立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 64|回复: 0

[综合辅导] 托业TOEFL句子结构20句

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  1. Typical of the grassland dwellers of the continent is the American antelope, or pronghorn., f- d9 x& f# @3 S% C0 ]
  2. Of the millions who saw Haley‘s comet in 1986, how many people will live long enough to see it return in the twenty-first century.
2 t: L3 A1 F8 ^, c8 R  3. Anthropologists have discovered that fear, happiness, sadness, and surprise are universally reflected in facial expressions.5 y4 j. w% m/ G$ f8 a! K
  4. Because of its irritating effect on humans, the use of phenol as a general antiseptic has been largely discontinued.. A$ i- a4 o+ ^6 o% ~& X1 |/ N
  5. Insgroupsto remain in existence, a profit-making organization must, in the long run, produce something consumers consider useful or desirable.
3 u' O  G- e0 D! p; c7 J  6. The greater the population there is in a locality, the greater the need there is for water, transportation, and disposal of refuse.
& e( H8 \9 d; W0 `  7. It is more difficult to write simply, directly, and effectively than to employ flowery but vague expressions that only obscure one‘s meaning.
0 c/ i% J4 x2 @  8. With modern offices becoming more mechanized, designers are attempting to personalize them with warmer, less severe interiors.6 f% N, K% w7 |9 n" ^
  9. The difference between libel and slander is that libel is printed while slander is spoken.1 U7 D8 y7 T% k% F% k) f" n
  10. The knee is the jointswheresthe thigh bone meets the large bone of the lower leg.  C& }2 g0 x% W- h
  11. Acids are chemical compounds that, in water solution, have a sharp taste, a corrosive action on metals, and the ability to turn certain blue vegetable dyes red.
% D4 i4 J  T( E  12. Billie Holiday‘s reputation as a great jazz-blues singer rests on her ability to give emotional depth to her songs.
8 @$ |( b9 k6 l$ l7 S/ R  13. Essentially, a theory is an abstract, symbolic representation of what is conceived to be reality.
# x2 r. ^: v# r" u& o2 \  14. Long before children are able to speak or understand a language, they communicate through facial expressions and by making noises.
8 ]; A8 G5 }7 b4 x: o  15. Thanks to modern irrigation, crops now grow abundantly in areasswheresonce nothing but cacti and sagebrush could live.4 z! x( D% {2 E! s% g. \
  16. The development of mechanical timepieces spurred the search for more accurate sundials with which to regulate them.
3 p/ X# y6 x0 w+ b# E; M/ v  17. Anthropology is a science in that anthropologists use a rigorous set of methods and techniques to document observations that can be checked by others.1 }* g! ~- J1 D4 T: z* `2 i. i
  18. Fungi are important in the process of decay, which returns ingredients to the soil, enhances soil fertility, and decomposes animal debris.
8 r# Y2 F9 j0 N' N/ J6 d  19. When it is struck, a tuning fork produces an almost pure tone, retaining its pitch over a long period of time.
/ }% x7 ?( H  H! ^) i  20. Although pecans are most plentiful in the southeastern part of the United States, they are found as far north as Ohio and Illinois.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 23:11 , Processed in 0.217364 second(s), 21 queries .