立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 146|回复: 2

[综合辅导] 托业考试综合指导(9)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  ideal n standard of perfection; pattern; model; person or thing that embodies a standard of perfection" D- ^+ v! |1 v+ a/ G6 b( g8 |+ A
  idealize v to represent as the embodiment of perfection; to view someone or something as ideal# N8 C# o" K' [) V" ~
  identification n verification of a person or thing; recognition; the process of recognizing something or someone by remembering
2 H5 T/ z9 D$ w4 j2 c  identify v to recognize; to show to be the same; to sympathize; to relate; to associate oneself with a particular cause or idea8 d& ]( U. ~: x/ O4 L0 ~( N6 Z
  idle adj lazy; vain; futile; unoccupied; unemployed; groundless; without foundation; worthless; unimportant/ U9 m4 o( {; B
  idle v to lounge; to do nothing; to laze around; to waste time; to operate at minimum speedignorance n lack of knowledge; illiteracy; lack of education; state of being uninformed
* ?& @/ _1 a9 T% c& a( N  ignore v to disregard; to overlook; to refuse to recognize; to reject1 q5 q: Q) S8 Z7 \
  illegible adj not legible or decipherable
2 z8 z  z/ V3 v0 f  illegitimate adj against the law; illegal; incorrectly deduced; illogical
+ S( k( l4 a) o+ P  illicit adj not sanctioned by custom or law; unlawful
: f- m" C% R( u+ V( V  illuminate v to provide or brighten with light; to make understandable; clarify; to enlighten intellectually or spiritually; enable to understand" o/ p9 f' X5 b0 Z* B
  illustrate v to exemplify; to clarify; to explain; to depict; to elucidate
+ I% M/ D$ E1 x  illustration n picture in a book or other work; explanation; clarification; explanation
; B* }1 Z  L( a* w  imaginary adj not real; fanciful3 l. z! R5 y$ V/ }5 X. z, e
  imagination n ability of the mind to create mental images which do not exist in reality; creation of such mental images* m9 Q" @. t2 x1 D
  imagine v to envision; to create a mental image which does not literally exist; to fantasize; to visualize; to think; to suppose; to assume; to guess( E1 V; J* T  U  d/ `0 H  u
  imitate v to use or follow as a model; to copy the actions, appearance, mannerisms, or speech of; mimic; to copy exactly; reproduce; to appear like; resemble1 y% V& E' o% j: U+ W
  immediate adj instantaneous; prompt; accomplished quickly; direct; having no intermediary; close; i0 F5 f, ]! g- F
  immediately adv right away; shortly; at once; without delay
. R; d8 N" O$ `; E  immerse v to cover completely in a liquid; submerge; to engage wholly or deeply; absorb0 g9 C3 W4 g0 m4 ]6 z$ F
  impair v to cause to diminish, as in strength, value, or quality
7 ]1 {# z1 J6 q( D& W) Z  impatient adj unable to wait; intolerant; restless( ^. Z# A# h: G7 _5 }' H/ s
  impede v to delay; to obstruct; to hinder; to prevent; to thwart2 M$ F+ R9 H( c3 ]3 H
  impediment n something that impedes; a hindrance or obstruction; an organic defect preventing clear articulation
  ]9 U( q% M; G/ }8 F3 i8 \  imperative adj necessary; obligatory; commanding
& Y( \4 n) z. d  ^# ~" |/ f7 G  imperative n necessity; obligation; command; order9 S4 u! t( U7 P1 z7 v6 Y, P0 S4 {
  implement n tool; instrument; piece of equipment
- E+ a% X" j! |/ L, V3 _- d  implement v to perform; to put into effect; to carry out; to execute; to realize; to equip with tools
5 N. T3 b6 o5 T: Q  implementation n realization; carrying out; performing; putting into effect; execution; act of equipping with tools
6 f$ Q' d% p. j9 o4 `+ H) W  implication n consequence; outcome; result; act of implying; something implied; indirect suggestion; connotation; hint; state of being involved in an action or event1 H- [0 i7 V/ C' P" p* c9 k
  implicit adj implied or understood though not directly expressed; contained in the nature of something though not readily apparent; having no doubts or reservations; unquestioning6 ~' @# @: ?! F7 q. [
  imply v to suggest indirectly; to hint; to infer; to mean; to import' e  [9 M' G* I5 R
  import n brining in of goods from another country; opposite of export; meaning; significance7 Z  h5 X( U3 a% r
  import v to bring from another place; to bring goods from a foreign country; to signify; to imply; to be important; to be significant4 v8 j$ O1 N( {$ ^! s
  important adj significant; consequential; influential; essential; crucial; critical; prominent( j6 k  g2 ^. z& U$ D/ O5 ?- @8 J
  impose v to require; to compel; to force upon; to enforce; to institute" }6 H  x: }) X* V( u
  impossible adj unbearable; cannot be done; cannot be endured
+ u. m4 b7 g6 R2 z  impress v to affect strongly; to emphasize; to stamp; to make a mark using pressure6 U0 M% ?! u! `5 }" T- |
  impression n strong feeling or idea left by an experience; effect; vague memory; stamp; imprint; stamping; impressing1 O- z% m" G( m# ?& M. t* ]
  impressive adj grand; magnificent; striking9 m8 T9 y' Y- z2 y0 c
  improve v to make better; to increase in quality; to enhance; to become better; to evolve; to develop; to fix up; to repair; to increase the value of; to take advantage of; to make good use of; to recuperate
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:44 | 显示全部楼层

托业考试综合指导(9)

improvement n state of being made better; something which enhances or improves; addition or change which adds value to something
9 h- T* S) M' u5 A, {8 g  improvident adj not providing for the future; thriftless; rash; incautious5 ~3 N+ Z9 L5 |. J3 E  D
  imprudent adj unwise or indiscreet; not prudent2 \5 |8 K* ?$ y1 F
  impulse n instinctual urge; sudden desire; whim; wave of energy sent via a nerve, N# y4 t* S5 Q3 U) y' ^
  inadvertent adj not duly attentive; marked by unintentional lack of care" }9 s; Q; u% u1 ~
  inalienable adj non-transferable
1 |* t: @; I9 N/ C& L8 m  inanimate adj lifeless; spiritless
) E! _) i* H1 b- V& F1 o  inbound adj traveling in an inward direction
4 p. N; E  F0 l* q+ n) U0 P  incentive adj provocative; stimulating; encouraging  f- K, M' J1 e1 \& }
  incentive n stimulus; inducement; enticement; encouragement+ \/ s' j9 t9 V- p9 x
  incite v to provoke and urge on4 O! _3 W; G: L4 Y$ d9 M- D
  incline n slope; grade; slant
3 K7 S3 n& B4 `& \* `$ B- E& I  incline v to slope; to tilt; to bend; to bow; to lean; to be disposed; to tend toward; to gravitate; to slant; to cause to bend; to influence- v( t$ k% E! B5 @4 f# u$ c5 s
  inclusive adj containing; comprehensive; all-embracing; extensive; taking in; l2 K) E- \9 \7 L$ |0 i/ e
  income n amount of money received in payment for goods or services or from other sources; revenue; profits  r& S9 n+ o2 N3 C, B! X
  inconvenience n bother; disturbance; nuisance; discomfort, B+ y% F$ T5 l% n1 M5 ^
  inconvenience v to cause discomfort; to trouble; to put out; to disturb0 O* _) u% [+ x6 \; ]
  increase n growth; expansion; addition; enlargement; escalation; reproduction  l  u. T# h1 J) @
  increase v to enlarge; to add to; to multiply; to raise; to intensify; to make bigger; to heighten
6 g7 x9 x( e, v4 \! m+ A  incredible adj unbelievable; inconceivable; improbable; unlikely; fabulous; great; amazing) b0 n9 f* w8 A( \5 M5 K% a
  incredulous adj skeptical; disbelieving; expressive of disbelief
- }4 Q6 O2 Q4 J9 U& {( D  incriminate v to accuse of a crime or other wrongful act; to cause to appear guilty of a crime or fault; implicate
& u) W& e( ~3 i* u; G* c: Y9 C. V) h  incumbent adj presently holding an office or position; compulsory; necessary; resting; lying
8 j: f1 a4 G& [$ V# J4 f  incumbent n person who currently holds an office or position1 `8 m5 A  K7 r
  incur v to meet with; to bring upon oneself; to acquire; to become liable forindicate n to show; to point out; to mark; to signify; to imply; to exhibit; to reveal; to suggest
0 s8 C+ f1 h) N" Y- l( `& W2 j: {  indicator n one that indicates, especially a pointer or an index; an instrument used to monitor the operation or condition of an engine, an electrical network, or another physical system; a meter or gauge
0 o% j. F. O1 a5 R7 m9 d+ D- }  indoor adj occurring within a building; meant to be used inside* R& y! [3 x9 I+ m$ B/ `) ^( Q/ M
  induce v to cause; to bring about; to set in motion; to influence; to persuade; to impel; to infer; to deduce; to derive a general proposition from certain facts- q7 f8 m7 A4 v1 ?4 u
  indulge v to give in to desire; to yield to; to satisfy; to spoil; to humor: y, Q$ e# T9 K* v' u
  indulgence n act of giving in to desire; something which gratifies; luxury; leniency; tolerance; humoring; pampering
. ~0 V- |% ?& s+ i  industrial adj of, relating to, or resulting from industry; having highly developed industries; employed, required, or used in industry
# D! i1 R( A# q/ d  industrialize v to innovate and develop production% [+ t+ t- i/ a$ w7 Y% e2 u
  industrious adj assiduous in work or study; diligent! {* h/ v1 d( \" g) ^. u
  ineffable adj incapable of being expressed; indescribable or unutterable; not to be uttered; taboo
2 }% A, D0 Y9 d5 `. S. c  inexorable adj not capable of being persuaded by entreaty; relentless
' E2 Q+ E/ l8 ^8 L. ^  infallibility n the quality of never making an error
0 y: z9 C1 b/ B' v, n  infancy n beginning phase of a project; babyhood
6 m8 f" r3 @/ n$ k  infant adj pertaining to a minor# Q' N  k; ^$ d4 L  A
  infant n baby; very young child; toddler; tot; minor; beginner
$ m& [' Z6 E- I. u  infer v to derive; to conclude; to guess; to surmise; to hint
  Y) I( N) n: _) K/ B3 C) ]  inference n act of deriving; speculation; drawing of a conclusion* z# a- C, f  n5 x
  inflammable adj easily ignited and capable of burning rapidly; flammable; quickly or easily aroused to strong emotion; excitable3 _- b9 X, o& r
  inflation n increase in the supply of money in relation to the amount of goods available resulting in a rise in prices; act of filling with air or gas
2 G4 Y$ j5 E  ~& `8 e, @3 T  inflict v to impose; to cause something unpleasant$ {. n# F  q+ G: C8 E9 w& v2 [
  influence n effect; impact; action of a person or thing which affects another; person or thing which has power to affect others5 F& C# y1 j# u2 D
  influence v to affect; to impact; to impel; to control' e8 C% c% |0 ^2 J; x6 }
  influx n flowing in; inflow; inward flow; place where a stream flows into another body of water
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:45 | 显示全部楼层

托业考试综合指导(9)

inform v to communicate data to; to tell; to brief; to apprise; to notify; to tell on; to inspire; to animate
6 }& s* ]" q5 M1 j  informal adj unofficial; unceremonious; relaxed; casual; easy; laid-back) j+ C, c8 c! q6 \- |7 |" p
  information n knowledge; intelligence; data; act of providing knowledge' p: k. t: T2 _
  infraction n the act or an instance of infringing; a violation
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-5 08:16 , Processed in 0.218993 second(s), 25 queries .