QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 225|回复: 5

[综合辅导] 商业托福综合辅导(4)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  daily adj. occurring on a regular basis
+ D4 w) S" W8 _! r$ p* Z/ h$ m/ r  daily n. newspaper that is published 5 to 7 times a week4 H: A# h" G6 X2 a: I
  damage n. injury; harm
- i1 ^) ]3 N7 u  damage v. to cause harm; to cause injury; to destroy partly
" ]' s  i* M* x6 I: z! k  dampen v. to make damp; to deaden, restrain, or depress
- \# n" Q) O9 i8 b3 M$ u8 q/ c  dash n. punctuation mark indicating a break in a sentence; hyphen; bit; drop; pinch; rush; sprint; onset; race; vigor; spirit
) w9 F3 W2 C* T+ S) Z) F5 ?  dash v. to move with sudden speed; to bolt; to shatter; to hurl; to cast! p3 Y$ `% h* @3 \2 _# L5 \( }4 H
  date n. day, month and year according to the calendar; interview; meeting
1 }* r( U  I. Y! p$ ~* }7 _* _% [7 p  deadline n. time when a project; assignment; task or job must be completed or turned in
7 ]2 J: u% u1 M) N, g  deafening adj. to make deaf, especially momentarily by a loud noise; to make soundproof
! `1 t& ]2 h7 o0 L, D7 L1 D  deal n. agreement; business transaction; exchange; amount
. ?9 x1 S+ n2 i2 H) ?4 u: M" _  deal v. to give; to provide; to offer; to distribute; to supply; to direct; to take care; to sell; to trade
& _- ~5 T1 w8 `  dealer n. supplier; seller; merchant; agent; sales representative% G5 g/ [6 t$ f' t- C( V
  dealing n. manner of doing business; behavior; distribution; giving out
% ^; `: H) M# Z: I: E# V9 B. K) A0 @# k  debase v. to lower in character, quality, or value; degrade4 Q& a) c% |" Q7 r
  debate n. argument; dispute; discussion; conversation
- q: l* |7 A3 C+ q( A7 h  debate v. to argue; to discuss; to consider; to ponder
- w6 ^  h  b  \* a  debris n. rubble; ruins; wreckage; fragments& [% Q% @3 y9 ]8 S- {
  debt n. obligation; something owed (i.e. money)" e) A  \8 `8 I+ ]
  debut n. opening of a show; first public appearance9 t! k6 s1 S+ M( v
  debut v. to perform for the first time; to make one's premiere performance0 j( Y& d9 }1 l8 J
  decade n. ten years; group of tens
* l) J% ?( Z0 p' u& N, ~: b% B0 M/ A  deceive v. to cause to believe what is not true; mislead
* J% R" U6 _. ]" y$ `/ g  declaration n. statement; proclamation; announcement
! T) t) `  @  R+ }/ x- n$ M  declare v. to proclaim; to make a statement; to make a full statement of (one's taxable or dutiable property)
  W' I5 _" c1 L1 Q3 e& t  decline n. downward; descent; slope; ebb
/ w  v9 }- _: c6 a  decline v. to refuse; to go down; to decrease; to fall
! z; Z0 Y3 D5 b) e; q" b/ o  decorate v. to furnish, provide, or adorn with something ornamental; embellish; to confer a medal or other honor on
# L# ~# e- p  l) s  decrease n. decline; reduction; lessening
$ }1 E) o# v( r  decrease v. to reduce; to lessen; to decline
# g* S. ]' _2 E; r0 u0 |* [5 D; c  dedicate v. to devote to; to set apart for; to inscribe (a book, poem, song, story etc.) to someone( w, `: s6 {* ~1 _9 q% I+ V, n
  dedication n. devotion; inscription (in a book, poem, etc.)
5 [. Q3 ?" |1 ^5 c; H# j4 L$ p$ N3 E  deduce v. to reach (a conclusion) by reasoning; to infer from a general principle; reason deductively% ^: E9 C' }8 r& Q. F/ }! \
  deduction n. the act of deducting; subtraction; an amount that is or may be deducted; the drawing of a conclusion by reasoning2 T2 A* X. s4 N: C0 l
  defamation n. The act of defaming; calumny7 [3 x. N0 _* f9 E) r
  default n. failure to perform a duty; failure to pay on time; failure to appear in court; option on a computer which is automatically selected
# P' e! j4 j$ e6 _! B  default v. to fail to perform a duty; to fail to pay on time; to fail to appear in court! v4 l) V; j! C
  defect n. deficiency; flaw
/ h7 Z, _2 A$ X" _) x9 ]* ^( B- X4 x  defect v. to desert; to abandon; to change sides6 G% v+ v+ X+ `% M3 F; f% W2 o# {  O/ w
  defense n. protection; security; rampart; shield
+ ?; q0 B! E2 E  j  deference n. submission or courteous yielding to the opinion, wishes, or judgment of another; courteous respect7 Y% [' T4 y( s5 S
  define v. to explain; to clarify; to limit; to set boundaries
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:44 | 显示全部楼层

商业托福综合辅导(4)

definition n. explanation; meaning; interpretation (as of a word or term)/ @0 t0 l( `$ G* z  I: H
  deform v. to spoil the natural form of; misshape; to spoil the beauty or appearance of; disfigure
6 \: W# D. m6 ~) [7 V  degrade v. to reduce in grade, rank, or status; demote; to lower in dignity; dishonor or disgrace; to lower in moral or intellectual character; debase; g  C% F, d% E* D3 P) V
  degree n. rank; extent; unit of measurement of temperature and angles; academic title received after completing a program of studies at a university or college, i.e.: MBA (Master of Business Administration)0 w% q. K' h% Y, C( e8 ^
  deject v. to lower the spirits of; dishearten
  A9 v6 Z6 S% m& \  delay n. postponement; hindrance; hold-up; stopping; lingering6 F' O$ A' ?" h/ B& r
  delay v. to postpone; to hinder; to linger; to move slowly; to loiter
. W0 D9 D  f) K3 Y7 u8 Z  delegate n. representative; deputy; agent; participant of a conference, convention; seminar etc.& d9 N$ ~5 y8 Q  P8 q
  delegate v. to authorize; to appoint as representative; to pass a duty or responsibility on to someone else8 j" n7 ?4 j% I4 X) W" _4 p
  delete v. to remove totally; to erase; to eliminate
% b$ g$ N. u5 |# t' {" N! ]: ?  deliberate adj. intentional; purposeful; methodical$ z+ b9 Q4 n: A+ j" z5 Z2 C
  delicious adj. tasty; having a pleasant taste or smell
% d5 v! U. t! K( K- d  H, u. P  delineate v. to draw or trace the outline of; sketch out; to represent pictorially; depict; to depict in words or gestures; describe
* O' g4 I% B5 ?* H( J  deliver v. to convey; to give; to bring; to distribute; to express" Y/ [3 A( c& Y( A/ q2 _
  delivery n. distribution; liberation; transference0 ?/ P' M4 z0 x
  delude v. to deceive the mind or judgment of
: ^9 K0 T; h( D: x  demeanor n. behavior; conduct; bearing; appearance
6 m' D0 N% p2 i) K  demographics n. study of the statistical characteristics of a population
3 b) I* P' {" V2 N. }  f# P0 S! _5 r' d  demolish v. to destroy; to ruin; to tear down; to remove1 \3 R# I$ N+ o* ^- _
  demonstrate v. to exhibit; to present; to display emotion; to display public opinion (through a protest march, meeting or any other action); to show or illustrate something through example, or physical demonstrations
$ T1 B; o9 k  \. f+ A; P  demonstration n. exhibition; explanation; showing; display of public opinion (through a protest march, meeting or any other action); emotional display4 L# m0 F$ i" F) [, V9 g% O; d" m
  denial n. refusal to accept; refusal to believe; refusal to recognize; act of denying
6 D4 j# n" J1 O) A  denominator n. shared characteristic; common feature; number below the line in a fraction (Mathematics)* A- M+ O9 i& E2 ?7 @; A
  denounce v. to condemn openly as being evil or reprehensible; to accuse formally6 d& P  x/ U6 \7 y, v; r4 s
  dense adj. compact; having a high mass per unit volume; close
5 n& k* C# f; a2 J+ X" ^  density n. compactness; closeness" z2 W; Q( F4 }- S; P% p- r
  deny v. to say that something is not true; to refuse; to renounce/ r: Q" o: B/ v; z" o
  depart v. to leave; to go away; to go in a different direction; to die" }3 |, u1 L4 d7 J! [9 e0 N2 Q& T
  departure n. leaving; going away; opposite of arrival9 W0 C1 ]: g! i9 T* F2 C  p
  depend v. to rely on; to trust; to be dependent upon; to be supported by
' U2 y4 U) ?% ~9 k* G! }3 N1 t* p# B  dependent adj. relying on; needing (the help or support of another person); conditional; contingent% p6 Z2 @' p4 I/ s
  depict v. to describe; to illustrate; to characterize; to portray; to elucidate
' ]- D+ X' W: i# x  deplete v. to decrease the fullness of; use up or empty out
; ]) ]+ W' _8 T# a5 n5 Q  deplore v. to feel or express strong disapproval of; condemn; to express sorrow or grief over+ g% F' x9 M  I. `: E. n3 [4 y6 k
  deploy v. to be spread out or arranged strategically (of troops, etc.); to move into a position of readiness and availability
! U6 M2 |# o' O6 P, M  x* y% y  deposit n. sum of money that has been put in a bank for safekeeping; partial payment; pledge
) W- e( z% f9 o! n) \  deposit v. to put a sum of money in a bank for safekeeping; to pay in part; to set down% u% e% o: [, N7 t$ x. i
  deprivation n. a removal of rank or office; a removal of rank or office; a removal of rank or office
1 ^- y: C8 u* c5 q' }1 O1 n  deprive v. to take something away from; to keep from possessing or enjoying; deny; to remove from office
4 Z! e- \- u: d# S  deregulate v. to free from regulation, especially to remove government regulations from: m5 x" `9 D- |' N7 Y0 D, E# f3 \
  deregulation n. process of removing something from government control; transferal of ownership from government to private hands; privatization* F8 J: {4 Z& B" Q
  dereliction n. willful neglect, as of duty or principle; the act of abandoning; abandonment9 [& j0 w; h% B( l. m7 T6 Y
  deride v. to speak of or treat with contemptuous mirth
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:45 | 显示全部楼层

商业托福综合辅导(4)

derivation n. the act or process of deriving; the form or source from which something is derived; an origin; the historical origin and development of a word
5 |. x) W$ ?$ J. L- ?  descend v. to move from a higher to a lower place; come or go down; to slope, extend, or incline downward; to come down from a source; derive6 v/ B4 w" F, q; P0 v/ r- n& ]
  describe v. to depict; to illustrate; to explain; to characterize; to elucidate; to give an account of
/ A6 W  n8 ]3 ]6 Q( K" Q! `  description n. explanation; illustration; instruction9 Y5 t6 F' i+ x, J) s4 T5 M
  desert adj. of, relating to, characteristic of, or inhabiting a desert; barren and uninhabited; desolate
, m& g: A2 Y2 I0 H$ }  desert n. a barren or desolate area; an empty or forsaken place; a wasteland
2 M$ ?( ^0 \/ l4 L: v3 G* x  desert v. to leave empty or alone; abandon; to withdraw from, especially in spite of a responsibility or duty; forsake% o( X0 D! P2 d) s- d
  deserve v. to be worthy of; to have a right to. U3 K5 K, b6 T2 a8 h
  design n. plan; sketch; model; layout; structure5 E* {! [& B) K' J) q3 n
  design v. to make plans for; to formulate; to create; to conceive; to think up; to intend; to produce; to conceptualize
7 w0 y! q4 X3 i1 W  designate v. to indicate or specify; point out; to select and set aside for a duty, an office, or a purpose
3 e' K$ m$ ^+ t  E7 `( C  despiteprep. notwithstanding
+ S( d7 q# o$ _7 v  destination n. place where one is going; place where something is sent; the purpose for which something is destined# E! R/ w: W% N2 h7 m$ w5 u
  destroy v. to demolish; to ruin; to destruct; to erase) E& \; G  X  C: f( S
  destruction n. ruin; desolation; annihilation2 @' A- D, I$ E% l
  detachment n. the act or process of disconnecting or detaching; separation; the state of being separate or detached; indifference to or remoteness from the concerns of others; aloofness, U$ N5 G; H  A( ?/ I2 K; _" B% ~) s
  detail v. to list; to describe; to specify; to assign; to delegate; to enumerate
: R0 a' j9 R! G* E  detailed adj. itemized; containing details; marked by abundant detail or by thoroughness in treating small items or parts% k3 U0 d8 I. W/ }6 v7 ^
  detain v. to keep from proceeding; delay or retard; to keep in custody or temporary confinement" H. v- B, O4 L. M, k
  detect v. to discover; to discern; to find out
% z$ }% U( ^( R! a8 A1 f6 T7 L& b  detention n. the act of detaining; the state or a period of being detained0 h4 R) S: h( X
  deteriorate v. to diminish or impair in quality, character, or value; to grow worse; degenerate; to weaken or disintegrate; decay9 k8 b0 R% j- W2 ]
  determine v. to decide; to define; to settle; to conclude; to cause; to affect) m( B& [! E& H% m
  detest v. to dislike intensely; abhor
) u2 ~. T# p& K9 o- p  detrimental adj. causing damage or harm; injurious
. y% R4 M) j. _% V4 H% c  devaluation n. a reduction in the value of one currency in relation to other currencies
: X; r( k( [9 G1 K5 ]; t  devastate v. to lay waste; destroy; to overwhelm; confound; stun
1 I- L: M' ?" G! I  deviate v. to turn aside from a course or way; to depart, as from a norm, purpose, or subject; stray
+ j! Z3 d( ~/ f9 S  device n. apparatus; hardware component which can send or receive date (Computers); appliance; gadget; trick; scheme
+ e& K- s1 ^3 }' J( L  devise v. to plan; to invent; to design) b3 H7 S  e; N, P0 W1 r
  devitalize v. to diminish or destroy the strength or vitality of- N. w' w& C/ e+ c& _7 I* M$ f
  devote v. to give or apply (one's time, attention, or self) entirely to a particular activity, pursuit, cause, or person; to set apart for a specific purpose or use; to set apart by or as if by a vow or solemn act; consecrate, H- k, [  r# G; b
  dictate v. to say something aloud for someone to write down; to command; to order; to impose, M0 p4 f1 s# f
  diet n. nourishment; nutrition; food and drink; regimen; weight loss plan- J- o6 k6 T4 t# U+ ~2 P4 q) d
  diet v. to limit the amount of food eaten; to eat only certain kinds of food0 Q. j/ }3 O: [% f6 P6 I5 s: S
  diffuse v. to pour out and cause to spread freely; to spread about or scatter; disseminate; to make less brilliant; soften
9 \- V5 v; x8 b% e( @! x  digit n. one of the ten Arabic number symbols, 0 through 9; a human finger or toe
$ r% n1 u: V) W; d# |! m& T  digital adj. using numbers; with numbers; based on digits
$ L7 |, f3 v5 L% h2 B) U8 w  dignity n. respected position; honor; nobility
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:46 | 显示全部楼层

商业托福综合辅导(4)

diligent adj. ambitious; industrious; hard-working; characterized by steady, earnest, and energetic effort# a$ g5 ?  F6 |! M. c
  directory n. guidebook; library; catalog; subdivision of a disk in which files are stored (Computers); web portal site  z9 n7 ]/ I$ _; _
  disappear v. to go out of sight; to become extinct; to cease to exist; to vanish; opposite of to appear
- e) {1 n1 o4 ]$ {  disavow v. to disclaim knowledge of, responsibility for, or association with
0 g! g* j: ~* j  discard n. garbage; refuse; scrap8 v& j- q: t! U8 N/ W
  discard v. to throw away; to get rid of
7 H- D. a" m5 Y; o$ m$ E  discern v. to distinguish; to perceive; to recognize; to discriminate
& T' J( [2 P2 H# |  Q: y; a  Z  discharge n. the act of removing a load or burden; a flowing out or pouring forth; emission; secretion; something that is discharged, released, emitted, or excreted
9 S9 K4 u/ R  t  L# M  T: s3 g  discharge v. to relieve of a burden or of contents; unload; to release, as from confinement, care, or duty; to remove from office or employment
( U2 h2 p4 z2 D$ Y' Y* P  discipline n. training! \- G# b/ m; [6 z& L
  disclaim v. to deny connection with; to renounce; to repudiate; to disavow
; k" l" f- |; @/ E( F2 \  disclaimer n. statement which denies responsibility or affiliation; act of disclaiming; repudiation; renouncing of a claim; denial1 C; ]- X' k5 N! p9 w: u
  discord n. Lack of agreement among persons, groups, or things; Tension or strife resulting from a lack of agreement; dissension; An inharmonious combination of simultaneously sounded tones (Music)
' A/ A& x3 I2 ]5 m' P' r* _  discord v. to fail to agree or harmonize; clash
3 z6 j! B% q: n7 A, W0 w  discount n. price reduction; rebate; z4 B' H: X0 r5 r6 M$ ~) h! a
  discount v. to disregard; to ignore; to reduce the price of; to mark down; to give a discount
  e) ~6 s/ A. y! o; c  discourage v. to cause to lose heart; to deter; to dissuade; to show disapproval of; to derail/ A3 b: z. q0 B# Q
  discouraged adj. deprived of hope or confidence; dissuaded from) G- D/ G4 L0 F$ A; ~
  discouragement n. derailment; feeling of despair in the face of obstacles' b, A. i1 K, A! t& b& _" H' V
  discourse n. verbal expression in speech or writing; verbal exchange; conversation( f* w( a5 }. p; L0 K
  discourse v. to speak or write formally and at length; to engage in conversation or discussion; converse
5 D8 G/ E4 E: P9 e5 X* Q. `) O  discover v. to find out; to come across; to gain knowledge; to learn of something; to get information about something& j3 Q/ e  E2 B
  discredit n. loss of or damage to one's reputation; lack or loss of trust or belief; doubt; something damaging to one's reputation or stature# L! o% v3 m* n2 k* _" ?) \
  discredit v. to damage in reputation; disgrace; to cause to be doubted or distrusted; to refuse to believe) t& Y. U* {) z. A# v
  discrete adj. separate; individual; discontinuous4 i0 x7 [6 @4 @: M. m
  discretion n. caution; wisdom; careful judgment
# P) W6 B( Y+ {6 U8 `0 P! z! `' h% q  discriminate v. to make a clear distinction; distinguish; to make distinctions on the basis of class or category without regard to individual merit; show preference or prejudice
( v! i2 Z5 s: Z" b% Q, b& E  disdain n. a feeling or show of contempt and aloofness; scorn& ^* C# s. i. b' M. M0 s' Y
  disdain v. to regard or treat with haughty contempt; despise; to consider or reject as beneath oneself  H% H4 m) Y; A
  disease n. sickness; illness
' m. t( U; z; \  disembark v. to go ashore from a boat; to leave a plane or vehicle; to land
) L& C3 D4 h  h7 _8 Q  disgruntle v. to make discontented
7 I2 E, o; \( [. w% `8 h# i  disguise n. the act or an instance of disguising; clothes or accessories worn to conceal one's true identity; appearance that misrepresents the true character of something4 N; x$ v9 B* w' n
  disguise v.to modify the manner or appearance of in order to prevent recognition; to conceal or obscure by dissemblance or false show; misrepresent
0 U' W8 K/ q3 ~; C# t3 X  dislocate v. to put out of usual or proper place, position, or relationship; to throw into confusion or disorder; disrupt" P& c, J& {$ X; r
  dislodge v. to extricate; to remove; to evict; to oust; to expel
8 s5 D9 L4 y5 o2 [: J2 s  dismal adj. gloomy; cheerless; bad; depressing; sad
% J* o2 ?  y; Q/ r+ D9 b1 f, I  dismay n. a sudden or complete loss of courage in the face of trouble or danger
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:47 | 显示全部楼层

商业托福综合辅导(4)

dismay v. to destroy the courage or resolution of by exciting dread or apprehension; to cause to lose enthusiasm; disillusion
! q' i6 U3 S7 [! }7 L0 z$ l* a  dismiss v. to send away; to fire; to release; to free. b# O0 k$ A! m+ K
  disparate adj. markedly different; contrasting% x! f$ T1 }* w  M7 N( C
  dispassion n. freedom from passion, bias, or emotion; objectivity
9 S6 R  c9 u9 m% H  _9 w9 X  o  dispassionate adj. devoid of or unaffected by passion, emotion, or bias& v& `3 x, H4 v: H3 x3 S( P1 e& g
  dispatch n. sending off; shipment; message; communication; promptness
) {& t& m/ k- r, j8 t8 a! f9 ?  dispatch v. to send off quickly; to dismiss; to conclude with speed and efficiency; to eliminate+ I7 g/ ?  K7 n8 ~( Q9 M
  dispel v. to rid one's mind of; to drive away or off by or as if by scattering6 V, T, D8 }% [" i, Y
  dispense n. expenditure; pardon
* g/ B3 m! m! G9 l1 |2 p4 I  dispense v. to do without; to give up; to distribute; to give out; to hand out
$ u2 F% s* k$ @/ G' C  disperse v. to drive off or scatter in different directions; to cause to vanish or disappear; to disseminate+ I" I" G. ~: Y- \- `( }
  displace v. to move or shift from the usual place or position, especially to force to leave a homeland; to take the place of; supplant; to discharge from an office or position9 T$ o, D$ I" [. u; u
  display n. presentation; show; screen; monitor (Computers); exposure; exhibition; attractive arrangement of products
8 y2 L/ X! N$ i9 d; n  display v. to put out for others to see; to show; to exhibit; to reveal; to show in an ostentatious manner7 ^5 U. ?$ a0 F
  disposal n. getting rid of; arranging: P5 F: B+ i5 \5 [( X1 m& o
  dispose v. to control; to arrange; to put in order
9 D% k  p. a- H  ~  disposition n. tendency; character; nature; trait; arrangement; placement3 S' |$ c- w# |1 z
  dispute n. quarrel; disagreement; argument( C; b, X2 j# |" y# _, ]
  dispute v. to argue; to debate; to appeal; to contest; to oppose; to fight against( y/ N3 H8 I+ A; G0 F4 C
  disrupt v. to upset; to disturb; to divide# {5 K/ X2 g2 ?( m
  dissent n. difference of opinion or feeling; disagreement; the refusal to conform to the authority or doctrine of an established church6 @: B* T! P9 O) i( g+ Q
  dissent v. to differ in opinion or feeling; disagree; to withhold assent or approval
. {3 U8 ?, ?# ^0 L* D  dissidence n. disagreement, as of opinion or belief; dissent2 ^6 t3 ?( C# p9 x
  dissipate v. to scatter; to spread out; to be scattered3 M' `  [% k/ |" z& U8 R; \; i9 }
  dissolve v. To cause to pass into solution; To cause to disappear or vanish; dispel; To bring to an end by or as if by breaking up; terminate6 d8 V/ o2 Z6 I; ]9 _
  distinctive adj. special; unique; different. E: W3 e6 S; r. W+ c) ]" P, f. Y
  distinguish v. to mark as different; to see as different; to discern; to recognize' B& E( ~+ }4 U( r
  distort v. to twist out of a proper or natural relation of parts; misshape; to give a false or misleading account of; misrepresent; to cause to work in a twisted or disorderly manner; pervert
# d' ^) ?4 F! t5 ?  distract v. to disturb; to confuse; to worry; to divert; to amuse; to draw one's attention away; opposite of to attract# _- k" W1 j, U& w, W5 k
  distress n. anxiety or mental suffering; severe strain resulting from exhaustion or an accident; the condition of being in need of immediate assistance+ I& i# l. p+ m# _
  distress v. to cause strain, anxiety, or suffering to; to mar or otherwise treat (an object or fabric, for example) to give the appearance of an antique or of heavy prior use7 m" {0 c5 _+ x. M' Q
  distribute v. to divide and dispense in portions; to supply (goods) to retailers; to spread or diffuse over an area; scatter; to separate into categories; classify1 B5 f( [3 g7 R) g  A: F8 o
  distributor n. person, company or organization that markets a commodity, product or service; wholesaler; person who allots or dispenses9 b% @: ]8 z& `
  disturb v. to bother; to interrupt; to confuse; to worry; to cause concern; to cause disorder: q  A: \; ^6 I" d6 e3 @
  diverse adj. different; varied3 D$ m" N% z6 I5 D, p
  diversification n. process of becoming varied0 n5 W7 }* i! \
  diversify v. to make different; to invest one's assets in various securities  `  Q1 D" C' e( f4 \% ~6 a
  diversity n. variety; difference; unlikeness* _# d! o' a6 D' H  @
  divert v. to distract; to entertain; to turn in a different direction; to deflect
( x! O" k0 A0 Q$ f- ^  dividend n. a share of profits received by a stockholder or by a policyholder in a mutual insurance society; a payment pro rata to a creditor of a person adjudged bankrupt
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:48 | 显示全部楼层

商业托福综合辅导(4)

division n. act of separating into parts; partitioning; basic mathematical operation in which one number is divided by another; department; faculty; ranking; level according to difficulty; group of soldiers that form a distinct tactical unit within a squadron
" d+ ~* R7 ]1 n! h- n* t; h  document n. certificate; paper which provides information or evidence; deed; written file; data file containing the product of a user's work (Computers)3 k- ]+ k5 f- ?8 b1 }
  document v. to record for evidence; to write down; to provide with documentary evidence; to substantiate* e8 C& x  W4 U* G- o
  documentation n. collection of written records; use of written records as evidence
3 G# k6 `  o" p  domain n. a territory over which rule or control is exercised; a sphere of activity, concern, or function; a field
  V* B* {) s. B  domestic adj. pertaining to home; pertaining to family; tame (about an animal)" H7 Z" z- h2 T# x& B1 o- B" {
  domestic n. housemaid; servant; housekeeper
, K7 x  _- I+ E% o  dominant adj. exercising the most influence or control; most prominent, as in position; ascendant
; ~: ^& n& s3 ~8 J: q; H" h  dominate v. to control; to rule; to command5 p, i; h5 D2 [. S
  donate v. to give; to contribute; to grant; to bestow
2 D# R7 i$ t: T8 K6 J  donation n. gift; contribution
8 \- c4 D2 F' ?9 \0 k* F& l  dosage n. administration of a therapeutic agent in prescribed amounts; addition of an ingredient to a substance in a specific amount, especially to wine
# y8 u$ a. u* \! x9 Q' Y7 g  dotted adj. spotted; speckled; composed of a series of small dashes (about a line)
2 i; z. Z8 x* _  downcast adj. directed downward; low in spirits; depressed6 ~0 k  j$ Y$ f; k' Q2 k# t$ g
  download v. to copy files from a distant computer onto another computer through an Internet connection2 M. L; H5 }8 j$ ^
  downsize v. to reduce the size of; to make smaller; to manufacture smaller amounts; to cut the number of employees: o  ?7 B% i  P4 [- X. r
  downsizing n. act of reducing the size of; bringing something down to a smaller scale; lowering expenses; taking various measures to cut costs in order to stabilize the financial situation of a corporation (i.e. manufacturing in smaller amounts, etc.), n: M4 {/ l% u
  downstream adj. in the direction of a stream's current; closer to the point of sale than to the point of production or manufacture (Business)
' Q$ x  ?) h, k5 i5 q  downturn n. negative tendency (especially in economy or business)+ A- c5 |8 n7 f8 A+ W) ^
  downward adj. descending3 ?- `0 @+ h6 I
  downward adv. towards a lower place, position or section
) W1 _( p9 U* f9 L9 S: P! D; h& \' m  draft n. rough outline; sketch; check; written order for payment; conscription; calling up for army service; current of air% r, |5 I8 p  b& G% d& d
  draft v. to make an outline; to draw up in written form; to conscript; to recruit for military service; to force or persuade to do some task; to draw out and separate
; w3 L! i& L; W- `0 [' x  drastic adj. extreme; intense; severe
  I: R; P2 W* v  drastically adv. (b) intensely; in an extreme manner; severely
# H5 U" u* o0 a$ Y! t' Z; K2 P% E  draw v. to attract; to pull; to pull out; to sketch; to depict with lines; to describe with words; to move towards; to suck in; to conclude; to drain; to stretch out; to pick randomly; to be given randomly; to shrink by contraction; to disembowel
1 H. l+ G4 b. z  Z  drawback n. a disadvantage or inconvenience; a refund or remittance, such as a discount on duties or taxes for goods destined for reexport9 n3 n5 w: Z/ P6 f/ p
  dress code n. formally or socially imposed standards of dress, especially in a company; the way employees of a company are dressed at work# y7 e3 }/ {( ?7 w; j) [
  drill n. tool for drilling holes; practice; training; furrow; seeding machine; row of seeds in a furrow% C! a( v' ]8 P4 B( r7 r/ N
  drill v. to bore a hole; to practice; to train; to sow seeds in rows  ?, z" k2 z4 g, w# E
  drop n. small globule of liquid; drip; very small amount; pendant; piece of candy; lozenge; act of dropping supplies from a plane; sudden descent; fall& ^8 p; ]% j5 u
  duplicate adj. double; identical; matching
' v# f# j* x: ^  duplicate n. copy; photocopy; exact replica; reproduction0 ?! e( b4 \; N- x
  duplicate v. to copy; to replicate; to photocopy
2 [* @2 W+ S5 U% q: c6 O/ d0 e! B7 I  durable adj. sturdy; long lasting5 @" [" q& k3 i6 q6 I
  duration n. period of time that something continues3 @8 b' R3 J& }! c  `1 m
  duress n. intimidation; constraint; pressure; coercion( h0 Y' W2 j7 {1 V% a
  dweller n. a person who inhabits a particular place
. O$ r$ i; z1 T0 W1 h  g2 p( [; m" P  dynamic adj. forceful; energetic; vigorous; spirited; alive
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-27 03:02 , Processed in 0.577496 second(s), 31 queries .