扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 81|回复: 1

[阅读辅导] 阅读词汇附中英文注释(一)2

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  beam—— A ray or shaft of light光柱,光束=ray
( T7 x% y2 c3 r, n4 S  be characterized by——distinguish; V/ k/ m5 @$ k8 Y
  barren—— Lacking vegetation, especially useful vegetation不毛的=infertile
2 Q3 i3 r% S5 `( _  balmy—— Mild and pleasant温和的=mild- i: U' s( {5 P' j3 W3 w& m& D) c1 Y
  comprise—— To consist of; be composed of由…构成=consist of ,make up
' r" B' P8 Z% @+ S0 V8 X  z  conception—— Something conceived in the mind; a concept, plan, design, idea, or thought概念、计划、设计或思想=notion A mental image or representation; an idea or conception心理形象或象征;想法或构思1 y( P  F: r  o* ?$ k4 @8 T0 t
  composed of ——To create or produce (a literary or musical piece)创作或制作=create
+ K) m( |6 T! {) E! \  component—— A constituent element, as of a system组成要素=element, part
% A4 Q! C1 F- `% S; Y  comparable—— Similar or equivalent相似或相当=similar
# j" i# n- Q, N; a4 t. J( w! |' T* J  compile—— To put together or compose from materials gathered from several sources汇编=put together
& }% y+ K- }7 ], W  y  community—— Society as a whole; the public作为整体的社会;大众。Asgroupsof plants and animals living and interacting with one another in a specific region under relatively similar environmental conditions共生动物群的一群植物和动物=settlement, society: c! y2 J! J) I+ `8 Y' Y7 I
  commodity—— Something useful that can be turned to commercial or other advantage商品=goods
1 p; u' _# K" x: ?% V' G  coincide—— To happen at the same time or during the same period同时发生=occur at the same time. h/ j6 Y# Y7 \% S; t6 h
  cohesion—— The act, process, or condition of cohering结合=unity The combination or arrangement of partssintosa whole; unification统一
6 R  C; f  T' t+ e9 W' m  cluster—— To gather or growsintosbunches丛生=concentrate) g: |8 X3 H2 I1 Y' o
  classify—— To arrange or organize according to class or category分类=categorize
+ I, B$ X( D+ e  b3 n6 E5 ]  cling to —— v.依附,依靠,坚持=stick to
" N9 T% e1 t( i/ j% R, l! u2 y1 D  S  cite —— To mention or bring forward as support, illustration, or proof引证把…作为支持、说明或证明而提及或提出=mention
( I5 p/ A" b. v0 x  check ——monitor To check the quality or content of (an electronic audio or visual signal) by means of a receiver监听,收听;To check by means of an electronic receiver for significant content, such as military, political, or illegal activity窃听6 k) L' v: n" Z- K. h' U. J! {
  celestial—— Of or relating to the sky or the heavens天空的=astronomical4 U/ K) G" I1 M3 ]
  cease—— To put an end to; discontinue使…停止;中止=stop" x3 D2 P  d! r4 o+ v
  capability—— The quality of being capable; ability能力=ability
& Z* i' ~  d! q+ {% `8 p, p9 N  cumbersome —— Troublesome or onerous麻烦的=burdensome
; p5 Q- N. x& C7 f  crisscross—— To move back and forth through or over交叉移动move back and forth0 i' w: H. }/ d3 L8 X& k+ I- F
  crawl—— To move slowly on the hands and knees or by dragging the body along the ground; creep爬行=creep
. n  J1 K) I/ X$ u& |  counterpart—— A copy or duplicate of a legal paper复制品=version An adaptation of a work of art or literaturesintosanother medium or style版本
- M1 ~( t& _+ y4 C$ J/ E  counteract—— To oppose and mitigate the effects of by contrary action; check抵制,抵消=negate
7 M! x1 q) U/ Z6 [5 K* X4 i  core —— The basic or most important part; the essence核心,本质=center
; p) J( O( n4 E0 D- @; ^  conventional—— Conforming to established practice or accepted standards; traditional传统的=traditional
5 h" s8 o: _! k8 K  contribute to —— v.捐献=donate To present as a gift to a fund or cause; contribute捐赠
! Y, a! n( V1 s  consumption——The act or process of consuming消耗=eating, I/ h/ b$ W+ Y5 o
  constrain——To keep within close bounds; confine限制=bound To set a limit to; confine限制$ _. L% c# k+ s- O7 Q
  constitute——To found (an institution, for example)创建=make up, B+ q' u2 Y: X& f
  constituent——Serving as part of a whole; component组成的=component
9 x( h' v6 m/ N2 k  constantly——Continually occurring; persistently持续的=continuously
7 R6 ~/ ]: t: X' s4 m. J+ ^  conspicuous——Attracting attention, as by being unusual or remarkable; noticeable值得注意的=noticeable8 J/ R; J# _4 \0 J* u
  consort with ——v.陪伴=associate To keep company陪伴4 x5 w' i8 U0 g) w' N9 R. E
  conserve——To protect from loss or harm; preserve保存,保护=retain vt.留住;保住
* D6 k4 @& a7 E  consequence——Something that logically or naturally follows from an action or condition结果=result
; m( C( i$ T4 k" q( b  conjecture——A statement, an opinion, or a conclusion based on guesswork猜想=based on guessing7 @/ f7 g" j" ?9 j. \- e
  congestion——To be overfilled or overcrowded堵塞=overcrowded, crowded' Q+ Z$ H" U, V3 }. A+ r0 q
  conflicting——To be opposing; different对立的,不同的=opposing, contrary6 ~; U0 a0 C" R6 y- g
  confront——To come face to face with, especially with defiance or hostility面对与…面对面的=face To confront with complete awareness面对
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:23 | 显示全部楼层

阅读词汇附中英文注释(一)2

confine to ——To keep within bounds; restrict限制=limit, cramp Restrict; narrow受限制
5 A) x+ s  X; @7 [& A/ L+ y  confederacy——A union of persons, parties, or states; a league联盟=ally One that is allied with another, especially by treaty同盟者
# P' |% `( w+ a2 r  conceal——To keep from being seen, found, observed, or discovered; hide隐藏=hide
5 \, N6 c3 T! J6 x) @2 P1 O  dramatically——Arresting or forceful in appearance or effect引人注目的=striking
5 Q! h' O2 m1 B7 P6 ^+ `: m  durable——Lasting; stable持久的;稳定的=lasting
" f1 O$ M2 P* ?  domains——[计]域=fields! i/ |) h% G8 w* T& R
  domestic——Tame or domesticated. Used of animals驯养的=tame
/ g$ q6 c% ~6 x% o  dominate——To enjoy a commanding, controlling position in占支配地位=be prevalent in
' n1 g4 l) x4 K" M7 y9 F7 X  divergence——Difference, as of opinion意见分歧difference
7 `& p9 [4 @7 L. b7 k5 H& f  diverse——Made up of distinct characteristics, qualities, or elements多种多样的=various: b  p4 \- V" |6 ~& F
  dogma——An authoritative principle, belief, or statement of ideas or opinion, especially one considered to be absolutely true信条=belief
, X9 o1 B) p% d2 b8 c  distinction——The condition or fact of being dissimilar or distinct; difference差别=difference
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-7-4 03:29 , Processed in 0.224489 second(s), 23 queries .