity n misfortune; hardship; distress; suffering
. N$ i- |6 g- B, O* b+ w* n2 K  advocate n one that argues for a cause; a supporter or defender; one that pleads in another‘s behalf
. V. S; P. n  O/ i# E2 s  advocate v to speak, plead, or argue in favor of
" r2 V  f, `! c9 p* B- Z4 Q$ X  affable adj easy and pleasant to speak to; gentle and gracious
2 S/ \" h2 ]2 S& A7 i  l  affect v to influence; to move someone; to act as if; to pretend; to have a certain disposition towards something; to have an affinity for something/somebody
- E1 X  V) e! O/ J  affiliate n partner company; distributor, G4 G4 j: }& U9 t% [5 x
  affiliate v to join with; to connect to; to become attached to+ G$ x' J5 {2 I$ U+ x) G/ O6 f, q
  affiliation n connection; attachment
% @5 [. T% [; M  affinity n attraction; closeness; liking; likeness
" C- y  H. [) T% H; i+ r* k8 Y3 R: E  affluent adj generously supplied with money, property, or possessions; prosperous or rich; plentiful; abundant9 w4 n8 {! e0 f3 O6 c; b' {7 e' t5 W
  afford v to be able to pay for; to be able to do without difficulty; to supply; to provide; to give to oneself or to another! Q$ q  E( ^& q7 m; ^: U  B4 S  z
  agency n office; bureau; institution; franchise; method  K4 ?' D1 M& s9 j6 ^
  agenda n schedule; outline of things to be done9 w% M6 }* x- q. E6 c: @' M
  agent n person who is authorized to perform a certain action; representative; factor; cause0 d5 c3 @) n0 O0 B* Q
  aggregate adj collective; total; taking all units as a whole
7 w% I* l" E1 c6 `& Y  aggregate n combination; conjunction; group; mixture
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:45 | 显示全部楼层

托业考试综合指导(1)

aggregate v to accumulate; to gather; to collect; to assemble- w" F. P: R4 a+ ^4 ]1 y3 ]: b
  aggression n the act of initiating hostilities or invasion; hostile or destructive behavior or actions2 L- y; D, U2 o2 z
  airways n route through traveled by vehicles above ground level5 @. [4 Z  r, p4 `3 Q+ f
  aisle n passage; walkwayalert adj ready; attentive; quick; agile' N7 s) }3 A! o( r- }
  alert n warning; alarm; attitude of readiness1 S( I+ E( r' V, ?
  alert v to warn; to put on standby; to alarm
1 d" I) q3 I0 o' r  alienate v to cause to become unfriendly or hostile; estrange; to cause to become withdrawn or unresponsive; isolate or dissociate emotionally5 C) p3 q8 [- a
  allay v to relieve; to calm; to alleviate pain; to alleviate fear- \  _  A; G$ R( G9 ~- M; Z1 o
  allergicadj of, characterized by, or caused by an allergy; having an allergy# l( Z( B% \) Y8 o5 c# t$ m
  allergy n an abnormally high sensitivity to certain substances, such as pollens, foods, or microorganisms' u' a" s* [$ S- E
  alleviate v to allay; to soothe; to relieve; to moderate; to soften; to lessen; to diminish/ {8 ]$ W0 j# m6 I
  alliance n pact; treaty; connection; relationship
6 u2 p# G: G- a  allot v to give out; to distribute; to ration; to set aside for a special purpose
5 D& ~% r  W: M% [* v* J! s  allotment n the act of allotting; something allotted
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-24 16:41 , Processed in 0.232208 second(s), 25 queries .