只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 74|回复: 1

[阅读辅导] 托业阅读词汇附中英文注释(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  beam—— A ray or shaft of light光柱,光束=ray
$ m$ O, h/ f6 t* R& o  be characterized by——distinguish
7 r) ~: m) S$ m; [  barren—— Lacking vegetation, especially useful vegetation不毛的=infertile: ^. j% w) X- @
  balmy—— Mild and pleasant温和的=mild) Q  p4 c7 @9 o7 t- h7 `3 h
  comprise—— To consist of; be composed of由…构成=consist of ,make up
6 K8 Y7 q  c# Q& E5 a  conception—— Something conceived in the mind; a concept, plan, design, idea, or thought概念、计划、设计或思想=notion A mental image or representation; an idea or conception心理形象或象征;想法或构思
$ k- D' x6 \: z; u/ M! Z! Y' i  composed of ——To create or produce (a literary or musical piece)创作或制作=create3 L, E) m8 D7 _4 j
  component—— A constituent element, as of a system组成要素=element, part0 q: k/ O* Y/ }
  comparable—— Similar or equivalent相似或相当=similar# A# x! a& g) i3 i  \
  compile—— To put together or compose from materials gathered from several sources汇编=put together
, I5 B! m& G4 F! T# `  community—— Society as a whole; the public作为整体的社会;大众。Asgroupsof plants and animals living and interacting with one another in a specific region under relatively similar environmental conditions共生动物群的一群植物和动物=settlement, society
. U" w' C* S! A  commodity—— Something useful that can be turned to commercial or other advantage商品=goods
2 W# {9 N3 k1 u; _4 {! m/ e  coincide—— To happen at the same time or during the same period同时发生=occur at the same time& {( {; p- }" ?* [
  cohesion—— The act, process, or condition of cohering结合=unity The combination or arrangement of partssintosa whole; unification统一
6 q# J, _1 u. W: r: c4 d; Q$ Y- ]  cluster—— To gather or growsintosbunches丛生=concentrate$ m* e/ j  {) W0 }( }
  classify—— To arrange or organize according to class or category分类=categorize. I5 v+ ~& u2 l8 j$ u/ d, c/ c
  cling to —— v.依附,依靠,坚持=stick to
; g# ^- Y. ]+ v  cite —— To mention or bring forward as support, illustration, or proof引证把…作为支持、说明或证明而提及或提出=mention
8 g5 U1 C- q' i% k  check ——monitor To check the quality or content of (an electronic audio or visual signal) by means of a receiver监听,收听;To check by means of an electronic receiver for significant content, such as military, political, or illegal activity窃听
& c/ B# l, R/ F( v  celestial—— Of or relating to the sky or the heavens天空的=astronomical
: F2 G1 v+ Q/ {4 j! `; q( U* z  cease—— To put an end to; discontinue使…停止;中止=stop, u3 w3 g' h3 S4 |0 x% |! E
  capability—— The quality of being capable; ability能力=ability2 S+ W2 o/ C" q% m- X
  cumbersome —— Troublesome or onerous麻烦的=burdensome. O4 ^4 h. Z$ b0 j) G, b
  crisscross—— To move back and forth through or over交叉移动move back and forth: u0 ^  s3 \+ s4 `
  crawl—— To move slowly on the hands and knees or by dragging the body along the ground; creep爬行=creep
* h& n  Q% Q) o  counterpart—— A copy or duplicate of a legal paper复制品=version An adaptation of a work of art or literaturesintosanother medium or style版本; p+ v, A/ w" e% T: ^# Z- v
  counteract—— To oppose and mitigate the effects of by contrary action; check抵制,抵消=negate. J' {4 c  P  n4 b2 J; h
  core —— The basic or most important part; the essence核心,本质=center
4 R/ B: E2 J: \0 A9 K  conventional—— Conforming to established practice or accepted standards; traditional传统的=traditional  {7 A  M0 f5 u  Z: m# ?9 \
  contribute to —— v.捐献=donate To present as a gift to a fund or cause; contribute捐赠$ W) n4 ?7 U" f) `1 h. I" C2 [
  consumption——The act or process of consuming消耗=eating
  Q- Q- h- I) L  [" a" W  constrain——To keep within close bounds; confine限制=bound To set a limit to; confine限制! l. n1 b, w6 `
  constitute——To found (an institution, for example)创建=make up
$ N& J% V  z3 b* {  constituent——Serving as part of a whole; component组成的=component0 m$ e  p' e) R1 {
  constantly——Continually occurring; persistently持续的=continuously* m5 ]# x2 x. a8 J- [- d
  conspicuous——Attracting attention, as by being unusual or remarkable; noticeable值得注意的=noticeable
- N6 j) m* r" |( [  consort with ——v.陪伴=associate To keep company陪伴
2 d2 E& R# n8 B7 `% s- d, Z: p  conserve——To protect from loss or harm; preserve保存,保护=retain vt.留住;保住( P3 J5 g+ l* F( ?/ P% G9 ^
  consequence——Something that logically or naturally follows from an action or condition结果=result- F+ d  E, c, m( k. J
  conjecture——A statement, an opinion, or a conclusion based on guesswork猜想=based on guessing
) r" Q) {$ W) y; n7 K7 _  congestion——To be overfilled or overcrowded堵塞=overcrowded, crowded5 }: C2 M/ o0 k, O* b( r( h
  conflicting——To be opposing; different对立的,不同的=opposing, contrary2 w8 T- u: r2 K# Z: Y7 D
  confront——To come face to face with, especially with defiance or hostility面对与…面对面的=face To confront with complete awareness面对
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:23 | 显示全部楼层

托业阅读词汇附中英文注释(2)

confine to ——To keep within bounds; restrict限制=limit, cramp Restrict; narrow受限制
7 n- ?1 j6 Q7 r0 {& o5 v  confederacy——A union of persons, parties, or states; a league联盟=ally One that is allied with another, especially by treaty同盟者
1 A" W( ~+ b! B# C, x. f  g% @  conceal——To keep from being seen, found, observed, or discovered; hide隐藏=hide! Q2 o. j& O9 m% B
  dramatically——Arresting or forceful in appearance or effect引人注目的=striking
0 h8 L* O5 \  l5 V* a! Z) Q; M  durable——Lasting; stable持久的;稳定的=lasting
& _) {3 b8 _* c1 I  J3 S! e  domains——[计]域=fields
0 g: r+ y7 U5 |4 j: V  domestic——Tame or domesticated. Used of animals驯养的=tame& S& L4 V4 T6 C
  dominate——To enjoy a commanding, controlling position in占支配地位=be prevalent in
& ^# @% |( Y& o" V5 a* l+ F$ i  divergence——Difference, as of opinion意见分歧difference5 n7 D  R' e5 @. L; m! d
  diverse——Made up of distinct characteristics, qualities, or elements多种多样的=various0 g, o6 X" l4 E# _
  dogma——An authoritative principle, belief, or statement of ideas or opinion, especially one considered to be absolutely true信条=belief. O5 t9 h8 q6 B7 }2 D/ m* i& v( `( U
  distinction——The condition or fact of being dissimilar or distinct; difference差别=difference
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-7-4 04:28 , Processed in 0.222848 second(s), 23 queries .