扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 79|回复: 1

[阅读辅导] 辅导:阅读词汇附中英文注释(一)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  辅导:阅读词汇附中英文注释(一)! |3 }  z9 ]  i; u
  beam—— A ray or shaft of light光柱,光束=ray1 `' u  S+ z+ r9 h) D* M0 a( d! _
  be characterized by——distinguish
! R0 T; i9 ]. i  barren—— Lacking vegetation, especially useful vegetation不毛的=infertile
5 X; j" d& a* V! I: k$ A6 e4 V  balmy—— Mild and pleasant温和的=mild
6 [! l" X, T, Q; i! j  w  comprise—— To consist of; be composed of由…构成=consist of,make up
, v  |$ T) t% t1 r6 f* e' B2 e  conception—— Something conceived in the mind; a concept, plan, design, idea, or thought概念、计划、设计或思想=notion A mental image or representation; an idea or conception心理形象或象征;想法或构思
7 S; Q' T/ C  _5 J1 p8 d# H0 U0 _5 ?  composed of——To create or produce(a literary or musical piece)创作或制作=create6 g; e4 |8 @# K) _; S
  component—— A constituent element, as of a system组成要素=element, part
- z0 A+ t7 h. W' @5 _# V+ s  comparable—— Similar or equivalent相似或相当=similar+ R8 m# h/ E" z) b" F
  compile—— To put together or compose from materials gathered from several sources汇编=put together
" i) j! i1 A+ |7 f: x  community—— Society as a whole; the public作为整体的社会;大众。Asgroupsof plants and animals living and interacting with one another in a specific region under relatively similar environmental conditions共生动物群的一群植物和动物=settlement, society- }4 q4 W, |+ h/ c( n0 A
  commodity—— Something useful that can be turned to commercial or other advantage商品=goods
! i# t9 s' q; ~  coincide—— To happen at the same time or during the same period同时发生=occur at the same time. r$ J: j" E% g0 }. T
  cohesion—— The act, process, or condition of cohering结合=unity The combination or arrangement of partssintosa whole; unification统一
  l' m/ K$ r- ]* B; p1 c  cluster—— To gather or growsintosbunches丛生=concentrate& u0 }! p7 Q+ x) b& r
  classify—— To arrange or organize according to class or category分类=categorize
7 v# R/ ^/ G/ u+ w3 ?. T* s& @  cling to—— v。依附,依靠,坚持=stick to6 S: G* ]' W* {% z* r
  cite—— To mention or bring forward as support, illustration, or proof引证把…作为支持、说明或证明而提及或提出=mention2 f) ^7 J- l4 |8 g9 m0 `1 Q
  check——monitor To check the quality or content of(an electronic audio or visual signal) by means of a receiver监听,收听;To check by means of an electronic receiver for significant content, such as military, political, or illegal activity窃听. T0 y& Z+ t: N$ d' K! a/ e
  celestial—— Of or relating to the sky or the heavens天空的=astronomical
5 g2 D" h: `* s% i* t  cease—— To put an end to; discontinue使…停止;中止=stop
/ K" \8 A6 t" E! ~! |" u  capability—— The quality of being capable; ability能力=ability
0 \) z- e+ X: B8 G# b! j  cumbersome—— Troublesome or onerous麻烦的=burdensome
3 X) w1 J, F+ p$ l0 d& `, t5 P% O  crisscross—— To move back and forth through or over交叉移动move back and forth' Q6 O' R3 g- q. W9 ^" n, ]
  crawl—— To move slowly on the hands and knees or by dragging the body along the ground; creep爬行=creep
& Y, y1 B/ J; o1 g5 \/ y  counterpart—— A copy or duplicate of a legal paper复制品=version An adaptation of a work of art or literaturesintosanother medium or style版本
6 l& A; T- e3 }1 K5 X  counteract—— To oppose and mitigate the effects of by contrary action; check抵制,抵消=negate
; U" E, W6 T0 m% b, R1 W5 {  core—— The basic or most important part; the essence核心,本质=center
- o# r3 J" x) a) J8 Z" k  conventional—— Conforming to established practice or accepted standards; traditional传统的=traditional* a5 ]- P/ j$ _/ F, u. n5 Y
  contribute to—— v。捐献=donate To present as a gift to a fund or cause; contribute捐赠
, Z3 d9 G+ r" ]$ e4 U  a  consumption——The act or process of consuming消耗=eating
( G0 c2 A/ T; }8 B% K& C0 h  constrain——To keep within close bounds; confine限制=bound To set a limit to; confine限制
4 \* u4 t$ v* Y3 \7 G, C1 H: V4 j  constitute——To found(an institution, for example)创建=make up8 a4 L0 W) Q3 l8 N2 m2 p  B
  constituent——Serving as part of a whole; component组成的=component9 Y& O6 R4 l1 Z" c1 i
  constantly——Continually occurring; persistently持续的=continuously$ A" T& G# a/ c
  conspicuous——Attracting attention, as by being unusual or remarkable; noticeable值得注意的=noticeable3 j5 [, X* a3 K) V
  consort with——v。陪伴=associate To keep company陪伴! F1 P( i& i% K. c1 w
  conserve——To protect from loss or harm; preserve保存,保护=retain vt。留住;保住
# @9 W* R0 @1 _! t  consequence——Something that logically or naturally follows from an action or condition结果=result
: _8 k' l+ f0 p: T3 T7 C! D2 z  conjecture——A statement, an opinion, or a conclusion based on guesswork猜想=based on guessing( Y; t5 \" l2 w1 [$ P0 U
  congestion——To be overfilled or overcrowded堵塞=overcrowded, crowded5 s0 I  ^3 P6 Z6 [5 R
  conflicting——To be opposing; different对立的,不同的=opposing, contrary8 S* X. G/ @* q; `6 @: g- K- }
  confront——To come face to face with, especially with defiance or hostility面对与…面对面的=face To confront with complete awareness面对
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:23 | 显示全部楼层

辅导:阅读词汇附中英文注释(一)

confine to——To keep within bounds; restrict限制=limit, cramp Restrict; narrow受限制: C) J1 Q7 l9 K: g  \# u- V
  confederacy——A union of persons, parties, or states; a league联盟=ally One that is allied with another, especially by treaty同盟者, ]7 e9 N: p" Z. E6 X4 m
  conceal——To keep from being seen, found, observed, or discovered; hide隐藏=hide
) n# o4 r9 }8 G/ L% |& {) w% ]0 K  dramatically——Arresting or forceful in appearance or effect引人注目的=striking: ~. ^4 G7 r" j
  durable——Lasting; stable持久的;稳定的=lasting$ r, n" ~% Q% x" {
  domains——【计】域=fields
/ b$ G4 |2 a1 _5 u  domestic——Tame or domesticated。 Used of animals驯养的=tame
, H: q2 Z  M5 e8 `. J" A  dominate——To enjoy a commanding, controlling position in占支配地位=be prevalent in
. W" `( }8 I; a! y- W( w) x  divergence——Difference, as of opinion意见分歧difference: I7 {/ F5 U; W: z8 w
  diverse——Made up of distinct characteristics, qualities, or elements多种多样的=various
! x3 Y8 K5 a( P# l& ?3 B  dogma——An authoritative principle, belief, or statement of ideas or opinion, especially one considered to be absol3 x$ _8 D3 O, @% t9 b
  utely true信条=belief/ ~5 D! A. v- X' K
  distinction——The condition or fact of being dissimilar or distinct; difference差别=difference
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-26 21:53 , Processed in 0.382415 second(s), 23 queries .