立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 121|回复: 0

[综合辅导] 托业考试综合辅导资料(19)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
ultimate adj. being last in a series, process, or progression; fundamental; elemental; eventual
/ f( ~. S; ~& Y8 Z" M4 cultimately adv. in the end; eventually
0 o% ]9 R3 y6 L+ O3 Lunanimous adj. sharing the same opinions or views; being in complete harmony or accord; based on or characterized by complete assent or agreement5 _- x1 p  H% O- z" y& a/ j
unauthorized adj. unlicensed; forbidden; unlawful
5 B' d* s( Z; d, W. L# o" Xunbiased adj. impartial; equitable1 H: p, Q: }0 A$ s' ?
uncertainty n. doubtfulness
) v# @, t4 e$ C  qunconventional adj. not standard; not ordinary
( D# G# r+ a+ r8 N; bundercut v. to offer at lower prices than the competition; to cut off the under part; to slice the ball from underneath (Golf, Tennis); to weaken; to undermine
' l8 L; O2 o( P3 C. K1 s1 f+ runderestimate v. to assign too low a value to6 o, x) w0 Q/ [# g2 w: h
underlie v. to be located under or below; to be the support or basis of; account for; to constitute a prior financial claim over* M" U% I% ^. }. E
underline n. caption beneath an illustration: F! @# ]' v8 b& k3 H
underline v. to emphasize1 b+ S1 C3 w( x; ]- j, a. p/ {
undermine v.to weaken by wearing away a base or foundation; to weaken, injure, or impair, often by degrees or imperceptibly; sap;! y" N. l- ^5 k6 y. N
understatement n. representing something less strongly than what the facts would justify; statement expressing something in a restrained manner! B; l( y* E8 i  H
underway adj. having begun a journey (especially of a sea vessel); initiated; in progress; under construction0 J* A) {  U! t- a. T
unfair adj. biased; dishonest
. U3 y1 V4 h/ ]" e2 [) hunforeseen adj. not anticipated; not expected/ N# }1 @6 b0 D) j
unfortunately adv. regrettably" O! p7 F# S) @9 _: L: M
uniform adj. always the same, as in character or degree; unvarying; conforming to one principle, standard, or rule; consistent; being the same as or consonant with another or others
  b' E, m: I. o) Z. ^6 S( Quniform n. a distinctive outfit intended to identify those who wear it as members of a specific group" J. }0 P/ P5 s( u8 o1 I& F$ e
unify v. to join; to cause to become one& ^0 v/ ]7 ?0 I! v/ R# n, E
union n. workers' association; federation; amalgamation; marriage; reproductive coupling; device which fits two pieces together
5 t0 ~- W& C0 k" y/ qunique adj. singular; matchless; rare: A4 B6 e7 X$ {2 ^7 `! W: A
uniqueness n. singularity; individuality; incomparability
: k5 o" C4 }1 U. e% ], r9 ]4 zunit n. specific quantity regarded as a standard; combination which acts a whole; piece; furniture; device; apparatus' X2 Y$ j3 ?! o* I9 p+ E' u4 ~
unlessconj. not before; precluding; barring; except; aside from. m( h" G$ ?: S+ \& Q6 D. G
unlimited adj. infinite; boundless
. ^4 y& ?' M) A! Uunlock v. to open; to free from restraints; to release
( S0 h' W; }2 b$ H) S( a! munnecessary adj. excessive; redundant; superfluous' k7 u% q0 t) @" ]( B, O
unsanitary adj. not healthful; not clean3 b. ~# m) P* M1 I1 `
unsatisfactory adj. inadequate; disappointing; not good enough
& _. Y: r+ Z$ [! u0 u: [$ Funveil v. to reveal; to uncover; to disclose& e" s0 R8 j' Z3 c
upcoming adj. about to happen; imminent
0 S0 O4 P- J2 C8 d' U& j% iupgrade n. update; installation of a newer version of a program or the replacing of a system component with a newer component (Computers); hill; acclivity( _+ @' k! O* }' Y
upgrade v. to improve; to raise the quality of; to exchange something for another of better quality
; w& U" m0 \; \8 b2 uupholstery n. materials that are used to cushion and cover furniture (i.e. fabric, lining, padding, etc.); process of cushioning and covering furniture- k" I+ x5 p. f& P: |
upwards adv. to a higher level; more than; higher than
  D- h- J" C2 _  |( nurban adj. pertaining to or characteristic of a city; living in a city; municipal
% f$ y! T: |& u0 xurbanize v. to change from rural to urban; to make into a city; to impart urban characteristics
- r$ a5 k8 q( i% X4 h1 a$ d* }urge v. to force or drive forward or onward; impel; to entreat earnestly and often repeatedly; exhort; to advocate earnestly the doing, consideration, or approval of; press for; to move or impel to action, effort, or speed; spur5 m1 j9 O5 g6 k' |% c0 x9 D& G
urgent adj. pressing; compelling; immediate; prompt5 ~+ @0 w7 C7 R4 U8 P% b
utilization n. employment; use of; putting to practical use
( A0 N; p; z1 u) r4 K% `- wutilize v. to put to practical use; to take advantage of4 V+ K9 |+ i! a9 o" X
utmost adj. being or situated at the most distant limit or point; farthest; of the highest or greatest degree, amount, or intensity; most extreme
; f$ t/ A( h" U4 f+ v8 b% N! f: J  cutmost n. the greatest possible amount, degree, or extent; the maximum
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 21:20 , Processed in 0.249933 second(s), 21 queries .