立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 61|回复: 0

[阅读辅导] 阅读词汇中英文注释(5)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  dictate——To prescribe with authority; impose命令;To issue orders or commands命令=determine To reach a decision; resolve解决,决定,=prescribe To set down as a rule or guide; enjoin指定,规定) P: B1 A. U: f7 \7 L
  devastate——To lay waste; destroy变成废墟,荒芜;破坏=ruin  ^+ m- l; r# H4 m
  device——A contrivance or an invention serving a particular purpose, especially a machine used to perform one or more relatively simple tasks机器=instrument A device for recording, measuring, or controlling, especially such a device functioning as part of a control system仪表
$ j, B  v$ r8 b2 v9 y6 g  devoid of ——free of无……的,免于……的;摆脱了……的
+ m6 v- B3 O# D2 k  destruction——The act of destroying毁灭=demolition The act or process of wrecking or destroying, especially destruction by explosives.摧毁破坏
5 o# r& S0 I) i7 Y, b  detect——To discover or ascertain the existence, presence, or fact of查明;发现=discover, sense To become aware of; perceive感觉意识到1 e: L6 _( h% @/ F( C; [. c) @/ h! ?
  detectable——Can be discovered or ascertained the existence, presence, or fact可查明;可发现apparent, measurable,sizable1 ]8 S" S, m% ~1 V+ L  w
  derive——To obtain or receive from a source得到=obtain,
$ `4 R1 u; Q+ f& d% I  To issue from a source; originate起源于=stem from
3 v$ X3 L1 X* Y% B) h  depression——An area that is sunk below its surroundings; a hollow下陷处=low
6 k7 q+ y/ Y* E, ?: T* J  depressed——Low in spirits; dejected情绪低落的;沮丧的=saddened0 \, w& N$ K3 v' M  r& {
  deposit——To put or set down; place放置=place, lay
0 }9 H" }- \+ w" J& b: }8 F  deplete——To decrease the fullness of; use up or empty out消灭,用完或用光=exhaust, run out
0 k% V; }2 _6 S4 W# C  dense——Hard to penetrate; thick浓厚的=thick, heavy
/ ?) \$ s, H. A  delicate——Marked by sensitivity of discrimination敏锐的=sensitive# u3 t: {  M2 N8 U  c9 \1 f
  Easily broken or damaged脆弱的=fragile
! x! I. Z2 t1 f5 Y& g2 r' N  delicate——Considerate of the feelings of others体贴的=careful, intentionally: f! }& _( ?- p) O: c  n
  deft——Quick and skillful; adroit灵巧的=skilled3 O3 c; _/ u6 o0 I& K
  extract——To remove for separate consideration or publication; excerpt摘录=remove
# g0 v+ e! V! d/ B/ T2 Q  extend——To stretch or spread (something) out to greater or fullest length延伸=increase, stretch, outspread
: t  E4 s, X/ R. Q, N' P  extensive——Large in extent, range, or amount广大的=wide, far from reaching
" e  x) c8 L: U8 N6 V  exponential——Containing, involving, or expressed as an exponent指数的=rapid, increase/ z  P. M" v4 V. m
  exert——To bring to bear; exercise对…施加=apply To putsintosaction使用,运用,=cause
, p5 d8 X6 z! O* N, N  exhibition——The act or an instance of exhibiting展览=display- Z" f- ]. [' Q) k. j& Y
  exorbitant——Exceeding all bounds, as of custom or fairness过高的,昂贵的=expensive: A* _  U( ^9 F5 M& t5 E: F& i
  expand——To increase the size, volume, quantity, or scope of; enlarge扩大=increase
) [4 n0 M. L8 K  N% f) H; O  excessive——Exceeding a normal, usual, reasonable, or proper limit过量的=extreme Extending far beyond the norm过分的$ M8 w0 O! c  a
  exclusion——The condition or fact of being excluded.排除或被排除的状态keep out of躲开;置身于…之外9 D* ]0 a3 |% h2 Y  [
  execution——制作=create
* I8 n8 e6 M1 J. u- f  exalted——Lofty; sublime; noble高的,崇高的;高贵的=superior Of great value or excellence; extraordinary价值巨大或品质优越的;突出的
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-7-4 04:07 , Processed in 0.196933 second(s), 21 queries .