扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 60|回复: 0

[综合辅导] TOEFL Writing(3)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:15:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  III. Alternative Expressions$ c) N% F" u' G- X% \9 }
  可供选择的表达方式7 o+ E+ U2 h: z$ Z
  A. 关于“running smoothly”的其他表达方式:, Y' E9 ^' D, i" |% }5 Z
  (i) “without a glitch” – Example: The computer program ran all night long without a glitch.9 D* F/ R) L& {+ S
  (ii) “going as planned” – Example:  The bank robbers thought that everything was going as planned, until all of a sudden the police stormed in and arrested them.
1 j* `/ C4 M% ]  (iii) “keep somebody or somthing on track” – Example:  Although the young students acted wild in class, the teacher knew how to keep them on track.  用铁轨来比喻:铁轨是用来保证火车朝着预定或是正确的方向运行以防出轨的。)
" k0 I7 Y! J, M- P& [$ ?4 S1 L; S. h  B. “out of one's way”的意思是不辞辛苦地去做不必要或是没有要求去做的事; {4 C/ U: _, ]* X  Q
  Example: The teacher was so dedicated to his students that he went out of his way to tutor them on the weekends.
5 p( t: o( S; }, |9 M9 p  与“out of one's way”意思相近的表达方式还有:
+ x% Z) [/ d0 r" P# R; W6 d  (i) “go above and beyond” – Example: Although the project was not part of his work responsibility, he went above and beyond his duty to make sure it was a success.
4 i9 h% l4 k& \  m4 w! S  (ii) “bend over backwards” – Example:  She was so committed in her work as a customer service professional that she would bend over backwards to make sure her clients were satisfied.$ z3 \! l  N, a7 @( n; G6 ?; c: q
  C. “potential advantages”指(具有)潜在的优势,与其含义相近的表达方式有:2 ]7 u/ ], k$ }, F  D1 O
  (i) “the good thing is” – Example: The good thing is that there is now less crime in the city.' S# P. S- |/ }/ X
  (ii) “upside” – Example: The upside to the noisy construction is the increase in jobs for the local community.) C& ?: P  g6 y& p
  D. “if it were up to me”暗示说话人对所提到的观点持有相反的看法或意见。类似的,我们还可以说:' Y) t$ H; r8 G- i0 T
  (i) “if I had my way” – Example: If I had my way, we would all be on vacation right now, instead of working into the weekend.6 d- S  q/ C6 }1 ]) O
  (ii) “if I had my choice” – Example:  I need to work to support my family, but if I had my choice, I would be a full time student
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 05:32 , Processed in 0.232418 second(s), 21 queries .