立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 120|回复: 0

[综合辅导] 托业考试综合辅导资料(20)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
vacancy n. emptiness; available space; room; available position; job opening$ d9 G3 o2 E, G* }; ]) b/ ~
vacant adj. empty; unfilled; unoccupied; not in us e; lacking expression; not claimed (e.g. an inheritance)! b" i7 ]/ s! e# H& S/ k
vacate v. to cease to occupy or hold; give up; to empty of occupants or incumbents
& @. d8 A4 K0 \$ w$ fvacation n. holiday; fixed time in which public establishments (government offices, schools, etc.) and regular businesses cease their regular activities; period of time away from work devoted to rest and relaxation; act of vacating4 `; H' W6 a8 g3 b; `
vacation v. to go on holiday  X$ P) S  T5 p( Z8 N( f5 p
vaccinate v. to render unsusceptible to a disease by inoculating
* U4 }) H8 ]+ `& l% m0 V/ ~0 xvaccination n. act or instance of rendering unsusceptible to disease by inoculating- ]* s4 t, S# U3 q9 b5 {6 e6 S9 Y
vaccine n. a preparation of a weakened or killed pathogen; a preparation from the cowpox virus that protects against smallpox( R# |2 k" c7 J
vacillate v. to sway to and fro; to fluctuate; to hesitate; to waver5 K( @; H$ |* t
valid adj. legitimate; legally acceptable; not expired; based; logical; well-founded. r1 [" k; m: Y5 Z( g4 {
validate v. to confirm; to sanction; to legalize
) W: c1 P: Y7 [& ~valuable adj. of great worth; costly; cherished; dear; important
% T, B3 m- a- B& M& z+ I- K! ]valuable n. something of great worth
' f8 c# O8 S1 y2 j5 x0 }6 nvan n. large closed vehicle used for transporting goods or people; railroad car (British)& i3 |% ]3 B! w- [" I$ q
variation n. degree of diversity; change; modified version (as of a musical piece); deviation' @8 _* \$ H* @- _4 s& r
variety n. assortment; kind; sort3 l# X8 s3 [- q  t# H
various adj. assorted; different; individual; several, G" f7 V4 B& k; {5 U
vary v. to change something; to alter; to change; to fluctuate; to give variety to
, a0 R+ T6 v# p9 }1 L# I( |  }vast adj. large; enormous; huge; K# p2 n$ S3 F5 C* a% A: ?# t  ?
vegetarian n. one who does not eat meat; herbivore
8 Y. `. P& X( X; B" V+ ?vehement adj. characterized by forcefulness of expression or intensity of emotion or conviction; fervid; marked by or full of vigor or energy; strong& {1 {# l+ H4 B0 k$ V  N8 J
vehicle n. means of transport (car, bus, etc.); instrument; means; medium: R) I  X* @9 i& n
veil n. length of cloth worn by women as a face covering; netting attached to a woman's hat; something which hides or conceals (such as a curtain); nun's headdress; vow's of a nun; membrane which covers an immature mushroom# p% Z$ ^4 Y4 A0 j
veil v. to cover; to hide/ M9 |) Y9 d; y& i0 j- G5 K
vending machine n. automated device used for selling items
4 d, B4 K( N- H3 f" g9 P8 U) qvendor n. salesman; supplier; equipment salesman (for example in the field of computers, etc.); automatic machine for selling goods
/ q, K- u# L0 I9 ^; s' s% H$ y+ ?venture n. risky undertaking; enterprise whose results are not certain; business undertaking which promises to bring great profit but involves a good deal of risk; amount invested or wagered: G% p# [2 F1 z$ V8 q4 W3 l, P7 ^/ Q
venture v. to take a risk in order to achieve a goal; to dare to express something (even in the face of possible opposition); to chance investing money in a risky but possibly lucrative business venture. y* |9 M' R$ @
veracity n. truthfulness; something that is a truth
- d2 ?! I5 i( \# D; E; ?; cverdict n. the finding of a jury in a trial; an expressed conclusion; a judgment or opinion/ w: d( ]0 E" [. |* r
verify v. to confirm the truth of something; to ascertain the truth of something (as by investigation); to witness or swear to the truth of something (Law): m- j+ E' B  l6 I  w
versatile adj. fulfilling many functions; multi-purpose; skilled to do many things; changeable7 h; v+ k/ s% \9 G! c
version n. particular form of something; variant; rendering; translation
" y6 V% p( v5 V9 `8 uvessel n. large craft made for navigation on water; boat; ship; container; receptacle (especially for holding liquids); tubular duct through which bodily fluids flow (e.g. blood vessel)- ~4 v9 z$ \# W7 Y) D8 V
viable adj. capable of living; having a reasonable chance of succeeding; practical; having the ability to survive outside the uterus (of a fetus)
: x& @& Y( o1 zvicinity n. the state of being near in space or relationship; proximity; a nearby, surrounding, or adjoining region; a neighborhood; an approximate degree or amount) `- w' l* ~3 ^' s
victim n. person who falls prey (to an attack, deception, etc.)' k, }. {7 F! G* T- t
viewpoint n. attitude; stance; opinion0 p, E/ R# [7 ]  ]+ V3 u1 f( r/ r0 H
vigor n. physical or mental strength, energy, or force; strong feeling; enthusiasm or intensity/ x* {5 u  P# K6 U9 G0 ?
vilify v. to slander; to defame
4 |& N, e% J3 @1 ~violation n. transgression; desecration; attack or disruption; rape+ M" U& P! a: l  K9 A

3 r( C( U! h1 K/ o7 _) m4 s' Cvirtual adj. being such in power or effect though not formally recognized; imaginary; hypothetical; computer simulated
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-3 20:24 , Processed in 0.165516 second(s), 21 queries .