立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 114|回复: 1

[阅读辅导] 托业阅读词汇附中英文注释(4)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  house——A structure serving as a dwelling for one or more persons, especially for a family房屋=dwelling,
+ b/ M  e* Y. F2 m1 c  To contain; harbor收容;隐藏=contain To have within; hold包含;容纳4 X: `6 H% l# g4 c& Z
  homogeneous——Uniform in structure or composition throughout同质的=uniform Unvaried in texture, color, or design均质的2 n0 [' g  i' D2 C, S6 I( E. G  Z
  herald——To proclaim; announce公布;宣布=announce
6 \! [: t" V0 @$ i1 z  heritage——Something that is passed down from preceding generations; a tradition遗留物,传统=tradition
. r9 z0 M# A% u. R( m  harshness——Being extremely severe or exacting; stern严厉=acid Biting, sarcastic, or scornful尖刻的
$ j4 d: R- x6 k+ H  harness——To bring under control and direct the force of统治,管理,支配=utilize To put to use, especially to find a profitable or practical use for利用
. m. d5 s! {3 z- N5 ^: x) ?  hail——To greet or acclaim enthusiastically喝彩=acclaim% T# t) F  ~* C! G8 T$ H
  integrate——To makesintosa whole by bringing all parts together; unify使结合=unify
& p3 ?/ ?  J' e/ c+ d: U  integral——Essential or necessary for completeness; constituent必须的;应有的=essential Basic or indispensable; necessary基本的,必须的* z8 i3 M$ O' y9 V( i4 c6 z  Y2 v
  institution—— An established organization or foundation, especially one dedicated to education, public service, or culture机构=establishment A public or private institution, such as a hospital or school私人或公共机构9 @3 S: \+ M* w4 g. U. m
  insight——The capacity to discern the true nature of a situation; penetration洞察力=understanding The faculty by which one understands; intelligence理解力
0 i/ ^( t) m3 j1 r. I" ?7 e  inspire——To affect, guide, or arouse by divine influence使受神灵的;感召的=fire the imagination of3 Z1 ^) _* q  N0 s. j  m6 {' y
  ingredient——An element in a mixture or compound; a constituent成份=component A constituent element, as of a system成分系统的组成要素
& |9 s6 I* ?- p! M  inhabit—— To live or reside in居住=occupy To dwell or reside in居住6 R1 Y$ X) S# P! b. U
  inhabitant——One that inhabits a place, especially as a permanent resident居民=resident
8 d; [/ A& u: ]  inhibit——To hold back; restrain抑制;限制=hinder To interfere with action or progress阻碍,= curb To check, restrain, or control as if with a curb; rein in抑制9 `$ L+ P; q2 Q9 I7 d7 ]
  innumerable——Too numerous to be counted; numberless无数的=countless
! E( L+ b- [/ o- t% L5 ^8 l  influx——A mass arrival or incoming汇集=arrival
9 J  Q9 |7 ^) D5 X! q- {( w. u1 G  inevitably——Impossible to avoid or prevent必然的,不能规避或避免的=unavoidably  F& _. Z, k# N5 t( M
  inclination——A characteristic disposition to do, prefer, or favor one thing rather than another; a propensity爱好去做=preference The state of being preferred偏爱* E  P% x! z$ T% H+ R9 K, P
  inadequate——Not adequate to fulfill a need or meet a requirement; insufficient不足的=deficient, insufficient; E1 Q% a- f& l; v$ Z
  impose——To apply or make prevail by or as if by authority强制实行=demand To ask for urgently or peremptorily要求迫切或专横要求
3 ~. j; M) y" y$ L+ H. c$ B  implement——A tool or an instrument used in doing work工具=tool
, s# `/ ^, u' C$ b; b& g7 O+ W* l  immunity——The quality or condition of being immune免除,免疫=protection5 y- w* o1 a( t. o1 b/ P$ `2 ~
  illustrate——To provide (a publication) with explanatory or decorative features图解=picture To make a visible representation of展示( t+ j% t, [+ s3 z6 g
  identify——To ascertain the origin, nature, or definitive characteristics of确认=spot To detect or discern, especially visually; spy辩认
  f$ R" s8 S. Q2 O, r  jolt——To disturb suddenly and severely; stun震惊=shock Something that jars the mind or emotions as if with a violent, unexpected blow.震惊! D: T9 D+ }" m( [* c( E* m7 m! K- z
  myth——A fictitious story, person, or thing传说=legend An unverified story handed down from earlier times, especially one popularly believed to be historical传说- w6 X1 e" _" O  a0 F+ b7 A& l
  noxious——Harmful to living things; injurious to health有害的=harmful
. P) P; V% a4 e0 j. W5 i! r  narrate——To give an account or a description叙述或描绘=recount To narrate the facts or particulars of详细叙述! X# G+ m2 _# ^; U3 t: @: E; y
  over taxed——税收过高的=heavily burdened负担沉重的
8 Z& N* x4 c. l4 N! C& n/ I6 v  outbreak——A sudden increase突然发生=beginning The act or process of bringing or being broughtsintosbeing; a start开端' O8 A6 J4 `9 d& {
  originate——To comesintosbeing; start出现;开始=initial, genesis, pioneer+ C0 f6 J  C5 C! I
  To bringsintosbeing; create创造=invent,, z4 C! ~" \6 G. u$ s6 H
  puncture—— To pierce with a pointed object刺用带尖的物体穿透=pierce6 v2 H/ h- [$ S  l! C/ M+ p
  quaint—— Odd, especially in an old-fashioned way离奇的=odd, bizarre Strikingly unconventional and far-fetched in style or appearance; odd古怪的
' d7 M) ?7 ]8 q0 H3 @/ Z, l  protrude—— To jut out; project突出;伸出=project To extend forward or out; jut out突出
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:23 | 显示全部楼层

托业阅读词汇附中英文注释(4)

prospect—— Something expected; a possibility期待被期望的某物;可能性=possibility
, c' @* D1 D% Q! S3 }" l+ c7 k  prosperity—— The condition of being prosperous繁荣=wealth The state of being rich; affluence富裕
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-7-4 04:18 , Processed in 0.298842 second(s), 23 queries .