立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 98|回复: 0

[综合辅导] 托业考试综合辅导 (5)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
earmark n. an identifying feature or characteristic; an identifying mark on the ear of a domestic animal
; N; _: W3 u* g' [9 Pearmark v. to reserve or set aside for a particular purpose; to mark in an identifying or distinctive way8 Z0 e/ u: |4 ^7 r
earnings n. money gained; salary; wages; revenue; profit; income, Z3 L- w7 e, e% f; N/ R
ebullient adj. zestfully enthusiastic; boiling or seeming to boil; bubbling( K1 i+ R; q9 X& }" k5 R8 v; V, O7 U
economize v. to save; to cut back; to be thrifty; to be frugal
2 v. g7 c1 W: ^7 Ueconomy n. management of resources (i.e. money, goods, etc.); thrift; careful spending; the structure of economic life in a country, area, or period7 \* z( D2 U' c0 x  R0 |. r. J* L( g
edible adj. fit to be eaten
" J# M$ n3 q" S+ I) h) R, o' X5 j2 @edible n. something fit to be eaten; food/ O0 k2 M8 o' D$ m% S
effect n. result; outcome; influence; impact; gimmick; trick; natural phenomenon
, N' A' s2 A5 l- [  Neffect v. to accomplish; to put into action; to execute; to do
) L% [" }6 X9 e0 deffective adj. productive; efficient; in operation; impressive; striking4 f2 W3 d4 N% }; c2 b
efficient adj. effective; done without waste (of time, resources, etc.)
( x# y3 K5 ^+ U) x' G$ Heffluent adj. flowing out or forth  ~& M$ j9 g0 K
effluent n. something that flows out or forth9 t/ O8 j, N! c
effort n. physical or mental exertion; labor; attempt; something accomplished through hard word; organized operation4 M5 @6 a6 L9 [( e/ B
effusive adj. overflowing; unreserved; unrestrained; exuberant/ n* b1 R* E/ Y' w( x+ K! \
eject v. to throw out forcefully; expel; to compel to leave
5 o6 Z# ~1 w# ?- xelaborate adj. detailed; complicated; carefully planned; worked out in great detail
; h9 d, S2 Q) z6 s5 q7 j1 F7 Telaborate v. to provide additional details; to plan carefully and with great detail; to produce; to develop
8 _% u" o* Z4 e/ x# \) Lelaboration n. painstaking labor; careful planning; adding of extra details; act of improving; production( K7 `0 n- G& N1 k
elect v. to choose; to vote for; to prefer; to decide1 d) W/ T1 u/ j
election n. choosing; time when people vote for a political candidate, L  R# B: I/ A4 C( P1 E4 J: {
electrician n. person who installs or maintains wiring systems
$ I4 h3 G' y/ b9 q9 D) S' @3 selementary adj. basic; fundamental
' g+ r: t" r: velevation n. height of something; altitude above sea or ground level; raising; lifting up; grandeur
& e7 @& b0 D+ G) p6 s% c* Eelevator n. lift; mechanical apparatus for moving people or items from floor to floor within a building
+ F1 t2 g4 v* @; y& g4 ^7 Eelicit v. to extract from; to bring out; to draw out. e, R$ X- F9 F3 i, e% l
eligible adj. suitable; worthy of; qualified; entitled to; allowed
4 e2 ^' |& J0 Aeliminate v. to remove; to get rid of9 E/ C# Z7 ], e7 b
elucidate v. to explain; to clarify; to describe; to depict. V9 Z3 b# [) U4 D% F1 M
elude v. to avoid; to escape; to shrink0 \7 j* Q  O- V; ~& x! `
elusive adj. tending to elude capture, perception, comprehension, or memory; difficult to define or describe
* f, ^  l0 m7 N, Fembark v. to go on board a ship; to put on board a ship; to begin; to become involved in an enterprise
6 f5 |9 x; K% U: e6 e3 iembrace n. hug; act of wrapping one's arms around another person or thing
2 k+ m! A9 `- |, a/ cembrace v. to accept; to use; to include; to surround; to belief; to attempt to sway the opinion of a judge or jury through bribery or threats; to hug; to hold tight
: K. p- ]6 }+ M3 i( kemend v. to improve by critical editing
' m3 Z8 v" k" q$ Demerge v. to appear; to come out; to be revealed. j! @3 h1 m7 M  l, u* b8 F$ O
emergency adj. in the event of sudden need
) J3 n7 g1 G9 t  A* _1 D- a9 oemergency n. sudden need demanding immediate action
. k* d* c; x  ?8 X: B" c8 eemit v. to give or send out (matter or energy); to voice; express; to issue with authority, especially to put (currency) into circulation
) y) A7 Y' U  V# m& s# K* L& dempathy n. entering into the feelings of another; sympathy; vicarious emotion; understanding
& d+ z  x0 g) @( {9 ]7 N' Femphasis n. importance that is attached to something; accent or stress that is placed on a word or words
# ^* C# G: I- y( X2 ?8 c) femphasize v. to stress; to show the importance of
% I( h# A. F2 F& ]6 N+ m; cemulate v. to imitate; to try to equal or excel; to take after; to copy
+ y5 |& Z. f2 ~* ]& Lenact v. to make into law; to act (something) out, as on a stage) S# _, p* y+ g( p7 K# k( G! b
enclose v. to surround; to confine; to close in; to place an additional document or letter within another
* H4 r& V$ Z5 j& ]+ t( }enclosure n. confinement; additional document or letter placed within another* H( [- x- Y! d0 e1 F, l0 A) S% E
encounter v. to meet by chance; to face; to meet with (difficulties, hardships, etc.)
) l! N% ^3 C5 \$ s% z$ Hencourage v. to support; to inspire; to give hope* I' Z3 ]+ N: R. D1 d+ ?; i7 j
encroach v. to advance beyond proper limits; to infringe6 [8 G& V/ ^) y. `: `

8 c, t8 }( |0 ?endorse v. to write one's signature on the back of (a check, for example) as evidence of the legal transfer of its ownership, especially in return for the cash or credit indicated on its face; to place (one's signature), as on a contract, to indicate approval of its contents or terms; to acknowledge (receipt of payment) by signing a bill, draft, or other instrument; to give approval of or support to, especially by public statement; sanction
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-5 14:24 , Processed in 0.122952 second(s), 21 queries .