立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 83|回复: 1

[综合辅导] 托业考试综合指导(13)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  obesity n the condition of being obese; increased body weight caused by excessive accumulation of fat
, K; i# q( L8 i& a) q1 @  objection n opposition; appeal; denial; protest" v2 N! Y+ }: F! f. y6 S- |
  objective adj impartial; unbiased; existing outside of the mind; relating to or characteristic of a direct object ; expressing or dealing with facts% J8 K: F- ~0 G4 _) J
  objective n aim; purpose, goal; objective caseobligation n duty responsibility; indebtedness; agreement+ S  Z* Z5 [, D# \; s
  obligatory adj binding; compelling; must be done; necessary6 H$ H: A, P% V6 S8 z
  oblivious adj lacking all memory; forgetful; lacking conscious awareness; unmindful
2 j: }3 P: `9 k4 G- @  observe v to watch; to study; to monitor; to supervise; to discern; to keep; to honor; to fulfill religious commandments; to follow; to abide by; to remark; to comment7 e( h5 Q; B+ a; l- A# _
  obsolete adj ancient; archaic; no longer in use; outdated; disappearing; useless
& ^' p5 H5 D1 ~( z' }' G  obtain v to acquire; to come by; to procure; to secure; to earn; to achieve: T( t; A' z) J
  obviate v to anticipate and dispose of effectively; render unnecessary8 n$ p- M: h  J) R9 ?
  obvious adj clear; unmistakable; apparent; evident; plain
% o. g* k, p% h6 O4 {  obviously adv clearly; unmistakably; plainly; apparently
" B+ E* t4 \* G5 y% u+ L  occasion n opportunity; occurrence, event; incident; reason; cause; justification% N' P2 H6 k8 k3 ~
  occupancy n period of residence; act of taking possession ; right of possession1 {$ h3 [8 H- i0 q) l8 h# w/ [
  occupation n act of forcefully taking possession of an area; seizure; conquest; possession or settlement of land& x1 `* I, U. @% O/ t2 s
  occupied adj conquered; seized; filled; taken up; in use ; inhabited; populated; absorbed, engrossed
! x" h% m& L# i8 z  j  occur v to happen; to take place; to transpire; to come to mind; to suggest itself9 i+ j' t2 Q! s" X) l
  occurrence n happening; event; incident" m( I3 V3 k' d- X% }2 K
  offence n attack;side that pursues ; misdeed; insult; state of being offended; transgressionoffender n transgressor; person who breaks the law; one who insults- U* b9 R2 `% v" N
  offense n attack;side that pursues ; misdeed; insult; state of being offended; transgressionoffensive n attack; act of aggression; position of pursuit or aggression
9 z2 ]2 S$ `: ~; O: `4 q% j! C2 Q2 _  official n person who holds public position; authority
& V* c. E- Y  _8 a& D6 e$ N, e+ ~  offset n outcome; compensation; counterbalance; printing method in which a printing plate transfers ink to a blanket which in turn transfers the ink to the paperoffset v to compensate; to balance; to print with an offset printing press
: N6 H6 x- w" o5 M* H  M0 h  omission n deletion; negligence; failure; default
% ~% F4 I$ S& p4 p# _( g  omit v to delete; to skip over; to neglect) H% @+ i  \3 w) {; P
  onus n responsibility; duty; burden; impediment; blame, p7 K" U% C1 y5 W6 i( r
  operate v to act; to function; to manage; to use; to activate; to perform surgery
7 Y( O; c& f; g  Z  operation n working, performance, handling; venture, undertaking; series of actions, procedure ; campaign; series of activities to achieve a goal ; surgery" I8 G* N8 o' J  N
  operational adj working; functional; ready for use5 f, o" |1 p$ }. n5 i  f
  operator n one who activates; worker of a telephone switchboard; worker; operation symbol; character which signifies a logical or mathematical operation between several numbersopinion n attitude; outlook; formal judgment or estimation
) }/ y) E' X" [3 J2 B1 ^7 @* k  opportune adj appropriate; fitting; well-timed; timely; proper; expedient
6 ]# I! Y' M/ H$ t  opportunity n chance; occasion; favorable time to act
% w6 X* L8 \% i! z- a8 f  oppose v to be in contention or conflict with; to be resistant to; to place opposite in contrast or counterbalance
8 S% b# Q) h7 T  j7 h* P5 d1 I! L  opposite adj facing, across from; contrary; reverse; different; antithetical
/ Z% u# w  i8 w5 ~' L) s" z  opposite adv on or towards an opposite side; contrarily
- M1 ~, [" [/ M  opposite n contrast; something contrary! X4 M4 O, y/ f6 k. t5 s: {0 U
  oppositeprep across from; facing5 x* }2 J  z* C. c( q0 n6 R: E
  optimal adj most favorable or desirable; optimum" t0 W7 d5 ~" G& r- D+ k1 j
  option n choice; alternative; possibility; selection; election
, x# B& L- O0 c# l# @  ordinary adj regular; common- y5 J' J7 o, ~6 y* L
  organize v to arrange; to order; to systematize; to establish; to set up; to unite; to compile; to structure
% Z1 w3 J8 H0 _$ c6 i( k& P2 D4 m# ^  origin n source; beginning; birth; parentage; nationality
" u$ `5 l! O- y3 J. X( f  original adj first; primary; innovative; creative; novel
4 I+ ~% U3 J& N. _5 N; o  original n source from which something arises; originator; prototype; model; original workoriginality n state of not being a derivative of anything else
, i- r$ p* y( ?& }; F& _: y  originally adv at first; in the first place; in a unique manner
- B4 k( R: w0 r" {  originate v to begin; to be created; to result from; to develop; to be born; to be produced
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:44 | 显示全部楼层

托业考试综合指导(13)

ostensible adj apparent; seeming, Y0 o' `. ^. H+ I" f
  ostentatious adj showy; pretentious; bombastic; pompous; garish
$ ~$ U2 M. c7 H, j  o8 w8 R  outbound adj leaving; sailing; traveling to another country
! b8 U# j2 d9 \: m  outdoor adj of nature) Z1 f( ?6 l- }& d4 d; e8 C* g
  outlet n exit; means of relief ; electrical source for connecting appliances; store that sells products directly from the manufacturer ; shop; joint; store
" G- M; s) E! @' W( Y  output n yield; product; manufacture; information sent out from a computeroutside adj external; of the outdoors; from the outdoors; maximal6 L4 F& W0 V' ?+ N( s. a% ]
  outstanding adj excellent; conspicuous; prominent; notable; owing, due; unsettled ; unresolved( H4 Y0 D$ _2 a' E) L
  overall n one piece garment made of trousers and a piece of cloth that covers the chest and has shoulder strapsovercome v to subdue; to solve
: G# r5 n- ?- X! q# k; U  overdraft n limit to which money may be withdrawn from the bank on credit& F5 L3 A7 S3 K: ]* a7 P8 T
  overhaul n an act of overhauling; a repair job( \; h# b  h$ H. u
  overhaul v to examine or go over carefully for needed repairs; to dismantle in order to make repairs; to make extensive renovations or revisions on; renovate; to catch up with; overtake
2 S- ], j4 r( ?8 O9 |; g  overhead adj of general expenses; general; positioned or directed over the head
( t0 G% O: t5 k" v  overhead adv from above; above; in the sky- Q7 e1 ~$ Y8 p8 _* q
  overhead n general expenses; manufacturing and business expenses; information which is attached to a message on a network in order to ensure error-free transmission to the correct destinationoverhear v to hearwithout the speaker‘s awareness or intent, r- N4 L3 E5 ?& u7 H
  overlap v to cover a part of; to have something in common1 T* [1 w. n2 i& d
  overlook v to inspect; to supervise; to miss; to omit; to ignore; to excuse
* |6 [7 Z* v$ H* l% q4 P/ h  overseas adj beyond or across the sea; foreign% q- [+ N4 n4 N7 |: B
  overseas adv across the sea; from beyond the sea; over the sea# y0 ?, `" G7 J2 D0 c1 D$ H' X  `9 ^
  oversee v to supervise; to manage; to inspect
) J. O$ C0 V) Y# W8 f9 b3 h7 s  overt adj plain; clear; visible; public; intentional; undisguisedovertime adv exceeding regular working hours; additional timeovertime n work beyond regular working hours; pay for such work; extra time, additional timeoverview n synopsis; general survey; introduction
: n# R6 A, T9 I: \/ ]  X0 N5 S  overwhelm v to defeat; to master; to crush; to stagger; to stun; to daze; to flood; to engulf  L8 J  S8 p& q  D
  owe v to be indebted to; to be under obligation to pay or repay; to feel that a certain thing is deserved; to have an emotion or attitude toward someone or something
4 Q$ j/ c$ b7 f+ x, q  ownership n legal right of possession
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 22:24 , Processed in 0.243854 second(s), 23 queries .