立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 108|回复: 1

[阅读辅导] 托业阅读词汇附中英文注释(3)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  distinct——Readily distinguishable from all others; discrete有区别的,不同的=different, separate, definite+ q% v9 W$ |# F+ P- h1 L
  dispute——To argue about; debate就…进行争论=argument, disagreement
1 P, t: X* G$ ?8 f) w4 C  disseminate——To spread abroad; promulgate散布=spread, distribute: I' n2 l& J% @. V) g& a
  disposal——The act or process of getting rid of something除掉=get rid of
" N+ S& b: w. l2 n8 G% ^  discrete——Constituting a separate thing; distinct分离的=separate Existing as an independent entity单独的
& Y! B0 e9 D% [4 T* \+ ]  discard——To throw away; reject丢弃,抛弃=get rid of
0 k% |3 B  U6 J0 S  diffuse——To become widely dispersed; spread out散布=travel To be transmitted, as light or sound; move or pass传送- D$ l6 D9 t, u' l3 z9 P0 D
  differentiate——To constitute the distinction between区分=distinguish To perceive as being different or distinct区分
7 N0 O! p6 k6 h. O: j) Y, E0 ^: P  dictate——To prescribe with authority; impose命令;To issue orders or commands命令=determine To reach a decision; resolve解决,决定,=prescribe To set down as a rule or guide; enjoin指定,规定
+ l8 q. U& ^1 P! e* D0 x  devastate——To lay waste; destroy变成废墟,荒芜;破坏=ruin
, _1 Q; y! m1 Z  N  device——A contrivance or an invention serving a particular purpose, especially a machine used to perform one or more relatively simple tasks机器=instrument A device for recording, measuring, or controlling, especially such a device functioning as part of a control system仪表' I2 R+ \  `& [1 a
  devoid of ——free of无……的,免于……的;摆脱了……的6 F& B5 e& w. L8 @' K5 W$ d  z
  destruction——The act of destroying毁灭=demolition The act or process of wrecking or destroying, especially destruction by explosives.摧毁破坏8 S3 |: n5 t0 U/ x8 I8 D; N
  detect——To discover or ascertain the existence, presence, or fact of查明;发现=discover, sense To become aware of; perceive感觉意识到* d' t: l$ J6 k8 r- W3 |  N3 P
  detectable——Can be discovered or ascertained the existence, presence, or fact可查明;可发现apparent, measurable,sizable4 W! r/ ^( a  c# v5 o1 _8 Q# H. x
  derive——To obtain or receive from a source得到=obtain,
1 }" p7 \3 t! [8 D7 ^* |4 i6 V  To issue from a source; originate起源于=stem from
$ o- H+ g4 H+ A  B: f- c  depression——An area that is sunk below its surroundings; a hollow下陷处=low. J2 @1 C' o( h" i
  depressed——Low in spirits; dejected情绪低落的;沮丧的=saddened
9 f3 ~% x9 v: N  deposit——To put or set down; place放置=place, lay
; O0 `& Y3 _& x$ h, w  deplete——To decrease the fullness of; use up or empty out消灭,用完或用光=exhaust, run out
$ u) R: I: B5 E- S  dense——Hard to penetrate; thick浓厚的=thick, heavy# C" [3 D& B% h
  delicate——Marked by sensitivity of discrimination敏锐的=sensitive
& [2 T: T$ C, d: s: v* s+ R  Easily broken or damaged脆弱的=fragile
+ _+ n$ [' O" t3 M( k9 y3 J  delicate——Considerate of the feelings of others体贴的=careful, intentionally5 W; ?6 S- R! e# I6 u2 `& Q
  deft——Quick and skillful; adroit灵巧的=skilled) t, N; C  Y$ `: S) N. ^
  extract——To remove for separate consideration or publication; excerpt摘录=remove" [# ?* {# \( h1 g7 C9 T
  extend——To stretch or spread (something) out to greater or fullest length延伸=increase, stretch, outspread
$ M* ^9 O) i6 Y0 p% N1 u  extensive——Large in extent, range, or amount广大的=wide, far from reaching
8 {7 d- @; j, T$ A* [0 U( C* E  exponential——Containing, involving, or expressed as an exponent指数的=rapid, increase
5 f, R) l# n( ~: j/ m' w  exert——To bring to bear; exercise对…施加=apply To putsintosaction使用,运用,=cause- O: P3 k% }9 G* y8 x
  exhibition——The act or an instance of exhibiting展览=display
, Y( K( }9 O. x$ p9 B  exorbitant——Exceeding all bounds, as of custom or fairness过高的,昂贵的=expensive3 s4 V3 J1 L8 x- n2 o- \
  expand——To increase the size, volume, quantity, or scope of; enlarge扩大=increase$ S$ A# n% v8 j6 [2 j  K
  excessive——Exceeding a normal, usual, reasonable, or proper limit过量的=extreme Extending far beyond the norm过分的
1 g5 e  `4 s8 _% Z" h  exclusion——The condition or fact of being excluded.排除或被排除的状态keep out of躲开;置身于…之外
& O+ @) ~4 p) S  P  execution——制作=create
% e0 r) w7 s$ |8 Y  exalted——Lofty; sublime; noble高的,崇高的;高贵的=superior Of great value or excellence; extraordinary价值巨大或品质优越的;突出的
3 @( t* _1 L3 _8 B$ @* l: j  exceed——To be greater than; surpass比…更好;超过=surpass6 x; Z' J! v, ~. K; ^1 o+ C* H
  excel——To show superiority; surpass others胜过=be superior
* F5 I; x9 b& ~) B+ Y. M  exceptional——Well above average; extraordinary杰出的=extraordinary
; U; Y: `  }7 v8 z9 ^; @6 a& p2 z  exceptionally——Deviating widely from a norm, as of physical or mental ability特殊的=abnormally,
6 d7 P# g7 C  J1 m  Being an exception; uncommon例外的=extremely# P7 G$ L' d9 f; Q/ C8 N3 l
  evident——Easily seen or understood; obvious显然的=apparent Readily understood; clear or obvious显然的$ i. s, G  ~$ d0 I+ Q. a0 {1 v4 L
  evolve——To undergo gradual change; develop发展=develop
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:23 | 显示全部楼层

托业阅读词汇附中英文注释(3)

erode——To wear (something) away by or as if by abrasion腐蚀,侵蚀=wear away8 @6 v1 G7 i/ }0 m8 `; q
  equivalent——Equal, as in value, force, or meaning相等的=interchangeable That can be interchanged可以相互交换的3 b( t4 n$ F$ Z! ]( T7 |
  entity——Something that exists as a particular and discrete unit实体=object Something perceptible by one or more of the senses, especially by vision or touch; a material thing物体
3 V1 N/ b0 M/ ]* {  enormous——Very great in size, extent, number, or degree巨大的=tremendous, huge6 ~: E6 @8 ]" @) y1 u1 f
  emit——To give or send out matter or energy发射=give off发出,放出(蒸汽、气味等)& c9 I! ^% s: F, m& [% F
  employ——To put to use or service投入使用=use% q: y5 n8 T! Z7 t7 b' T
  enactment——To act (something) out, as on a stage扮演=performance, pass
  e4 J, w7 P' ^  emerge——To comesintosexistence发生使出现=appear, spring up- e2 C7 o+ R! ], [$ P
  embed——To cause to be an integral part of a surrounding whole包埋=encase To enclose in or as if in a case把…装箱- W' C0 O' b! Q9 D6 f/ Q
  elaborate——To become elaborate变得复杂=complicate To make or become complex or perplexing使复杂或令人困惑- Q" G1 u) ^% z) j
  elaborately——Planned or executed with painstaking attention to numerous parts or details精心制作的=done in great detail
4 i3 k" W+ m9 ]" H  fuse——To mix (constituent elements) together by or as if by melting; blend.熔合=combine) }! Q5 j" J/ M
  furnish——To supply; give供应;提供=provide
7 w% @* M& @8 y* }9 F1 u* h7 N7 d  fragment——A small part broken off or detached.碎片=piece A portion or part that has been separated from a whole
2 {, Z3 Q: [+ H% D8 q4 K) _  forbid——To command against the doing or use of (something); prohibit严禁=ban
: t- Z; X+ G8 b, b1 B$ p' U  forage——To wander in search of food or provisions搜索粮食=feed To give food to; supply with nourishment给予食物
1 g7 B  \3 u4 ~  float——To move from place to place, especially at random漂移=drift along
: ~2 |* ~: D7 O; s2 T7 `  fertile——Rich in material needed to sustain plant growth肥沃的=rich Abounding, especially in natural resources肥沃的;丰富的: H: H/ ]2 e. Y
  faction——Asgroupsof persons forming a cohesive, usually contentious minority within a larger group小集团=side One of two or more opposing individuals, groups, teams, or sets of opinions派8 D# b5 n1 n, Z- y/ a! Q2 U
  graze——To feed on (herbage) in a field or on pastureland放牧=feed; ^9 m! ?* F% T  s- F/ c
  gorgeous——Dazzlingly beautiful or magnificent耀眼的;美丽的;眩目艳丽的=magnificent, beautiful
$ g1 ^7 c7 \. l  global——Of, relating to, or involving the entire earth; worldwide全球的=worldwide7 R$ Y9 d. Y" ^& o9 s  A
  give way to ——让路,让步=be replaced by ,=turnsintos
4 |# ^& y9 X4 ~& C. q  genetic——Affecting or affected by genes影响基因的或被基因影响的=heredity The genetic transmission of characteristics from parent to offspring遣传
5 t5 ]1 U- W0 T  gap——An opening in a solid structure or surface; a cleft or breach豁口=opening A breach or an aperture缺口
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-7-4 03:40 , Processed in 0.674013 second(s), 23 queries .