立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 61|回复: 0

[综合辅导] 托业考试综合辅导资料(11)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
magnificent adj. splendid; majestic; superb; glorious; impressive* f; B4 r6 B7 b# h, ]* ~
maintain v. to keep in existence; to keep in good condition; to preserve; to support; to provide for; to affirm; to declare; to assert; to insist4 Q! G# I4 S* b6 x" O
maintenance n. upkeep; repairs; livelihood; means of support
( D3 @8 H+ c+ L; N% E/ umajority n. greater number or part; number greater than half of the total
: [, q/ ?8 x0 ?5 ?2 i8 u3 xmalevolence n. the quality or state of being malevolent; malicious behavior
) h6 Y2 @* x" M# J7 ]7 g! m9 o1 Dmalevolent adj. having or exhibiting ill will; wishing harm to others; malicious; having an evil or harmful influence. Y, k5 V& C  q- O8 _$ X
malfunction n. failure to function; faulty or abnormal functioning$ q# P0 m1 D6 Q6 o1 b
malfunction v. to fail to function; to function improperly
- {# p4 Z  J" [& m" |mall n. shopping center; variety of stores and businesses housed within a series of connected buildings or within a single building; pedestrian walkway; promenade
' y" Q! Y+ Q3 y& amaltreat v. to treat in a rough or cruel way; abuse
" `7 i( e  E$ }" S: ymanagerial adj. relating to supervision and responsibility' e! H- F* c4 g" i
mandate n. command; order; authorization granted from one body to a subordinate body* O( x6 _/ S1 u
mandate v. to grant a country the right to administer a territory; to issue a command; to make an official order
, w# j- e3 Q) Q6 f* _0 Mmandatory adj. required or commanded by authority; obligatory; of, having the nature of, or containing a mandate; holding a League of Nations mandate over a territory
9 x2 H4 M5 C. K. lmanifest adj. clearly apparent to the sight or understanding; obvious+ d% J+ L0 a" ~
manifest n. a list of cargo or passengers carried on a ship or plane; an invoice of goods carried on a truck or train; a list of railroad cars according to owner and location
. k8 Q3 Z5 v4 emanifest v. to show or demonstrate plainly; reveal; to be evidence of; prove
/ Y. ]: F7 Y9 s1 I6 v% G8 imanifold adj. many and varied; of many kinds; multiple; having many features or forms
! J5 F# H* k' V3 F# @4 ]% {manifold n. a whole composed of diverse elements; one of several copies
, ^9 ^9 `; J8 w! P7 E4 Omanifold v. to make several copies of, as with carbon paper; to make manifold; multiply
2 c0 H) C, |. {+ xmanual adj. physical; done using human skill or force
6 C8 |7 q- t9 t# x- j6 M/ Smanual n. instructional booklet; handbook! R3 f7 P% L" I$ B( s
manually adv. by hand; physically2 `" i, R2 k/ c* ^6 s$ e. g3 r4 m1 ~
manufacture n. product made by hand or by machine
, D9 T9 ?, M0 v+ P+ j  P7 b* c+ dmanufacture v. to make by machine; to produce; to crate; to make; to fabricate; to invent
* O1 X. E& Y- H: @! @: t) Y4 Zmargin n. profit from the difference between costs and net sales
! @, n0 r9 a' x5 v: Smargin v. to set apart an additional amount of space or money for security* h7 E4 A: I% V1 _
maternal adj. motherly; related through a mother; relating to or characteristic of a mother or motherhood* b! p7 K1 b* x
maximum adj. greatest; most; utmost; highest; e0 I  g3 x/ G" @; C6 i
maximum n. greatest quantity or amount possible; highest capacity; most possible; height; peak; limit# I& n  C% t8 ~8 q, T
mayor n. elected official acting as executive head of a town or city+ g! `- n5 E2 ^* {* |
meaning n. definition; significance; intention; explanation
# A/ z/ u7 @  I/ J. e. wmeans n. method; way; medium; resources; funds# A/ M( Z- |  E2 V  P# f5 l6 S6 W
measurable adj. estimable; determinable; assessable$ m9 }# R2 {1 Q8 u1 q
measure n. action; step; unit of size or capacity; criterion; amount; degree; extent; meter8 u- c4 `" R! J. f! o
measure v. to weigh; to gauge; to quantify; to assess; to evaluate; to estimate; to allocate
& {# ~' i1 k& A( J1 o+ Gmeasurement n. calculation of size or extent; assessment of capacity or dimension
3 F$ M  r! ?" k/ p( {; |# P0 m2 P0 O1 tmeddle v. to intrude into other people's affairs or business; interfere; to handle something idly or ignorantly; tamper
1 N5 B1 T: {6 A: k6 s( N( smediocre adj. regular; ordinary; neither; good nor bad; low-grade; poor
. z  M0 v/ A& V, Tmeditation n. the act or process of meditating; a devotional exercise of or leading to contemplation
2 ~* q' G: G+ p: y2 m* d/ K  n* xmeditate v. to reflect on; contemplate; to plan in the mind; intend0 a, m6 N7 P% Q7 q/ k
medium n. means by which something is accomplished; means of expression; channel of communication; middle man; intermediary; broker9 x8 a# S2 X- G3 Z5 f1 R$ f# v
membership n. state of belonging to an organization or group; fellowship
9 Y: c) n& v4 w! ?8 v& o& lmemo n. reminder; internal document
' m7 P4 ~( C7 T0 hmental adj. of or relating to the mind; intellectual; psychological
. a7 n' V: ^/ j0 H; [' [mentor n. adviser; counselor; person who guides and teaches; spiritual instructor9 C" p6 n6 T* X3 i% Y) }7 S
merchandise n. goods; ware; stock; articles or items to be sold
7 j0 q+ G. U0 Z2 x- mmerchandise v. to trade; to plan for and promote for sales of; to market goods
5 c- y3 N/ D2 X) N& Z8 E0 S$ P; g" a) C
merge v. to blend; to be blended; to combine or unite into a single body; to be assimilated
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-8 11:57 , Processed in 0.182613 second(s), 21 queries .