QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 114|回复: 1

[综合辅导] 托业考试综合指导(10)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  jeopardize v to endanger; to place in danger; to imperil; to put at risk
% P+ ?& y# ^* v  v8 }; K  jeopardy n danger; peril; hazard; risk; endangerment; imperilment- k4 {7 T0 d! `1 y  |
  junction n intersection; crossing; connection; point of convergence; meeting point; place where two things meet and crossjustify v to vindicate; to defend; to support; to excuse5 N0 Q4 F3 p, _
  kit n set; equipment; furnishings; outfit; clothing; wash basin0 G. @9 c5 D: f# G; r- p
  landlord n one that owns and rents land, buildings, or dwelling units/ I) K  \; l7 E2 X3 f. u
  landscape n view; scenery; photograph of scenery; painting or drawing of scenery; horizontal page orientation
( n1 z- H0 b- c/ D  landscaper n person who designs gardens or large areas+ S6 F, F7 V' ]; X. \
  lasting adj continuing; enduring; remaining for a long time; durable, A2 x# p, V# W/ p
  launch n act of launching; act of sending out; act of starting or initiating; commencement; inauguration
6 I$ [$ k/ Q, T. B! B& X  launch v to start; to run; to activate; to inaugurate; to throw; to break into3 i. [  Z. s8 i1 ?! K
  lawsuit n case in a court of law brought by one party against another; legal claim5 x0 Y3 A/ ~7 W) e# a: o
  lay off v to postpone; to dismiss from a job; to fire3 W1 t( V) Q8 D: N' v# X$ _
  layer n thickness of some material that covers a surface; covering; bed; stratum3 d  K0 Q8 j1 M* ]) J
  layman n inexperienced person; person who is not a member of the clergy; member of the laity; person who does not belong to a particular profession( b, ?) V. p' J  C# u$ a  {! s9 g
  layout n arrangement; plan; sketch; drawing; something which has been arranged- U/ `& g6 \/ {. i; q" A
  leaflet n sheet of paper on which information has been printed; flyer9 c9 @) w$ q  f7 [  m4 `. V7 E
  leakage n something which escapes or passes through a hole or opening ; act of leaking; leak$ J! D: G9 P& h2 L1 g' u
  lease n contract which gives another the right to use or inhabit a property for a period of time in exchange for rent; period of time during which a lease is valid; property which is contracted to another
+ b1 _$ _9 ]) d! _9 Z* v  lease v to rent out property for a specific period of time; to let; to possess or occupy under the terms of a lease
5 G0 Q' N6 }9 Y! d9 J) k  leather n tanned and preserved animal skin from which the hair or fur has been removed; item made of tanned and preserved animal skin
" V* M  B) T7 b& r  r, Z3 M8 x  legacy n inheritance; bequest; something handed down from one‘s ancestors; j' c- z7 s) _0 [
  legible adj possible to read or decipher; plainly discernible; apparent) l4 q, e2 e9 q
  legislation n the act or process of legislating; lawmaking; a proposed or enacted law or group of laws% z2 l" G3 ?; N/ c) N- W
  legitimate adj lawful; acceptable; justified; reasonable; logical; correct; sound; authorized: z' }1 v- ]& @' N+ m/ x/ U4 C* ?
  legitimate v to make valid; to make lawful; to justify; to make permissible
3 Z5 Q& z/ {& r7 p  leisure n time free from work other demands and duties; free time; rest; recreation
+ ~6 g: ^- }6 f$ ~* T  letterhead n line printed at the top of a piece of stationary ; stationary printed with a heading3 g% `# C# Y/ ]4 l
  leverage n influence; ability to affect or alter people or circumstance; use of borrowed money to increase the return on an investment
: Y6 k+ b3 O1 K' U) G& Z4 O  leverage v to use one‘s influence to affect people or circumstances; to increase return on an investment by using borrowed money
" Q- u7 I# N/ x6 M. V3 L  levy n act or process of collecting or conscriptingby a government or other authority; something which is collected through a levy# A* ]' y4 L4 w
  levy v to impose a tax or fine; to conscript troops3 f+ j. q7 M% Q3 [2 |
  liability n financial obligation; debt; responsibility; obligation; disadvantage; handicap; likelihood
4 `& N9 _% g: @4 \# G- G2 ?  liable adj under legal obligation; responsible; likely; prone; susceptible; subject to) R1 D' [8 f0 w8 H( y1 c( `
  liberal adj in favor of reform; supporting a progressive philosophy; tolerant; open-minded; generous; abundant; t: e( J0 v5 j$ x$ c
  liberal n person who favors political and social reform; person who supports a progressive political philosophy
4 H7 C1 h3 z7 \/ G, N' p8 {' Y9 O  license n permit; official permission; authorization; document which shows proof of authorization; certificate
# [' H3 _: U- z0 e  license v to issue a license; to grant a permit; to authorize; to permit; to allow
. W( Y' N+ t4 T% R7 c% `% O  lifestyle n way of life
6 O+ I; g( j4 e  likelihood n probability; chance; feasibility; possibility+ }3 A9 H$ u0 ^* y+ U
  limited adj confined within a boundary; restricted; narrow; mediocre
. P. v8 a' r7 A5 a$ j+ F; I7 @' W  linger v to be slow in leaving, especially out of reluctance; tarry; to persist; to be tardy in acting; procrastinate( r! l2 ^7 \0 j8 x2 g
  linkage n a connection or relation; an association* ~# _- @- b: X) X( z! |
  literate adj able to read and write; knowledgeable or educated in a particular field or fields
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:44 | 显示全部楼层

托业考试综合指导(10)

litter n refuse; trash; disorder- C+ p  x% s4 k, {% M
  litter v to toss or dump garbage in an unauthorized place; to scatter objects in disorder2 K4 i1 ~1 X: R+ c/ j5 n
  loan v to lend a sum of money for a period of time; to give temporarily9 S0 Z# D. N& I; T$ n4 s
  locate v to situate; to place; to identify; to find; to settle- T' e- m" L* ^9 O$ X9 q8 _& v4 h& l
  located adj situated; placed; identified; found; existing; standing
) o- `8 Y, X1 C  location n place; position; situation; site; spot
7 B9 {9 l7 G3 y0 \9 y  locksmith n person who makes and fixes keys and fasting mechanisms  v9 [( y, a2 U: Y
  logistics n planning and execution; management of a business or other operation; department of a company which oversees and maintains material and other recourses
2 N0 t6 c' A# Q( E3 @: l- W  logo n graphic symbol which represents a company or organization2 p# o  {$ u6 B9 t$ Q
  look forward to v to anticipate gladly: p0 I: K/ R! E4 Y: Z8 X; t3 G; m2 I; i
  look into v to investigate
. F, V% u. G& f; n/ n( @" J3 _  look over v to examine
; S8 O$ q' F; V1 M3 O1 j  loom v to appear as a large and indistinct form; to appear as larger than life; to impend; to weave fabric on a loom
5 U7 ^6 f: a* W3 h$ q* T1 n4 c) c6 v  loop n rope which has curved and doubled over itself leaving a circular opening; something which has a curved or circular shape: |" r! X7 L. N' P4 r* p
  loop v to form a loop; to make circular shape+ A5 P, [# f0 b9 N' ^- j7 j. l
  lounge n sofa; couch; large public waiting room; lobby; room in which cocktails are served; living room; slow walk; stroll
( ~7 Y+ V$ B' A. M2 N: `. [' x6 p  lounge v to lie down; to recline; to move in a relaxed manner; to walk lazily0 y' k6 S3 |+ \0 U* n6 Z
  loyal adj faithful; true to one‘s obligations) t8 @" f* h$ L" {
  loyalty n faithfulness; devotion; constancy9 w- n/ S* r% q, }5 v! R- h
  lucid adj comprehensible; intelligible; rational; sane; transparent; bright; radiant; shining
$ U. Y" ~; F) ~( X9 z8 n  lucrative adj profitable; yielding monetary rewards; gainful5 x8 ~5 b7 N. w
  luggage n suitcases; cases and bags carried by travelers% q1 |; h! h9 D! i8 g+ Q
  luncheon n afternoon party where a light meal is served
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 00:39 , Processed in 0.451054 second(s), 23 queries .