扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 77|回复: 1

[阅读辅导] 辅导:阅读词汇附中英文注释(一)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  辅导:阅读词汇附中英文注释(一)3 v( E- d& X. O, d. F+ E/ z
  beam—— A ray or shaft of light光柱,光束=ray6 L+ s; `/ ]6 f+ ?) w0 o! i
  be characterized by——distinguish. Z7 Z1 x! b3 q; L! T4 `
  barren—— Lacking vegetation, especially useful vegetation不毛的=infertile8 e3 v; S9 e+ A( C
  balmy—— Mild and pleasant温和的=mild% ^+ T4 L5 a( h
  comprise—— To consist of; be composed of由…构成=consist of,make up8 n3 \8 K- X: r" ?% [( g$ Z
  conception—— Something conceived in the mind; a concept, plan, design, idea, or thought概念、计划、设计或思想=notion A mental image or representation; an idea or conception心理形象或象征;想法或构思
8 A- a. P* f( X0 I$ _  F8 [3 V  composed of——To create or produce(a literary or musical piece)创作或制作=create& ]% N; \/ M, [, K4 F. d* r% i  Y2 o
  component—— A constituent element, as of a system组成要素=element, part
$ M8 B9 ^7 A1 I5 b- L2 P  comparable—— Similar or equivalent相似或相当=similar: Y1 o# V* L1 z* G9 v. d
  compile—— To put together or compose from materials gathered from several sources汇编=put together  [1 X' g, R% [% B. G7 p
  community—— Society as a whole; the public作为整体的社会;大众。Asgroupsof plants and animals living and interacting with one another in a specific region under relatively similar environmental conditions共生动物群的一群植物和动物=settlement, society
  ~. L) D1 d6 e  commodity—— Something useful that can be turned to commercial or other advantage商品=goods( [$ n6 z8 F# M$ N3 A
  coincide—— To happen at the same time or during the same period同时发生=occur at the same time8 {7 m% u, M' V
  cohesion—— The act, process, or condition of cohering结合=unity The combination or arrangement of partssintosa whole; unification统一$ d9 e0 v  y9 N! e, `, c4 t- D
  cluster—— To gather or growsintosbunches丛生=concentrate4 F& P0 ~2 L1 P; m" ~# g
  classify—— To arrange or organize according to class or category分类=categorize
7 l4 f6 S9 D1 ]5 ]# a; O% s4 X3 p' v  cling to—— v。依附,依靠,坚持=stick to; G) R; @' D% L7 H: ~" I( K$ t
  cite—— To mention or bring forward as support, illustration, or proof引证把…作为支持、说明或证明而提及或提出=mention% p9 L2 n$ Y2 R1 ?- {
  check——monitor To check the quality or content of(an electronic audio or visual signal) by means of a receiver监听,收听;To check by means of an electronic receiver for significant content, such as military, political, or illegal activity窃听6 O7 ?1 A  j/ Y3 H6 u( x. s( k
  celestial—— Of or relating to the sky or the heavens天空的=astronomical! r! a$ o% y! \8 V8 f
  cease—— To put an end to; discontinue使…停止;中止=stop
: w: ]/ e! ~; Z) C  x  capability—— The quality of being capable; ability能力=ability, |# ?1 M' r( U  f' T3 V
  cumbersome—— Troublesome or onerous麻烦的=burdensome
. ^$ @* }5 L' q- q  crisscross—— To move back and forth through or over交叉移动move back and forth! T5 z# j$ W3 p  l, q
  crawl—— To move slowly on the hands and knees or by dragging the body along the ground; creep爬行=creep& W+ Q9 x$ p3 i! U: j6 E3 J: ~
  counterpart—— A copy or duplicate of a legal paper复制品=version An adaptation of a work of art or literaturesintosanother medium or style版本
( O# N0 N6 G# V. {  counteract—— To oppose and mitigate the effects of by contrary action; check抵制,抵消=negate6 B! n; u1 I* x5 I- _6 e3 m1 o
  core—— The basic or most important part; the essence核心,本质=center: |% P" m- Q+ f+ K+ r
  conventional—— Conforming to established practice or accepted standards; traditional传统的=traditional
: E0 O3 A+ `' D: U  contribute to—— v。捐献=donate To present as a gift to a fund or cause; contribute捐赠. E' D: n- a* R/ b' b
  consumption——The act or process of consuming消耗=eating
- b: D& d! I2 H0 E4 F) i  constrain——To keep within close bounds; confine限制=bound To set a limit to; confine限制
5 R9 U5 e0 A6 y( c! N! d, g  constitute——To found(an institution, for example)创建=make up
  B7 b* ~7 ^1 S, H  ?0 r  constituent——Serving as part of a whole; component组成的=component. y4 c& U- y" ^3 ^. {* D9 X5 C
  constantly——Continually occurring; persistently持续的=continuously
, B8 q7 R7 L4 B9 M/ @0 Q  conspicuous——Attracting attention, as by being unusual or remarkable; noticeable值得注意的=noticeable" I* c) c& D( f# h, \; b( D
  consort with——v。陪伴=associate To keep company陪伴
9 k2 i- X! R3 l- ]4 d; R! K  conserve——To protect from loss or harm; preserve保存,保护=retain vt。留住;保住
& l# ]) k4 ]1 P  consequence——Something that logically or naturally follows from an action or condition结果=result7 i7 D) b/ m& d& \0 f9 f; _  P
  conjecture——A statement, an opinion, or a conclusion based on guesswork猜想=based on guessing
1 }* A2 k8 p% Q  congestion——To be overfilled or overcrowded堵塞=overcrowded, crowded
/ G8 G4 v2 B# e  conflicting——To be opposing; different对立的,不同的=opposing, contrary# b7 O8 {4 u* I  e5 z
  confront——To come face to face with, especially with defiance or hostility面对与…面对面的=face To confront with complete awareness面对
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:23 | 显示全部楼层

辅导:阅读词汇附中英文注释(一)

confine to——To keep within bounds; restrict限制=limit, cramp Restrict; narrow受限制7 r, W' {7 p! t# q$ c& X; ?
  confederacy——A union of persons, parties, or states; a league联盟=ally One that is allied with another, especially by treaty同盟者
- d+ c( v7 H0 L. g3 }' ~  conceal——To keep from being seen, found, observed, or discovered; hide隐藏=hide' |+ v% |  W8 |  T2 P6 V
  dramatically——Arresting or forceful in appearance or effect引人注目的=striking
# w7 |- b5 r; v9 X  durable——Lasting; stable持久的;稳定的=lasting$ q0 b6 S( z1 s
  domains——【计】域=fields
, x: b* g! q# P( |6 k7 A  domestic——Tame or domesticated。 Used of animals驯养的=tame
  v' R: }0 F2 r6 c: n3 q  dominate——To enjoy a commanding, controlling position in占支配地位=be prevalent in4 o1 K* l: X8 W( q
  divergence——Difference, as of opinion意见分歧difference( \. H: E9 I( g0 u1 G6 u
  diverse——Made up of distinct characteristics, qualities, or elements多种多样的=various5 w' u1 ^/ G5 J8 A
  dogma——An authoritative principle, belief, or statement of ideas or opinion, especially one considered to be absol6 U6 ~+ K3 d% [* t2 X
  utely true信条=belief/ x  q) j6 [: P0 T( r8 D4 [3 o
  distinction——The condition or fact of being dissimilar or distinct; difference差别=difference
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-18 01:49 , Processed in 0.196946 second(s), 23 queries .