QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 224|回复: 5

[综合辅导] 商业托福综合辅导(4)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  daily adj. occurring on a regular basis
/ C) {+ E( ^+ T' A- X  daily n. newspaper that is published 5 to 7 times a week3 j) D4 O, {  }8 l: a' w. j) ^1 X
  damage n. injury; harm2 R2 z3 T7 k3 `2 k
  damage v. to cause harm; to cause injury; to destroy partly% G/ }8 \* L$ g) I$ t4 |
  dampen v. to make damp; to deaden, restrain, or depress0 W# ]/ o0 ?  \) B1 q. N
  dash n. punctuation mark indicating a break in a sentence; hyphen; bit; drop; pinch; rush; sprint; onset; race; vigor; spirit
/ f) C% G! i+ c( A* u; s( F! Z" P  dash v. to move with sudden speed; to bolt; to shatter; to hurl; to cast
4 j- T) w& N: A0 v  date n. day, month and year according to the calendar; interview; meeting( ^* c1 N/ v: Z$ B* t- V! `
  deadline n. time when a project; assignment; task or job must be completed or turned in" o2 `; J. _4 |/ T0 i( p
  deafening adj. to make deaf, especially momentarily by a loud noise; to make soundproof
4 o6 p$ `' W" t5 e1 ^( j. \  deal n. agreement; business transaction; exchange; amount
5 x3 l: G8 g& o; X# K9 y  deal v. to give; to provide; to offer; to distribute; to supply; to direct; to take care; to sell; to trade( w8 \+ ^$ k4 d7 C5 u7 r
  dealer n. supplier; seller; merchant; agent; sales representative
4 t8 u; j/ L" t6 p' U' m7 U  dealing n. manner of doing business; behavior; distribution; giving out
' A' Y- @' w1 o! r; {7 U  G  debase v. to lower in character, quality, or value; degrade
: e3 b8 ]- v0 M, T) m1 j* @9 j- Q  debate n. argument; dispute; discussion; conversation
' u- i$ d& B+ G# F' u  debate v. to argue; to discuss; to consider; to ponder
! U# v" H9 x6 a1 w  debris n. rubble; ruins; wreckage; fragments' B# C; I3 Z! S+ _! g
  debt n. obligation; something owed (i.e. money)$ G1 J( l& h  B0 n. b: O
  debut n. opening of a show; first public appearance2 H/ W+ X; V, |  S' s9 z  k3 S) J
  debut v. to perform for the first time; to make one's premiere performance3 _: ]6 {  I' `1 R6 h; _
  decade n. ten years; group of tens
6 z9 [: w2 \" R: {4 F4 T  deceive v. to cause to believe what is not true; mislead
- m  [6 e, a7 g2 e  declaration n. statement; proclamation; announcement) }5 e" ]! N; ]
  declare v. to proclaim; to make a statement; to make a full statement of (one's taxable or dutiable property), Y+ R/ z2 B0 g$ j7 j
  decline n. downward; descent; slope; ebb
& e! i0 P6 t( m% [  decline v. to refuse; to go down; to decrease; to fall8 {  i; R/ s! x4 L& D+ j; G3 y
  decorate v. to furnish, provide, or adorn with something ornamental; embellish; to confer a medal or other honor on  K- e9 p$ ~% S8 O3 u# p
  decrease n. decline; reduction; lessening( \$ C/ S( n, O1 Q: d
  decrease v. to reduce; to lessen; to decline9 K" `+ E, x+ r4 d" i- ~
  dedicate v. to devote to; to set apart for; to inscribe (a book, poem, song, story etc.) to someone
9 V1 S! e' N* F0 l6 W! g  dedication n. devotion; inscription (in a book, poem, etc.)
: @# R3 v2 T$ C+ p8 o: Q  deduce v. to reach (a conclusion) by reasoning; to infer from a general principle; reason deductively1 ~9 D0 D7 l# Y4 F8 L! G
  deduction n. the act of deducting; subtraction; an amount that is or may be deducted; the drawing of a conclusion by reasoning7 }/ I6 t3 @6 V+ M
  defamation n. The act of defaming; calumny8 [. H) C' G4 T4 {
  default n. failure to perform a duty; failure to pay on time; failure to appear in court; option on a computer which is automatically selected& f* Z- O5 n: W) p/ J  s
  default v. to fail to perform a duty; to fail to pay on time; to fail to appear in court
- V3 m) \  b6 V3 j* l* h  defect n. deficiency; flaw7 _! R% U* \! r( [
  defect v. to desert; to abandon; to change sides
% R3 t) |8 J4 Z: k1 H  defense n. protection; security; rampart; shield
% X! r' x  E, D! x/ x  deference n. submission or courteous yielding to the opinion, wishes, or judgment of another; courteous respect2 y- J% b+ Q8 k$ V3 V" ^0 o
  define v. to explain; to clarify; to limit; to set boundaries
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:44 | 显示全部楼层

商业托福综合辅导(4)

definition n. explanation; meaning; interpretation (as of a word or term)
! Z; X7 v7 H$ O/ z  deform v. to spoil the natural form of; misshape; to spoil the beauty or appearance of; disfigure) a. v8 ?0 {+ `; ^6 p
  degrade v. to reduce in grade, rank, or status; demote; to lower in dignity; dishonor or disgrace; to lower in moral or intellectual character; debase0 k- H+ p! m4 `5 z/ L) m9 U' q
  degree n. rank; extent; unit of measurement of temperature and angles; academic title received after completing a program of studies at a university or college, i.e.: MBA (Master of Business Administration)+ H; n1 i1 U+ R+ o
  deject v. to lower the spirits of; dishearten8 ?3 j$ r8 L+ A  y  H) b
  delay n. postponement; hindrance; hold-up; stopping; lingering
! C( J# O, u1 Q2 _" o2 Q  delay v. to postpone; to hinder; to linger; to move slowly; to loiter
* S, g& j6 ]/ d+ p  delegate n. representative; deputy; agent; participant of a conference, convention; seminar etc.+ R1 A! ~# Y1 T# t" r
  delegate v. to authorize; to appoint as representative; to pass a duty or responsibility on to someone else
% I: O; L; |5 z9 I7 k9 W  delete v. to remove totally; to erase; to eliminate
9 G* V9 _  Z) F& v- Y  deliberate adj. intentional; purposeful; methodical
7 j2 i+ ]  ^* f# s5 t  |" K, l$ A  delicious adj. tasty; having a pleasant taste or smell
) f* h& H6 `6 j/ U. ~  delineate v. to draw or trace the outline of; sketch out; to represent pictorially; depict; to depict in words or gestures; describe: i& C6 }/ l! _1 b  O
  deliver v. to convey; to give; to bring; to distribute; to express/ z; b6 I" M; d2 f
  delivery n. distribution; liberation; transference3 _, v. C7 x' y. u4 I
  delude v. to deceive the mind or judgment of* \8 G0 r2 E- `8 s1 J; w0 k( I
  demeanor n. behavior; conduct; bearing; appearance" Q: H+ G3 o4 v/ d
  demographics n. study of the statistical characteristics of a population! x' R5 j, {* `7 l3 V
  demolish v. to destroy; to ruin; to tear down; to remove4 W9 r; ?& x/ P' A
  demonstrate v. to exhibit; to present; to display emotion; to display public opinion (through a protest march, meeting or any other action); to show or illustrate something through example, or physical demonstrations
: V3 ^% b, {+ g3 d  demonstration n. exhibition; explanation; showing; display of public opinion (through a protest march, meeting or any other action); emotional display
  e" {# D/ \3 |4 ~: F. Q/ r  denial n. refusal to accept; refusal to believe; refusal to recognize; act of denying2 Y9 |0 M% S+ i5 r$ T$ w3 ^
  denominator n. shared characteristic; common feature; number below the line in a fraction (Mathematics)
7 T+ O8 K, |2 q: G9 g# G3 B  denounce v. to condemn openly as being evil or reprehensible; to accuse formally
: A. L3 V3 l9 q& b' q( F  dense adj. compact; having a high mass per unit volume; close
: s/ O: ~) n2 E5 g. L! F' [- H  f( u# E  density n. compactness; closeness
, [$ m4 S: P0 s# h- R2 z6 Y  W  deny v. to say that something is not true; to refuse; to renounce
; B$ o) g3 Z3 J+ K& \  depart v. to leave; to go away; to go in a different direction; to die
4 g6 C5 J# E' m4 ]+ w) C  departure n. leaving; going away; opposite of arrival+ r4 Q$ u" ^# ]2 K4 _0 p1 k
  depend v. to rely on; to trust; to be dependent upon; to be supported by
; H' [) ]8 g+ k  dependent adj. relying on; needing (the help or support of another person); conditional; contingent
) \7 O- P; {/ P: X2 l  s  depict v. to describe; to illustrate; to characterize; to portray; to elucidate3 Q6 [! t' [( L8 Z% A( M
  deplete v. to decrease the fullness of; use up or empty out4 C8 _, Z( ~  ?4 m
  deplore v. to feel or express strong disapproval of; condemn; to express sorrow or grief over
0 q( n8 R7 F% ^  a, r' q7 C  Z- x  deploy v. to be spread out or arranged strategically (of troops, etc.); to move into a position of readiness and availability
# A$ A2 u0 q! V% P9 A  deposit n. sum of money that has been put in a bank for safekeeping; partial payment; pledge
1 Z. n6 I: M# E4 A. U+ {  deposit v. to put a sum of money in a bank for safekeeping; to pay in part; to set down
! }+ v) z( e; t9 |* |7 {  deprivation n. a removal of rank or office; a removal of rank or office; a removal of rank or office
, ]! q. e7 U' ]1 L# @9 s3 m  deprive v. to take something away from; to keep from possessing or enjoying; deny; to remove from office
/ a! m% B! h( K' i  _  deregulate v. to free from regulation, especially to remove government regulations from1 X# a' l# ?& y
  deregulation n. process of removing something from government control; transferal of ownership from government to private hands; privatization
# |5 |8 M/ a7 {* e& L  dereliction n. willful neglect, as of duty or principle; the act of abandoning; abandonment2 Q# v9 t& C2 z) Z) t7 B
  deride v. to speak of or treat with contemptuous mirth
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:45 | 显示全部楼层

商业托福综合辅导(4)

derivation n. the act or process of deriving; the form or source from which something is derived; an origin; the historical origin and development of a word% a# J) M0 D/ @: m& n& ~1 d
  descend v. to move from a higher to a lower place; come or go down; to slope, extend, or incline downward; to come down from a source; derive
/ V3 B( r/ M0 _$ \9 f7 N  u8 C  describe v. to depict; to illustrate; to explain; to characterize; to elucidate; to give an account of1 w; ~2 M) ]6 a$ H* X4 G, Y
  description n. explanation; illustration; instruction
: Z# ?" d5 r9 h+ N3 j  desert adj. of, relating to, characteristic of, or inhabiting a desert; barren and uninhabited; desolate
9 H5 K1 n" M4 U( g. @( u  desert n. a barren or desolate area; an empty or forsaken place; a wasteland8 Q: p5 ?5 L1 u5 c
  desert v. to leave empty or alone; abandon; to withdraw from, especially in spite of a responsibility or duty; forsake
" `6 b3 [* ^$ w8 I5 R  deserve v. to be worthy of; to have a right to" R0 P2 S8 r- [$ p
  design n. plan; sketch; model; layout; structure
9 p; [1 w, i" C0 ]  design v. to make plans for; to formulate; to create; to conceive; to think up; to intend; to produce; to conceptualize( J6 }2 O2 Z% H/ n/ ~
  designate v. to indicate or specify; point out; to select and set aside for a duty, an office, or a purpose
2 E7 v  A% i: k1 P  despiteprep. notwithstanding
$ H; |  x5 N4 ?& A2 o1 p+ @  destination n. place where one is going; place where something is sent; the purpose for which something is destined6 M; Q8 u" M- ?
  destroy v. to demolish; to ruin; to destruct; to erase4 s4 V# a& ]" U: a
  destruction n. ruin; desolation; annihilation
1 e. b) B6 [  G  detachment n. the act or process of disconnecting or detaching; separation; the state of being separate or detached; indifference to or remoteness from the concerns of others; aloofness$ \0 O& F6 `0 G3 |( K. G$ t/ u# e- ^
  detail v. to list; to describe; to specify; to assign; to delegate; to enumerate
/ Y+ z" X) {, `4 J1 B% T/ ~# Y  detailed adj. itemized; containing details; marked by abundant detail or by thoroughness in treating small items or parts4 t- d) G" G+ E! v2 |+ T$ `/ }! z
  detain v. to keep from proceeding; delay or retard; to keep in custody or temporary confinement# s$ |3 e( Y! Z8 C/ w( A( O. a
  detect v. to discover; to discern; to find out9 D$ V% m% }, A) T$ B8 e7 U, n
  detention n. the act of detaining; the state or a period of being detained* D- ^9 f& c( l" L+ W
  deteriorate v. to diminish or impair in quality, character, or value; to grow worse; degenerate; to weaken or disintegrate; decay5 U0 k' H" R9 H% C4 h) y+ w
  determine v. to decide; to define; to settle; to conclude; to cause; to affect
* G3 q+ l4 t$ J1 ?' C  detest v. to dislike intensely; abhor: k, U7 U2 N7 m% z& _7 ]
  detrimental adj. causing damage or harm; injurious
" [0 ~: d' k+ W$ ^. w  devaluation n. a reduction in the value of one currency in relation to other currencies/ L! S& Q8 I  [
  devastate v. to lay waste; destroy; to overwhelm; confound; stun
4 S+ h% W# b+ j  deviate v. to turn aside from a course or way; to depart, as from a norm, purpose, or subject; stray
" v: M  g2 F4 P6 }3 V1 J  device n. apparatus; hardware component which can send or receive date (Computers); appliance; gadget; trick; scheme( F  T/ T+ v. N( `9 t  l
  devise v. to plan; to invent; to design( i" n- z) L; K/ h
  devitalize v. to diminish or destroy the strength or vitality of: e8 ^4 T/ W: l1 Q$ p
  devote v. to give or apply (one's time, attention, or self) entirely to a particular activity, pursuit, cause, or person; to set apart for a specific purpose or use; to set apart by or as if by a vow or solemn act; consecrate
( U: D0 |! Q9 [  dictate v. to say something aloud for someone to write down; to command; to order; to impose# \3 |4 r1 v+ T  Z
  diet n. nourishment; nutrition; food and drink; regimen; weight loss plan
7 f4 g$ L2 }7 @' L3 c  diet v. to limit the amount of food eaten; to eat only certain kinds of food) D% ^- y6 T0 n8 K& ]. a
  diffuse v. to pour out and cause to spread freely; to spread about or scatter; disseminate; to make less brilliant; soften
* z8 i$ c9 D0 V  V* L  digit n. one of the ten Arabic number symbols, 0 through 9; a human finger or toe5 ~) T5 K! z" {$ P& E3 ^
  digital adj. using numbers; with numbers; based on digits
0 i# ~. G" d7 ]6 k  dignity n. respected position; honor; nobility
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:46 | 显示全部楼层

商业托福综合辅导(4)

diligent adj. ambitious; industrious; hard-working; characterized by steady, earnest, and energetic effort
1 V5 g9 [" k, g0 S' z  r. D  directory n. guidebook; library; catalog; subdivision of a disk in which files are stored (Computers); web portal site- V5 b0 m& A2 i  I5 l, p
  disappear v. to go out of sight; to become extinct; to cease to exist; to vanish; opposite of to appear
5 H# A& z/ F' B8 u3 }3 H1 j  disavow v. to disclaim knowledge of, responsibility for, or association with: Y2 I$ {( |2 a3 }8 `/ H
  discard n. garbage; refuse; scrap
/ Y3 H$ f1 ^  N2 [* h6 T  discard v. to throw away; to get rid of/ F  n% Q( S: x, t! b* L4 O
  discern v. to distinguish; to perceive; to recognize; to discriminate- A; @: W8 F6 U$ c3 @
  discharge n. the act of removing a load or burden; a flowing out or pouring forth; emission; secretion; something that is discharged, released, emitted, or excreted
* z4 @& P0 J9 v1 \: Y  discharge v. to relieve of a burden or of contents; unload; to release, as from confinement, care, or duty; to remove from office or employment* s. N& `% F$ E* G: ~' k0 c9 L( e3 {
  discipline n. training( b5 ^4 L! T/ A. b: e1 |
  disclaim v. to deny connection with; to renounce; to repudiate; to disavow, w! o# k3 G8 m/ X2 h! n: w
  disclaimer n. statement which denies responsibility or affiliation; act of disclaiming; repudiation; renouncing of a claim; denial( n& F, L- o! d
  discord n. Lack of agreement among persons, groups, or things; Tension or strife resulting from a lack of agreement; dissension; An inharmonious combination of simultaneously sounded tones (Music)
; W0 c9 f( D( v+ o) [4 B' I. j  discord v. to fail to agree or harmonize; clash( X8 @# H. X- [( L
  discount n. price reduction; rebate$ l9 [7 e/ w/ `3 A% e) v
  discount v. to disregard; to ignore; to reduce the price of; to mark down; to give a discount
) M5 N! ~1 N2 U1 j2 T  discourage v. to cause to lose heart; to deter; to dissuade; to show disapproval of; to derail
; v. l' o) L& {& |: P: L& M  discouraged adj. deprived of hope or confidence; dissuaded from4 t8 b* V4 y2 d! X  b- z. z
  discouragement n. derailment; feeling of despair in the face of obstacles( [3 u- k7 T6 _/ z8 s- H4 v3 i& J
  discourse n. verbal expression in speech or writing; verbal exchange; conversation
/ i2 F3 H) a  s' m" h5 U8 p& _# Q  discourse v. to speak or write formally and at length; to engage in conversation or discussion; converse
. w4 H+ e) _7 \8 L, n4 @' |  discover v. to find out; to come across; to gain knowledge; to learn of something; to get information about something
. X2 {# k8 X  K3 V( F* i/ I  discredit n. loss of or damage to one's reputation; lack or loss of trust or belief; doubt; something damaging to one's reputation or stature
& y6 ^6 j  v9 e- A+ J( S  discredit v. to damage in reputation; disgrace; to cause to be doubted or distrusted; to refuse to believe; x  }! v2 [8 B
  discrete adj. separate; individual; discontinuous
! g, X- V/ z7 s+ H* G4 z& J6 x  discretion n. caution; wisdom; careful judgment. [$ Z8 `) }% n# @
  discriminate v. to make a clear distinction; distinguish; to make distinctions on the basis of class or category without regard to individual merit; show preference or prejudice
% O2 G9 o- d  v6 x% [# v( T+ F& ]  disdain n. a feeling or show of contempt and aloofness; scorn6 W7 J. E" u8 a- R! P, H
  disdain v. to regard or treat with haughty contempt; despise; to consider or reject as beneath oneself
; e- Z5 j8 b  z: v  W7 @+ S  disease n. sickness; illness; a3 J% q6 C# _  i0 [
  disembark v. to go ashore from a boat; to leave a plane or vehicle; to land( t" P& W2 r" }* E$ ~7 |7 C
  disgruntle v. to make discontented
4 U4 `8 ?& P* _7 j# |0 s  disguise n. the act or an instance of disguising; clothes or accessories worn to conceal one's true identity; appearance that misrepresents the true character of something% F. F/ B( m! u/ o6 E/ T0 V2 \$ s
  disguise v.to modify the manner or appearance of in order to prevent recognition; to conceal or obscure by dissemblance or false show; misrepresent% D2 {) k9 a0 c
  dislocate v. to put out of usual or proper place, position, or relationship; to throw into confusion or disorder; disrupt0 V: y5 P( J" d" N/ t0 o
  dislodge v. to extricate; to remove; to evict; to oust; to expel
1 l1 L+ J( b/ r$ k$ h  dismal adj. gloomy; cheerless; bad; depressing; sad
  j6 ?7 C0 \; m! L- c  dismay n. a sudden or complete loss of courage in the face of trouble or danger
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:47 | 显示全部楼层

商业托福综合辅导(4)

dismay v. to destroy the courage or resolution of by exciting dread or apprehension; to cause to lose enthusiasm; disillusion5 ~, q( a( b0 [% a! ^* z
  dismiss v. to send away; to fire; to release; to free3 i9 H3 K- t0 U) c3 C$ ?: k+ r
  disparate adj. markedly different; contrasting
1 c" G: J: a' v+ V8 U  dispassion n. freedom from passion, bias, or emotion; objectivity9 T" b% I+ _# [; X. e8 q0 c
  dispassionate adj. devoid of or unaffected by passion, emotion, or bias3 _6 Z7 H- I; U, |3 b
  dispatch n. sending off; shipment; message; communication; promptness! @( @  ~  h4 }0 ?
  dispatch v. to send off quickly; to dismiss; to conclude with speed and efficiency; to eliminate
2 c5 }- R: G! L0 K+ C% O4 x0 H, }  dispel v. to rid one's mind of; to drive away or off by or as if by scattering9 n1 k! K9 s5 t5 E) X: C% b' j; e+ Q2 A
  dispense n. expenditure; pardon
( \) F5 j1 |7 \9 x: t" K' F  dispense v. to do without; to give up; to distribute; to give out; to hand out0 r9 U+ }- f# K* w/ @% j2 _
  disperse v. to drive off or scatter in different directions; to cause to vanish or disappear; to disseminate
5 ~1 Q$ O7 W4 u9 I9 }7 u, f  displace v. to move or shift from the usual place or position, especially to force to leave a homeland; to take the place of; supplant; to discharge from an office or position7 ^5 l9 D8 ~9 R0 x; P! O6 n
  display n. presentation; show; screen; monitor (Computers); exposure; exhibition; attractive arrangement of products
2 S& I% d, P% g/ n  display v. to put out for others to see; to show; to exhibit; to reveal; to show in an ostentatious manner% L. C% }. j) e1 n( s/ J/ e% O1 @2 r
  disposal n. getting rid of; arranging
9 s6 f. f( ~: [  dispose v. to control; to arrange; to put in order9 ~" {& B5 d/ r; c) s) M
  disposition n. tendency; character; nature; trait; arrangement; placement+ ~) Q4 Y# ^& u: b/ K7 c
  dispute n. quarrel; disagreement; argument0 I: a8 x0 F1 e
  dispute v. to argue; to debate; to appeal; to contest; to oppose; to fight against
  [! k3 J, \8 L' _* R! K  disrupt v. to upset; to disturb; to divide
5 l: e; R/ M0 p  x4 N% z  dissent n. difference of opinion or feeling; disagreement; the refusal to conform to the authority or doctrine of an established church
1 f. ]$ n$ T8 b  dissent v. to differ in opinion or feeling; disagree; to withhold assent or approval" B3 T' U2 r- ]# y
  dissidence n. disagreement, as of opinion or belief; dissent6 q3 V9 S8 R5 Y. d8 [# \
  dissipate v. to scatter; to spread out; to be scattered
' _! e9 A; r* `0 q" K  dissolve v. To cause to pass into solution; To cause to disappear or vanish; dispel; To bring to an end by or as if by breaking up; terminate4 V3 p" b. B5 Y! J; `* L& p" _
  distinctive adj. special; unique; different+ g1 y" \* Q( y/ H1 _
  distinguish v. to mark as different; to see as different; to discern; to recognize" i! r6 F. e. A0 q) k% T
  distort v. to twist out of a proper or natural relation of parts; misshape; to give a false or misleading account of; misrepresent; to cause to work in a twisted or disorderly manner; pervert+ A& s8 U0 ?3 T
  distract v. to disturb; to confuse; to worry; to divert; to amuse; to draw one's attention away; opposite of to attract: Y6 S' N5 G0 q+ @! t
  distress n. anxiety or mental suffering; severe strain resulting from exhaustion or an accident; the condition of being in need of immediate assistance' }) U" k. i9 b: E8 @
  distress v. to cause strain, anxiety, or suffering to; to mar or otherwise treat (an object or fabric, for example) to give the appearance of an antique or of heavy prior use
5 R0 \8 K  v3 w, E  W; J( m- w; g  distribute v. to divide and dispense in portions; to supply (goods) to retailers; to spread or diffuse over an area; scatter; to separate into categories; classify8 e3 s% M4 Y3 k) G  m
  distributor n. person, company or organization that markets a commodity, product or service; wholesaler; person who allots or dispenses, X- D$ }! L2 x7 Y$ h1 [) ^7 E' G
  disturb v. to bother; to interrupt; to confuse; to worry; to cause concern; to cause disorder
& ~: ?! \. A% \5 G' t6 B9 t! ?  diverse adj. different; varied, l8 k& S" v. \# I* W0 V  m% v1 w
  diversification n. process of becoming varied) P* H3 A6 `, [/ `) F
  diversify v. to make different; to invest one's assets in various securities
  K2 Z2 G- }. \" s  y# y* M  diversity n. variety; difference; unlikeness/ }( c2 z. g2 N4 v$ }
  divert v. to distract; to entertain; to turn in a different direction; to deflect
( K9 X, i5 D4 i1 r9 o: R  B' G" {. c: ^  dividend n. a share of profits received by a stockholder or by a policyholder in a mutual insurance society; a payment pro rata to a creditor of a person adjudged bankrupt
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:48 | 显示全部楼层

商业托福综合辅导(4)

division n. act of separating into parts; partitioning; basic mathematical operation in which one number is divided by another; department; faculty; ranking; level according to difficulty; group of soldiers that form a distinct tactical unit within a squadron: l7 o) m% O+ ~* p$ x. P
  document n. certificate; paper which provides information or evidence; deed; written file; data file containing the product of a user's work (Computers)6 N2 S3 A- f! p  [' F: u. |* f. |/ g
  document v. to record for evidence; to write down; to provide with documentary evidence; to substantiate
, S$ V( \0 ^% f( |4 E: K; y  documentation n. collection of written records; use of written records as evidence
- N* }$ L; Z; i8 Z  domain n. a territory over which rule or control is exercised; a sphere of activity, concern, or function; a field
, d. k$ p" S: g! i0 q- \- E( }/ X# G  domestic adj. pertaining to home; pertaining to family; tame (about an animal)) S: u: [* z  F
  domestic n. housemaid; servant; housekeeper, a# V# B3 |! K
  dominant adj. exercising the most influence or control; most prominent, as in position; ascendant( @! \8 E9 n( f* t3 u" t, \
  dominate v. to control; to rule; to command; f" R; \- Y3 r
  donate v. to give; to contribute; to grant; to bestow- L4 F( J' X3 v6 y
  donation n. gift; contribution( Q0 l* i: H; f" n* e4 d: Z
  dosage n. administration of a therapeutic agent in prescribed amounts; addition of an ingredient to a substance in a specific amount, especially to wine
' O& t5 @3 J: H3 a0 d8 }5 W6 L  dotted adj. spotted; speckled; composed of a series of small dashes (about a line)( h/ e: h1 e- l  k; Q
  downcast adj. directed downward; low in spirits; depressed% v- R# V$ `: U7 x$ s3 T$ z6 {
  download v. to copy files from a distant computer onto another computer through an Internet connection
1 G2 c8 {3 t$ h) v  downsize v. to reduce the size of; to make smaller; to manufacture smaller amounts; to cut the number of employees8 V, r) f( L3 @* g- |
  downsizing n. act of reducing the size of; bringing something down to a smaller scale; lowering expenses; taking various measures to cut costs in order to stabilize the financial situation of a corporation (i.e. manufacturing in smaller amounts, etc.)- Z, ?* _4 N, Z# Y7 o, e) W# B
  downstream adj. in the direction of a stream's current; closer to the point of sale than to the point of production or manufacture (Business)
5 K* e) H. E2 M2 B5 s  downturn n. negative tendency (especially in economy or business)9 @) {2 t* Q: H% `2 ~* C
  downward adj. descending
0 V7 O& t1 V% ~+ n7 d- |& _3 W  downward adv. towards a lower place, position or section
8 B3 {1 Y( R& k% V# |  draft n. rough outline; sketch; check; written order for payment; conscription; calling up for army service; current of air3 d- Q) \" A! H$ \6 J, x" H
  draft v. to make an outline; to draw up in written form; to conscript; to recruit for military service; to force or persuade to do some task; to draw out and separate. m; l9 z. ]! X( t. k2 S
  drastic adj. extreme; intense; severe
: v4 L) S7 J& c' I+ T  drastically adv. (b) intensely; in an extreme manner; severely
2 B$ o9 j5 D# g% S1 b  draw v. to attract; to pull; to pull out; to sketch; to depict with lines; to describe with words; to move towards; to suck in; to conclude; to drain; to stretch out; to pick randomly; to be given randomly; to shrink by contraction; to disembowel( z( s/ _9 \. e. N; c- s" y
  drawback n. a disadvantage or inconvenience; a refund or remittance, such as a discount on duties or taxes for goods destined for reexport) _* ?+ `- k1 a5 ^- C7 i, a
  dress code n. formally or socially imposed standards of dress, especially in a company; the way employees of a company are dressed at work
% f" f$ |7 c  O& u  drill n. tool for drilling holes; practice; training; furrow; seeding machine; row of seeds in a furrow) x* E4 X" i; w. \' E! X9 N
  drill v. to bore a hole; to practice; to train; to sow seeds in rows
- H7 D' u4 K3 J5 T  drop n. small globule of liquid; drip; very small amount; pendant; piece of candy; lozenge; act of dropping supplies from a plane; sudden descent; fall+ Q, ]+ o9 h: V; U7 a! x1 @* m4 r
  duplicate adj. double; identical; matching
" z* d7 w" X% x2 ^* l  duplicate n. copy; photocopy; exact replica; reproduction9 O7 D7 ^" u. m
  duplicate v. to copy; to replicate; to photocopy
% s) ^( Z" P$ n4 I$ `6 [1 r  durable adj. sturdy; long lasting
$ d% N8 w( V7 Q, H  duration n. period of time that something continues- J  L& i6 m7 c8 O
  duress n. intimidation; constraint; pressure; coercion
' B, C+ E5 @. C0 y2 v3 _  dweller n. a person who inhabits a particular place% r$ U  W0 h: T0 n' p
  dynamic adj. forceful; energetic; vigorous; spirited; alive
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-18 21:24 , Processed in 0.311692 second(s), 31 queries .