立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 177|回复: 5

[综合辅导] 商业托福综合辅导(3)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  C.C. abbr. secondary email address; copy of a document, message, or email that is sent to a third party7 e$ R$ |9 {1 Y1 m8 j) X" D
  C.C.O.abbr. person who is responsible for ensuring that a company and its employees are in compliance with government regulations and internal policies8 W, K+ _1 Q4 \) t* x
  C.E.O.abbr. head manager of a corporation, company or large organization2 ?2 i4 V' b) i0 a/ |/ S9 F6 o- Y
  C.F.O.abbr. treasurer; person who is responsible for all financial aspects of a company9 s$ k5 @" W- d( T
  C.O.D.abbr. cash payment to be made upon receipt of products or goods
# Y7 A* h$ r* m9 G7 v3 }. f9 i  C.O.O. abbr. head manager of a company or large organization2 d  o3 B3 p2 z+ K, ^5 H2 b6 U9 X1 N
  C.S.O. abbr. top executive rank; person who is responsible for the security of a company's communications and business systems3 M  l" Y2 `: ]+ u: X
  C.T.O.abbr. top executive rank; person who is responsible for research and development and possibly for new product plans( }" ]8 |4 J# U
  C.V.abbr. resume; chronological description of one's employment and educational history; biography' s& t2 X1 Q* {% ]
  cab n. taxi; carriage; driver's compartment; extension for compressed files that are used by Microsoft Windows installation (set-up) programs# B- H  d3 H# {# a
  cabinet n. small room; piece of office furniture; office; group of ministers; part of a government' |" r9 a& ]8 @0 A; \
  calculate v. to estimate; to compute (to add, to subtract, to divide etc.); to depend upon8 @$ s( [. \( @  J$ h! T) m
  calculator n. small machine that makes computations
, k1 l9 |+ ?, j  calendar n. chart showing the months of a year (including days and weeks); schedule; timetable
4 t3 M( _8 N0 A# _2 o( {  calendar v. to write down in a timetable; to register2 Z6 f* l3 n. H8 }( K1 B- s
  campaign n. series of activities organized to accomplish a goal such as in an advertising campaign
3 X. D5 \( Y2 i5 n- P4 `! E! W  campaign v. to conduct a series of activities organized to accomplish a goal
/ V# e/ ~3 W2 v! [& n" ^  cancel v. to call off; to repeal; to revoke; to annul; to terminate; to stop
  G( f9 J7 B& U" f* ~  cancellation n. nullification; termination; revocation
( s1 s1 P5 Q$ W! T1 u  candid adj. honest; straightforward; open; frank! X& ~; F, n2 {" J
  candidate n. applicant; nominee; examinee7 K5 b) b; t( u1 {8 q9 n* b
  canvass n. examination; careful inspection; debate
2 r7 P: H7 E; Y& V& b5 O  canvass v. to examine; to debate; to scrutinize; to solicit votes or opinions4 v% `+ _; h& }1 c
  capability n. ability; skill; trait; characteristic; quality; feature% s" x6 \# F3 P" ?2 P
  capable adj. skilled; able; proficient; adept
" k9 T) t9 P! m+ t3 b% Q7 P  capacity n. volume which can be contained or received; function; role; feature; potential" a. |: t6 ]+ V; v3 N' A; F! d
  capital adj. main; major; chief; principal
. e" y% N8 e. T; e* H8 i  capital n. property; financial means; assets; property; main city of a country of region (city where national or regional government is located, i.e.: London is the capital of the UK)
" s+ Z' X8 ]9 B0 w7 u  capitalization n. process of turning money into profit
9 n/ @- ^/ c6 q  capitalize v. to turn into money; to turn profit; to finance; to provide with capital; to write a word in capital (big) letters! ~' ]# p+ I& ~/ `5 y/ t; V  \1 h
  capsize v. to overturn or cause to overturn
' t7 I* B$ ?6 _) V! |3 T0 F  capture v. to copy; to photograph; to snapshot% H. T7 F6 Y3 }& m
  career n. profession; development; progress; gradual growth* h& q  ]/ V# q1 |7 @# u
  cargo n. freight; luggage; baggage; load2 z$ o/ e. i$ @, b4 S5 P) x
  carpenter n. a person who makes things out of wood such as furniture5 L. m, w. Y9 D. k) m* C$ N' N: t
  carpet n. rug; fabric floor covering
+ t! r& q9 l5 F- k) C  carpet v. to cover or to furnish with textile materials; to reprimand; to scold0 Z3 C2 A7 h4 _. q
  carriage n. coach; buggy; railroad car; transportation; manner of carrying oneself
3 q/ c7 V  U; H) ]" x& K  carrier n. person or company that ships things; aircraft carrier; shipping company; truck
! B* _6 Z$ a- {: z1 b  carry out v. to put into practice; to accomplish; to perform; to conduct
  u! ]9 M$ V' Y3 O0 P! r9 p  carry v. to transport; to continue; to bear
" D1 ]# R$ ^* O, C2 Y: N8 y  cart n. car; wagon; coach; carriage; trolley+ h! I  P6 ~" a5 Q  B
  cart v. to drag or to carry by force; to carry or to convey in a cart- i; g# Y) H' G$ \+ {
  case n. occasion; instance; situation; matter; container; bag
( y. d( j+ x  w/ c- s  cash n. money in the form of coins and bank notes) a2 s) L2 ~: c8 |$ j  s# F# O
  cash reserves n. bank deposits that are available on a short-term basis; treasury bills
' V5 t, j! v+ h) X2 d& x9 T  cash v. to exchange a check (or another money order) for coins and bank notes; to redeem4 G+ L2 F$ a  P. I% q8 s8 r# i9 R
  cast n. throw; team of actors; squint (of the eye)
% ~4 K9 r% d+ I1 C8 @" @  cast v. to throw; to project; to form; to shape; to mold; to choose actors, singers or entertainers (for a play, movie, show, music project, etc.)& W7 m2 D- _/ f. M! T
  catalog n. itemized list (the items on the list are usually described); index; directory2 W3 u5 _( M; `9 o3 b
  catalog v. to make an itemized list; to index; to classify! y5 P) N* S6 Y2 A+ s; B. ]. x
  categorize v. to arrange in groups; to classify; to sort; to structure
1 Z4 Z) p. X0 O9 H& T  category n. class; division; section; segment
( ]( K. b- [( n# O  cater v. to provide; to supply (food, etc.); to care for
- `% E% S/ s/ h/ `4 }7 R+ F& Q  catering n. business of supplying and servicing food (at parties and other events); company that offers food and beverage delivery
$ x  i! s( O3 n4 l) j# p  caution n. notice; warning; caveat; carefulness; premonition9 p& g% W, }1 ?  E5 S0 P& Q
  caution v. to warn; to notify of danger3 Y% Z2 A& Y: f, ?" A
  cautious adj. careful; wary; suspicious
& [5 D  K) Q4 J1 s- |! ^  caveat n. caution; warning; admonition; suspension of proceedings (law)& ~4 L  N) C& R" j  ^9 O
  cement n. concrete; mortar; bonding agent; filling (for teeth)' A+ G8 A0 t! h9 S% z* I
  cement v. to reinforce; to bind together; to strengthen a connection% K6 @; R5 Y# s8 N) F
  ceremony n. rite; ritual; formality
* [, R8 l/ @3 ?! j# T( q2 |  certificate n. official document; license; reference; attestation
% D9 ~& R3 _( f! {, h6 q  certificate v. to confirm; to license; to authorize
& J; d3 Y, M7 B* |8 p4 T  certify v. to confirm to be true; to authorize# G% K3 w) I6 Q8 d4 q5 Q, K
  cessation n. a bringing or coming to an end; a ceasing
4 j: z9 }- M2 a6 V* [' Q  chain n. group of stores, outlets, banks etc., under one management; series of metal rings which are linked together" H' c% ^/ N9 f9 A. f6 T7 p
  chain v. to tie down
/ f+ U1 a1 j6 x* O& O  challenge n. difficult situation; invitation to engage in a contest; something which tests one's ability to handle difficult tasks
% w  Z+ \& \) r' X  challenge v. to dare; to invite to engage in a contest; to stimulate; to test one's ability
4 B/ n1 K3 G2 d, c' l; |: o  changeable adj. arbitrary; fickle; flexible$ y, U  S& k& r; t* E
  character n. nature; disposition; attitude; figure; person; statement of qualities, features and abilities; letter of symbol (in Asian languages)
( M! d* @5 S9 ^# Q( L4 x  characteristic adj. typical; distinctive  A9 `8 Y. ~. R  w0 B6 w/ U+ |9 b
  characteristic n. trait; feature; ability; distinguishing quality; attribute1 ?9 k! F- r9 l0 O0 ^8 _
  characterize v. to describe; to depict; to portray; to outline! T# a7 W9 S6 [. P. I
  charge n. price; cargo; responsibility
/ l7 C2 R& M3 ^5 G# H  charge v. to entrust; to order; to command; to accuse; to fill with energy; to supply with power (i.e. a battery, accumulator, cell etc.)- T8 O( M- q: ]$ O! u
  chart n. graph; diagram
  H* ]8 S# M" u  chart v. to make a graph; to draw; to diagram! ?" a7 X7 J( _( @
  check n. examination; money order; payment order; pausing; stopping; restaurant bill
5 Q1 G7 S7 v% y9 J# D8 H  chef n. professional cook; head cook in a restaurant of hotel( \; D" R9 J4 k* P4 o% I* B$ N5 s
  cheque n. written order directing a bank to pay a specific amount of money4 u' i1 j" C- u# ^
  chew v. to bite and grind with the teeth; masticate; to meditate on; ponder
- O( F0 a) v3 ?! n8 s  chop n. cut of meat; seal; trademark; blow of an axe
# R6 {0 z5 i; X# q# Z- }$ M  chop v. to cut; to cut down; to cut into pieces; to mince7 o- N3 ]3 ]/ ?( Y; @+ l+ C
  chore n. routine job; unpleasant task$ B& y( V( m1 F6 P
  circle n. ring-shaped geometric figure; round figure; group; society
2 [$ x5 Q1 X7 f6 t  circle v. to surround  circulate v. to move in or flow through a circle or circuit; to move around, as from person to person or place to place; to spread widely among persons or places  N6 X+ E; U$ R8 Y. x. P( w- L
  circumspect adj. careful; cautious
$ ]7 m3 G) Y. r6 Y% S  circumstance n. condition; influencing factor; situation+ i! t) u$ G; p8 R" R2 \
  circumstance v. to place in particular situations" X2 ?. @) _% R& R2 S6 c: W
  circumvent v. to by-pass; to side-step; to evade- c" M& `& ^2 k, H! Z. c( H4 x
  citation n. quotation; official praise; summons to a court of law
$ [3 o" m' X" ~. O  cite v. to quote as an authority or example; to mention or bring forward as support, illustration, or proof
6 w& q4 A) M& j5 L( U  citizen n. resident; native of a country; person who lives in a city or town; person who is not a soldier; civilian
4 C# l% p  w+ ~  citizenship n. right to live in a country; condition of being a member of a country$ m! Y2 a3 `7 T- @% {- [, B  D
  civic adj. pertaining to a city; pertaining to citizenship3 s; t5 H. d) _: }! z! s: F
  claim v. to demand, ask for, or take as one's own or one's due; to take in a violent manner as if by right; to state to be true, especially when open to question; assert or maintain; To deserve or call for; require
& n4 V6 b" E; ?3 f* V  claim n. lawsuit; request; right, ?" \2 l. I3 k. o4 A( A
  clarify v. to make clear; to explain
5 x$ n* C3 s& C( f! j  classify v. to arrange systematically; to structure; to group; to sort; to make confidential
2 b2 t: _! {+ ~  clause n. paragraph; section in a document; part of a contract
" s$ B7 Y6 B0 Z. D) p. g  clearance n. release; approval; washing
3 V; O! \) j2 t) s  clearly adv. obviously; apparently; unmistakably! e0 T3 k. l: A8 R5 Q" u
  clerk n. minor office worker; book-keeper; bureaucrat
: E1 |! W* Q9 k& Y5 S  clerk v. to work as an employee (i.e. in the legal or bank business)
* U7 n" `7 Z' K' c1 i- F8 c8 E  client n. customer; buyer; computer that serves as a terminal  s0 Q. K  x, o
  clientele n. the clients of a professional person or practice considered as a group; a body of customers or patrons
; J7 |2 |7 Z, R( ?8 {7 o* x1 W  climate n. weather conditions; surrounding conditions; atmosphere; setting
' F) P9 l( e) h  clip n. clamp; fastener; shred; sharp blow; sharp strike; short film; segment of video; selecting part of a graphic document for the purpose of editing (Computers)8 g9 Y  i& c- }" Z: Z+ A4 e' c
  clip v. to cut off; to curtail; to cut short; to leave out (a letter or letters) from a word; to trim off1 F8 g  Z; Z9 S0 m+ D
  clipping n. article cut from a newspaper; piece which has been cut off or clipped out
! n* F2 j# F% b) L5 f6 Z  clock n. timepiece; device for telling time0 Q8 @1 h, U( h2 x# v
  close adj. near; adjacent; careful; secretive; stingy; dense; compact; crowded; oppressive; intimate
" T1 `. U* Q' \8 Q* K% @' s4 U3 z  coach n. trainer; tutor; teacher; bus; railroad car; horse pulled carriage) m" h+ `6 Y! }; T  A
  coach v. to train; to teach; to instruct; to direct; to guide; to counsel; to consult; to advise
; }4 \: N* U2 p$ U) Q5 s) O  coal n. fuel made from carbon; cinder; ember
1 s! \* w* U/ v2 e  coalition n. alliance; union; voluntary joining together; agreement made between two or more parties to work together toward a common goal1 w; U& A$ g* S& ^7 }( P' S9 ]
  code n. cipher; string of commands in a programming language (Computers); collection of instructions of the law; the codex and rules) V7 I0 n/ `1 j. y8 R# f) r, t
  code v. to cipher
! h, s! Q( w: d; x; U" }# Z4 J  cogent adj. appealing to the intellect or powers of reasoning; convincing
3 ?- z. v% p8 b' k6 L8 K# j' o  cognition n. awareness; perception& ^$ f/ F! n3 z" `/ L! M: U
  coherent adj. sticking together; consistent
% R) F% `; X3 q# Y  cohesive adj. sticking together; forming a unit or union; united; related to each other
6 [5 Q* N8 `! Z! \  M) U+ P# c# ?  coin n. metal money; piece of stamped metal currency (as opposed to paper bills)& p7 t3 p  N5 \7 x4 E# n% E
  coincide v. to occupy the same relative position or the same area in space; to happen at the same time or during the same period; to correspond exactly; be identical; to agree exactly, as in opinion; concur
& Z/ O9 W8 K* H  Y# Z3 F3 T  coincidence n. chance occurrence; unforeseen event; occurrence of two or more events at the same time; condition of occupying the same place at the same time
6 c* Z# n3 }" E5 U1 y  collaborate v. to work together; to cooperate
6 K7 V+ z6 P0 z2 Y  collaboration n. working together; cooperation. X% d( r1 Q/ n
  collapse v. to fall down or inward suddenly; cave in; to break down suddenly in strength or health and thereby cease to function
6 W9 G( r) A( n- H" p  collate v. to compare in a critical manner; to verify; to gather; to sort; to collect; to assemble; to compile2 |7 K: ^6 F. \& v& i! j
  collateral adj. of secondary importance; insignificant; corresponding) B- K  Q7 Y& S
  collateral n. security deposit
4 x2 S" Q' ^) q7 z' |$ U  colleague n. fellow worker; co-worker5 ^/ Q9 t) O2 ^4 R
  collectible adj. payable; subject to or requiring payment especially as specified
6 o' K) a; r8 J# _  w3 a3 ~; v7 v  collectible n. rare object
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:44 | 显示全部楼层

商业托福综合辅导(3)

collection n. group of objects that are related to each other; selection; choice; assortment; accumulation
9 K' K/ F% T9 E# R  m: M  collide v. to crash; to meet head on; to come together with solid or direct impact7 T9 u" J0 ~4 g6 Q
  colloquial adj. conversational; not used in formal speaking or writing; informal. J  ]$ W# j( V; c3 O0 r% P
  collusion n. A secret agreement between two or more parties for a fraudulent, illegal, or deceitful purpose
, B% S6 s' d, U& d' N" o% }3 K  combination n. joining; union; an ordered sequence, Y) E8 t+ N, q; V& l
  combine n. harvesting machine
& y0 u5 S8 }, f2 @2 Y: ~  combine v. to unite; to join; to come together; to become one
  ^7 N# v! W4 W0 E+ |7 V+ M7 V  come across v. to happen upon; to find by chance; to discover; to see' @; d! L0 I- d
  come along v. to accompany someone; to forward; to appear; to advance; to proceed; to succeed
5 U2 |! t2 A6 Y# _  comfort n. relief; consolation; coziness0 ]7 j$ j* d  _8 ?& P* w
  comfort v. to bring relief; to encourage; to console
; P$ b+ t7 p- ^" p. {% m. N5 i' P  comfortable adj. easy; relaxing; cozy; financially well to do8 Q8 N5 e8 n9 R8 [6 s
  comforting adj. consoling; encouraging; reassuring; brining relief; heartening- h# Y9 e  n; }( U  Z
  command n. order; direction; control; domination; headquarters5 W- M* Y: q0 F+ J4 b
  command v. to rule; to control; to be in charge; to be in authority; to demand
0 p* C- I1 }; S9 X7 D. L' h* s  commemorate v. to honor the memory of with a ceremony; to serve as a memorial to
7 |3 d3 I+ G& P) V1 p6 O- \2 K1 e  commensurate v. of the same size, extent, or duration as another; corresponding in size or degree; proportionate
# N% D- Z# |( ~, |/ o2 D  comment n. remark; note; statement; explanation; explanatory note; response; reaction
3 @4 l+ ?) u# ?9 g* z$ J/ C; a5 o  comment v. to make a remark; to explain; to write an explanatory note
7 S; V/ y5 V2 Z  K  commentary n. series of remarks; explanation (often written in essay or book form)1 X/ L  B+ A5 M6 V, q8 K
  commerce n. trade; business; transactions; exchange of products/services and money
5 @$ G2 p3 o8 `6 \2 _  commercial adj. pertaining to business; pertaining to buying and selling' ^! s+ Y$ \0 b: S# o, w
  commercial n. television or radio advertisement1 }) d7 i* {6 p4 E1 V& U& F
  commission n. percentage of profits earned by a salesperson; document that grants certain powers; authorization; group of people with authority" ?1 z, I) d( D# k2 [
  commission v. to contract; to order; to empower; to authorize; to confer; to rank
7 q6 {% Y& M8 D! k+ E+ H  commit v. to perform; to do; to engage; to execute; to offer; to pledge (one's loyalty, etc.); to be obliged; to give; to entrust/ ]* I' G% S5 G5 Y2 P
  commitment n. obligation; promise
2 n+ y2 v' f& V6 n& g  committed adj. obligated; engaged; industrious; ambitious; loyal* H- I% l! @9 Q( F6 G
  committee n. a group of people officially delegated to perform a function, such as investigating, considering, reporting, or acting on a matter
/ \9 j1 r4 \0 K, V% N3 v1 y  commodity n. merchandise; goods; item that is bought and sold; something useful! I; p  O9 Y6 L4 y8 Z
  commotion n. a condition of turbulent motion; an agitated disturbance
/ n( x6 P* s! W4 I3 M  communication n. exchange of information or ideas; transfer; passing along; letter; message
( c0 R) ^: {% r9 Z+ Y- z  commute v. to exchange; to replace; to convert; to travel back and forth regularly (i.e. to work)2 u& [9 P) D: `) }
  commuter n. person who travels back and forth between home and work
2 h, r4 x' A2 V( s, p4 H* J7 _  comparable adj. admitting of comparison with another or others; similar or equivalent- Z6 a1 n( t% ^. j
  comparatively adv. relatively; t' Y3 P& m; q) {: C7 s5 \% h4 i' ^
  compare v. to show how (people or things) are alike or different; to consider to be similar; k; L3 B* S, J7 P+ a1 w3 k
  comparison n. pointing out of similarities and differences; similarity; likeness
4 n$ ^$ p! A& c4 y  compartment n. one of the parts or spaces into which an area is subdivided; a separate room, section, or chamber
3 k& f. s' `( {* l4 V7 R  compartmentalize v. to separate into sections; to partition
) L1 x, d0 }" }8 G% |  compatible adj. capable of existing together in harmony; congruous; able to be used with other machines without alternation; able to be used on or with other computers without being changed7 c. |7 D4 }9 Z# |0 @
  compatible n. piece of equipment which can be used with other machines without alternation; device which can be used on or with other Computers without being changed
0 T* \- ^6 W1 m3 [/ W  compel v. to force; to coerce; to influence; to impose; to demand
: t* E6 U* Z+ G  compendium n. a short, complete summary; an abstract; a list or collection of various items1 Y5 f& D: w! P  c  J2 s- m
  compensate v. to reward; to reimburse; to pay back; to make up for
% z% l0 l- t( y  compensation n. repayment; something done to make up for (a loss, deficiency or fault)
: o6 s& }+ B) C; m! h2 L  g7 _. l  compete v. to contest; to contend against another; to participate in a contest
; l5 Q8 u; A8 ^  competent adj. adept; capable; fit; suitably skilled; well qualified; experienced
6 a) g* y' g5 @" B# [$ i% Y$ Q" q  competition n. rivalry; contest; act of competing against another
5 o. i8 L9 B2 U. Q. I& i  competitive adj. involving rivalry; tending to contest
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:45 | 显示全部楼层

商业托福综合辅导(3)

competitor n. rival; companies that have the same target markets are competitors (i.e. Coca Cola and Pepsi); person who participates in a contest3 @2 ?: ^' u: w* P9 l  l
  compile v. to gather into a single book; to put together or compose from materials gathered from several sources
! B# {  T& c1 N: c! y! u1 j2 Z! Z  complacent adj. content; self-satisfied; comfortable; smug8 O" A( I- ]0 e/ z
  complain v. to find fault; to express displeasure; to protest% R. i, \4 {: G9 N" ~
  complaint n. finding fault; act of expressing displeasure; pleading entered by a plaintiff (Law)
5 U( t( x9 p- z" X# G  complete v. to make whole; to finish; to perfect( I, J3 f: `, F; V' o, W
  completion n. finishing; finalizing1 I* K# n: Y* ~' u' r7 s3 @
  compliant adj. obedient; submissive; obliging; yielding; acquiescent0 I* {# q7 n5 n$ D) y& [
  complicate v. to confuse; to make hard to understand; to make difficult; to make complex
3 [  o' b5 _# C8 X) V# |4 X7 O  complicated adj. confusing; hard to understand; difficult; complex
4 m. A0 L' S* \  compliment n. expression of admiration; word of praise for someone  W) I6 `3 b* T2 _5 i1 J% h
  comply v. to submit; to consent; to obey; to agree with
/ b" @# {! j* |* Z8 X( v1 n  component n. ingredient; single piece which forms part of a larger unit; part; constituent; element
. T/ S2 P1 x( |) E* t3 M6 X1 n  compose v. to create; to write; to arrange; to relax; to calm oneself; to settle  Y( P5 W. m1 S5 n7 X0 h
  composition n. make-up; constitution; something which has been composed; essay; T! X6 `% D* L6 _) L& L, e# R
  composure n. serenity; self-control; calmness; coolness
2 ]4 O7 {% `/ `  comprehend v. to understand; to contain; to grasp; to absorb; to perceive2 c: E+ _' P- r! U
  comprehensive adj. including a lot; large in scope; extensive9 |9 \# e, D# c. I! G4 m9 W* z8 W
  comprise v. to include; to contain; to consist
( F/ Z. y8 r1 O5 k1 o* i" s9 ?  compromise n. agreement; settling of a disagreement by making mutual concessions, j: |+ C- t1 t6 s- p
  compromise v. to establish an agreement; to settle a dispute; to settle a disagreement by making mutual concessions
( S$ y7 S. A- }  `4 g  compulsory adj. obligatory; required
: M: ?2 E# G& m) m$ ?  compunction n. a strong uneasiness caused by a sense of guilt; a sting of conscience or a pang of doubt aroused by wrongdoing or the prospect of wrongdoing1 z. e4 o1 B8 o8 t6 k% w0 b# Y
  compute v. to calculate; to figure; to estimate7 o. _3 L" n% g# C
  conceal v. to hide; to keep secret; to cover up
4 z( E- V. Z8 z  conceive v. to understand; to comprehend; to grasp7 t, \$ W0 h* G& v' q$ K. u
  concentrate v. to focus; to pay attention; to collect (energy, power, etc.) in one place or on one issue; to make stronger or more intense, w# b7 S% t5 P
  concept n. plan; idea; thought; structure; system  T( n* n! Z+ m( n0 a; ~7 e
  conceptualize v. to plan; to design; to imagine; to conceive; to envision; to visualize5 `4 B) r* T" b; R5 W1 q) t( d6 v
  concern n. worry; issue; problem; interest; question; group of companies; large corporation9 `; {" ?: N2 A/ y+ N6 i$ f$ S# ?! L
  concern v. to involve; to affect; to worry; to interest; to relate to5 O; U1 V" I( K& a5 z' |1 n+ U
  concerningprep. about  y- G: `( G* x0 U" ], B' a, e- l2 o
  conclude v. to finish; to infer; to deduce; to make a decision, m& o3 B( d% t8 E( K0 u9 ]
  conclusion adj. end; deduction; cognition; final decision2 i$ @/ {0 h/ C7 j. j
  conclusive adj. serving to put an end to doubt, question, or uncertainty; decisive
/ L& [7 h5 Z4 g5 h  concoct v. to invent; to create; to contrive; to think up
! n. Z  u( E$ H5 `  concrete adj. tangible; real; substantial; solid
+ K# ^  ^" P( l. e0 I  concrete n. cement; something tangible (idea, object, etc.)2 R* v) z7 j* Y5 N: N% |. ]/ s) v2 J
  concrete v. to solidify
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:46 | 显示全部楼层

商业托福综合辅导(3)

concur v. to agree; to harmonize; to coincide; to collaborate; to consent* z" e. k0 U" u
  condense v. to reduce the volume or compass of; to make more concise; abridge or shorten
# x$ _& H" l( i7 x8 F& R  conditional adj. imposing, depending on, or containing a condition, h* W4 T$ y/ c  p3 G+ d! A
  condolence n. sympathy with a person who has experienced pain, grief, or misfortune
- \. e) c; w* f3 y6 m% H1 a6 f  condone v. to overlook, forgive, or disregard (an offense) without protest or censure
' c. @1 z4 W( \  conduct n. behavior; management
) s4 r- s0 s, K. e  conduct v. to behave; to manage; to transfer; to carry out; to transmit; to ensemble
" ~. ?2 x  X- F2 V  confer v. to bestow (an honor, for example); to invest with (a characteristic, for example)+ R# N( ]2 {& \
  confess v. to disclose (something damaging or inconvenient to oneself); admit; to acknowledge belief or faith in; profess
) v$ e/ N+ Q5 M% {1 u" d  confidence n. trust; certainty; faith in oneself; secret
  U; i% U; N$ H2 H" z& P  t  confident adj. certain; sure of oneself; composed
" |% N. u$ S- Y* a* a  confidential adj. classified; secret; strictly private
+ f9 K& h9 N, g0 x  confirm v. to approve; to verify; to ascertain
" U$ A! O% i/ D7 m! n1 l! j  confirmation n. formal approval; proof; verification; religious ceremony% }, o9 m7 H. D4 T# \0 X6 h
  conform v. to correspond in form or character; be similar; to act or be in accord or agreement; comply; to act in accordance with current customs or modes7 M! \; s( v. r2 f
  confront v. to come face to face with, especially with defiance or hostility; to bring face to face with; to come up against; encounter
- }: A3 D0 W" X# ?6 q0 b5 r  confuse v. to embarrass; to mix up; to muddle up; to bewilder; to startle
. [2 z' v5 [7 H4 S0 Y  confusion n. disorder; embarrassment; bewilderment
; H, S( I/ _$ |" Q, w6 _  congenial adj. having the same tastes, habits, or temperament; sympathetic; of a pleasant disposition; friendly and sociable; suited to one's needs or nature; agreeable" u. v8 y, i6 F9 j) c9 C2 U0 Y) t, T
  congest v. to overfill or overcrowd
  ?% \) |/ \& N5 i! a  congregate adj. gathered; assembled; involving a group& D* ~: l' ^  ?! Q; z: k: Q
  congregate v. to bring or come together in a group, crowd, or assembly
& p- ~, ?/ W2 g& {3 G  congruent adj. identical; corresponding; in agreement; harmonious
6 ]4 O$ m: v, u0 F  conjunction n. connection; link; uniting; joining
. G7 b# Q0 F8 m6 [; L$ L: {0 G* T  conjure v. to appeal; to summon; to invoke; to implore
0 d3 b# d( g$ X& D% X' C0 G  connote v. to imply; to suggest; to hint
+ B- R+ ~* n& I4 o# l! ?1 j  conscientious adj. careful; wanting to do what is right
5 e% C) ^0 f) {1 b# H! A$ t5 x0 H0 Z' V  conscientiously adv. dutifully; with care; thoroughly5 s( T' ]5 u% q/ p! }1 k, _0 R
  conscious adj. aware; awake; attentive
4 S9 u7 M! N) E4 q; c  consciously adv. knowingly; with awareness
9 @  V! m7 I. n  i  consciousness n. awareness; cognition; ability to perceive
8 [- y% H' c- c' ?6 ~4 j  consecutive adj. sequential; following one after another
# L, q0 X7 X' {/ E  consensus n. an opinion or position reached by a group as a whole; general agreement or accord4 V) `% n" k) [+ X
  consequently adv. as a result; therefore( b% a; ^2 @* C5 R' ]" g+ z$ S
  conservative adj. resisting change; desiring to preserve traditions; cautious# ^+ U0 p3 c$ f$ j& }: V, L
  conservative n. person who is resistant to change; cautious person; person who favors traditional political parties
4 \! A, w8 ?6 h3 `7 V6 j  conserve v. to protect; to guard from harm
. \' l  m; v5 |+ T  consider v. to think over; to think carefully about something; to believe; to regard; to take into account
( O. K7 o7 _' |9 y% d  considerable adj. large in amount, extent, or degree; worthy of consideration; significant2 u) I1 z1 J$ p
  consideration n. payment; thoughtfulness; respectfulness; careful attention
% w  B0 b9 Z/ ~9 v  consideringprep. taking into account; in light of
: T4 F% |4 v0 Q( M7 s( K1 o  consign v. to give over to the care of another; entrust; to turn over permanently to another's charge or to a lasting condition; commit irrevocably; to deliver (merchandise, for example) for custody or sale
  C- d. Q4 T1 J% n6 {/ h  consignment n. delivery; dispatch; conveyance
0 ?5 K$ [4 a3 K& K  consist v. to be composed of; to be made up of# L" X- d5 V0 Z3 N. Z% v
  consistency n. material coherence; firmness; persistence; steadfastness2 s1 W& w$ I) G$ X7 n
  consistent adj. coherent; steadfast; firm' }8 s. ^+ A1 g7 O  C# H
  consortium n. partnership; association
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:47 | 显示全部楼层

商业托福综合辅导(3)

conspicuous adj. easy to notice; obvious; attracting attention, as by being unusual or remarkable; noticeable% a* y: B2 {5 ~, l: B
  constant adj. continuous; firm; faithful; persistent; unbending; adamant+ l5 H* k# a4 ~  t6 Y4 H; J
  consternation n. a state of paralyzing dismay
, f5 T8 Y# V8 Q' {  constipation n. difficult, incomplete, or infrequent evacuation of dry hardened feces from the bowels; obstruction; stultification
; ?( F2 R6 c9 K0 j. Z: @  constrain v. to compel; to force; to reinforce; to oblige; to coerce; to emphasis; to stress
1 V$ T+ J, ^5 T  constraint n. restriction; force; limitation; limit; e4 S* k$ p  m% Y% w! q1 M
  construct v. to form by assembling or combining parts; build; to create (an argument or a sentence, for example) by systematically arranging ideas or terms
4 i0 {' L( c( v8 p8 q. l: f9 g  construction n. building; structure; the industry of erecting buildings; word combination; A+ G2 Q! k$ d/ H
  construe v. to interpret; to see; to perceive
1 I- w7 q; i) S3 A4 W' h/ V5 v  consultancy n. advisership1 w/ t9 ]" a5 D9 q! D  ~5 @
  consultant n. advisor (adviser); counselor; coach; person who gives professional advice% y4 G* I# Y0 R# d/ Q% Z
  consume v. to eat or drink; to use up; to destroy) ]& Q. }2 k5 {# H* R4 V4 B
  consumer n. buyer; client
+ a- F- i; y* f! A  consumption n. using up0 e8 R! r# K6 P3 M* N
  contact n. link; connection; touch; interface- G4 x- ?+ o$ [" {- L7 |
  contact v. to establish communication; to make a connection; to link to; to connect with
! Q* I: B6 Y4 c* V9 R" f  contain v. to include; to hold back; to restrain; to keep under control) k1 i7 [9 ^/ Q" J4 k' ^0 e
  contemporary adj. modern; current1 _. |3 p( |6 G( K8 A
  contemporary n. person living at about the same time as another person
! i/ }7 p5 G' s  content adj. satisfied; pleased
) ?( q5 N4 U6 R5 j, ?5 w  content n. substance; component; all that is inside of something; w& B5 r3 h# g+ l$ {# c3 M
  content v. to satisfy; to please; to meet a request  d' _/ e! }  N% ~, [6 C. {' @( l
  contest n. competition9 B. L! C9 [: w" o
  contest v. to fight for; to challenge; to appeal
9 ?, @' d$ ?' z* N! M; J  context n. connection; text (words, sentences and phrases) that surround a word or sentence; overall situation; background; situation
0 I' d  _. n9 U$ M: J  y! N  continue v. to go on; to keep doing something; to last; to perpetuate
' H2 l; C; I* U1 H2 v  continuity n. stability; consistency; continuousness; unbroken succession
  ~* U$ g. z8 E: t  continuous adj. successive; uninterrupted; permanent! @, O8 u9 s& ?) E& r
  contractor n. person or company that does a particular job or assignment
* q6 |6 G: ?6 F  contrary adj. opposed
7 q9 S! f* k: l  contrary adv. in opposition; against; counter+ b  V% n0 c9 X
  contrary n. something which is opposite  [8 M8 G: x) a3 `7 N4 t
  contrive v. to devise; to invent; to dream up; to design (often in a negative way)
! c6 {4 ?* l6 e+ o1 E/ z# Q  M; S8 N) |  convenience n. comfort; freedom from discomfort; fitness or suitability for performing an action or fulfilling a requirement$ |2 H  n! G6 V) y4 k$ J$ s, H
  convenient adj. comfortable; useful; serviceable4 o: |7 e/ c7 r/ b% E  G0 I. |
  convention n. conference; routine; custom; treaty
  @# A# _. |" j/ p0 i  conventional adj. customary; routine; formal8 c1 e) k# Z2 @) U
  converge v. to meet; to assemble to gather; to get together
4 }' s% o# c0 m' I! w# e1 o  conversant adj. well-versed; proficient; skilled: ?. J4 U3 U' Y' y' l
  conversation n. talk; dialogue; discussion; verbal   convey v. to carry; to transport; to impart or to communicate by statement, suggestion, gesture or appearance( W" }2 x. ^6 I- a& L: n1 {
  conveyance n. the act of transferring a property title from one person to another" }, ~& e" X2 u- e8 h
  conviction n. acknowledgement; strong persuasion or belief; condemnation2 w1 w, I+ J8 U7 Q% ?6 f+ |% D
  convince v. to persuade; to influence; to prove  h" Q' i6 R+ u6 h* ~
  cooperation n. collaboration; working together
7 @# n" }4 v0 N5 w7 f; J  coordinate adj. equal; equivalent; of equal rank or authority3 i2 V+ `8 T' q/ b( |
  coordinate n. reference point; geographical location
/ E. ^: T4 A2 u$ r! f9 Y  coordinate v. to arrange in proper order& c) a: p& P3 K, D3 p
  cordially adv. in a friendly manner; warmly
! _* _0 A, D6 O$ A+ C. d  corp. abbr. large company; firm; business
/ `5 k+ z- W' o8 h- {& L1 W: m) ~% r( L  corporate adj. common; shared; collective
' x  y' p9 m2 H0 ~( ^, q  correlate v. to put or bring into causal, complementary, parallel, or reciprocal relation; to establish or demonstrate as having a correlation$ E* S* {3 B$ i- V+ {: b
  correlation n. mutual connection (between two or more things); similarity; parallel) ?8 A( K3 `) E4 s: [  p% Q) C( N
  corrupt adj. spoiled; immoral; dishonest; perverted* Q. \9 N+ S& b( F( j8 u
  corrupt v. to cause to be dishonest; to pervert; to spoil
4 \" ]* [) f, m! @3 f9 C9 j5 ?" G, k$ k  corruption n. dishonesty; immorality; decay; irregularity; unlawfulness; illegality5 X* Q3 m& V+ P0 q4 y* L
  costly adj. of high price or value; expensive; entailing loss or sacrifice( F% h# |# N/ F3 @  m
  council n. assembly; board; group of people (gathered to advise, plan, etc.); ~1 i) I/ }3 d0 H* @0 I& j
  counsel n. advice; person who gives advice; attorney; lawyer
* P$ z2 D  K( l& L7 r% `  counsel v. to advise; to instruct; to coach; to advocate
9 {; M* d: G9 t1 m  counter adv. against; in contrast to
. S4 H: U" V3 T8 x6 v$ B  counter n. bar; long flat; surface (in a restaurant, kitchen, etc.); counting device
& Q+ S: k; C4 z/ I& q  counterprep. against; opposed7 L: H; _- j1 z# R; v% b
  counter v. to oppose; to retaliate; to react; to strike back
, P( Z5 |0 {8 I+ m6 p- |  counterbalance n. equal weight or power acting in opposition1 N# O' r( m+ x- v/ J( b7 w7 M" `
  counterbalance v. to act against; to oppose (with an equal weight, force etc.)! n' u7 ~) |( y# X1 H# e
  coupon n. printed form that entitles the holder to certain rights such as in a discount/ \1 I" b0 `9 {1 w
  courier n. messenger; person who carries a message or goes an errand; company that delivers messages, documents, parcels, etc.' A2 E$ |/ i0 M  s6 r5 P
  court n. yard; law court; formal reception; are where basketball or tennis is played8 s9 s$ v6 g" W" q' V) o0 v
  court v. to seek to please; to flatter; to seek to gain the affections of someone
4 f6 w9 l* }6 ^& g! _  courteously adv. politely; respectfully; graciously
5 r) V2 Q9 B/ n0 {- q5 N0 ]  courtesy n. politeness; good manners; cordiality; civility1 |7 G& G: U+ s6 K/ t4 a6 s# C" E
  coverage n. survey; review; news reporting; insurance& y  _0 V: L2 k( @5 z- L
  crack v. to break or snap apart; to make a sharp snapping sound; to break without complete separation of parts; fissure6 z, f5 D8 K, b
  craft n. trade; skill; skillfulness (in doing or creating); occupation; boat; plane5 H! s8 {! l, h2 X9 h
  craft v. to shape with skill
8 a4 |% C( x$ X( H5 R  crafted adj. produced; made; manufactured* |- V1 z8 Z' ~$ \
  crave v. to have an intense desire for; to need urgently; require; to beg earnestly for; implore+ f: z* x+ b$ p7 [
  create v. to produce; to design; to make; to manufacture1 r& u# e! ]9 m! U$ K+ M
  creative adj. inventive; innovative; artistic) B; o* {. U# u& @5 O  ]3 [" z
  creativity n. innovativeness; inventiveness; ability to create
( Q, V- K$ R" q0 m. r  credible adj. reliable; trustworthy; dependable
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:48 | 显示全部楼层

商业托福综合辅导(3)

credit n. money (in a bank account), money (from a bank or other source); trust; confidence; importance; respect; points earned (through study)
  o" D5 C5 m( G! B  credit risk n. the prospect that a bond issuer will fail to make required debt payments. T7 x: Y. K0 }! O  l6 p
  credit v. to believe; to have faith in; to accept; to bring honor or recognition to; to supply goods by deferred payment; to give credit to( t# c  U9 W% [8 Z
  creditor n. person or organization that lends something; lender; loaner; moneylender
6 Z' H  Y5 i9 e0 `  creep v. to move with the body close to the ground, as on hands and knees; to move stealthily or cautiously; to move or proceed very slowly. U8 y. j- u! N9 K$ v1 g* E
  crew n. group of people working together; team
( e" `; L9 o) f1 M1 E6 u  criterion n. standard against which something is measured; factor; discipline/ Y1 c' ?, l2 a5 V, B
  critic n. one who forms and expresses judgments of the merits, faults, value, or truth of a matter; one who specializes especially professionally in the evaluation and appreciation of literary or artistic works
/ d- A. Z/ W- L+ C* {  critical adj. judgmental; important; crucial; vital
1 h; B8 S# ?" b2 k/ ]- L/ D  criticism n. the act of criticizing, especially adversely; a critical comment or judgment; the practice of analyzing, classifying, interpreting, or evaluating literary or other artistic works
/ \( Q+ Q3 u) `; k7 \* z! h7 R1 k  criticize v. to disapprove; to censure; to find fault
  N# \6 }% N  Z0 x  critique n. a critical review or commentary, especially one dealing with works of art or literature; a critical discussion of a specified topic; the art of criticism
1 l; B& a, S9 g4 E; o  crop n. harvest; produce (Agriculture); group; whip; short haircut# R% o; S3 \' D6 O  |
  crop v. to harvest; to cut short; to clip
1 b: Z2 |5 j0 o0 N; R; k  crowd n. public; large group of people; gathering; large number of objects grouped together
' r$ e( }' m8 k4 H: N5 B2 }  crowd v. to gather together; to group together; to press in
' X6 n0 ]/ x$ p  crowded adj. full; packed; crammed together
: o6 b0 y* w4 t+ k  crucial adj. very important; critical; decisive; vital. ~! H) n4 P6 A- Z& Y" o; @* o' c6 A5 E
  cruise n. traveling on a ship; sea voyage; sailing0 v3 J# X/ f: d- H- p
  cruise v. to sail; to move at a moderate speed; to travel; to coast; to drive along slowly
3 k- \  T/ |8 k* V+ v  crux n. heart of the matter; main point# G$ R8 m: |! c& C* I
  cuisine n. style of cooking; national food& _9 T  E& Q% z8 O2 u' u
  culminate v. to reach the highest point or degree; climax; to come to completion; end9 R! s4 y9 w% _. ~2 L, {1 q
  curb v. to check, restrain, or control as if with a curb; rein in
% ^% G2 H0 x2 w" |- f+ s  cure n. method or course that restores health; prescribed treatment for an illness( e- [0 T; x/ H$ t+ ~+ L0 W
  cure v. to restore to health; to make well; to correct a bad habit; to preserve food+ s0 |/ _# o1 i( s" N5 Y& W
  curfew n. a regulation requiring certain or all people to leave the streets or be at home at a prescribed hour; the time at which such a restriction begins or is in effect
  e9 S; I. F4 m" N  curious adj. inquisitive; desiring to know and understand; odd; strange; rare9 a: c/ D7 O4 o, f2 I
  currency n. national money of a country; circulation; custom; prevalence
: `9 F) w0 ]5 q% s3 y  current adj. recent; common; prevalent; present; popular5 J# Y  l. h9 m7 j
  current n. flow (of water, electricity, etc.); process; tendency; direction
0 U  J" i' B4 P' @2 H  c. h  curt adj. brief; blunt; rude& G3 G( P/ O" n4 [, |6 r. R5 @
  curtly adv. briefly; bluntly; rudely
+ k# Z& u  S& @  cushion n. pillow; soft padded object' N) ]: f! C0 _; O. X7 b# j
  cushion v. to reduce; to protect; to soften; to upholster
9 V# B+ o6 e9 M7 |, o  custom n. habit; tradition; convention
+ T6 T0 p' U# m. n  customer n. client; buyer; person who buys a product or service: I/ h2 T* ?' f# T7 V( }
  customize v. to make or to fit according to individual needs or desires; to personalize; to individualize
1 {& T5 R/ b9 @0 m' m2 v6 m  customs n. place where goods and baggage are examined on entering a country; government department responsible for collecting taxes on imports7 }. I1 w9 ?% e3 P
  cutback n. reduction; curtailing; decrease
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-2 12:14 , Processed in 0.325900 second(s), 31 queries .