立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 32|回复: 0

[阅读辅导] 阅读词汇中英文注释(10)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  surging—— To increase suddenly. Used of electric current or voltage猛增=accelerating! M8 N# p- N& P$ V3 B' c' G& t0 }. I/ Z
  surpass—— To be or go beyond, as in degree or quality; exceed胜过=exceed, outrun
, M7 B4 \6 a3 O" e. x  sustain—— To keep in existence; maintain继续生存;维持=maintain  c3 K, N6 N$ {* e# [9 @3 U" _3 f3 }) L
  sustenance—— Something, especially food, that sustains life or health营养物,尤指食物=fare Food and drink; diet食物和饮料
" z$ D$ N9 J8 |  Means of livelihood生计=livelihood
1 c4 ]- s2 @# J  supplement——Something added to complete a thing, make up for a deficiency, or extend or strengthen the whole补充物,用来完成某事、补充不足、扩展或加强=extension
! I+ x$ K- x: K  An addition that increases the area, influence, operation, or contents of something扩大
) f; P& ]; [4 I  supreme——Greatest in importance, degree, significance, character, or achievement最重要的=outstanding
# S( D6 D9 f8 Z' G, J  succinct——Characterized by clear, precise expression in few words; concise and terse简明的=concise# b" f# c  J, R+ s" h3 p# s" F7 z
  sufficient——Being as much as is needed充足的=adequate7 V$ k' _$ I, p( J) @" [0 B- y
  sumptuous——Of a size or splendor suggesting great expense; lavish豪华的;花费奢侈的=luxurious
) O: a9 R4 A# c5 ?3 Y8 _  substantial——Considerable in importance, value, degree, amount, or extent有重大价值的=considerable Worthy of consideration; significant重要的
3 ~+ {. g& K) S' Z; a+ K$ E$ l  substitute——One that takes the place of another; a replacement代用品=replacement, in place of代替; {/ k! I' [6 q" ?1 z
  subsidize——To assist or support with a subsidy以津贴补助=finance To supply funds to给…提供资金0 K5 {3 B/ i2 n! S# c* m
  subtle——So slight as to be difficult to detect or analyze; elusive纤细的,细小的=slight
( N+ J+ o( b3 r/ @) q' m  submit——提出,提交=present提出;呈递
- }2 s; ^% ?5 n  subsidy——Monetary assistance granted by a government to a person orsgroupsin support of an enterprise regarded as being in the public interest补助金=financing融通资金( G: @! U& j/ w) K7 n
  subject to ——在……条件下;易受……的侵袭;受控制=expose to, susceptible to$ Z" H6 S4 F  p0 O# z; t, t
  stretch——A continuous or unbroken length, area, or expanse连续不断的长度,地区或空间=span The extent or measure of space between two points or extremities, as of a bridge or roof; the breadth跨度两点或两端间的空间3 a" E% H, L; F. A
  strike——To engage in a strike against an employer罢工=walkout, u% k/ x( ~7 `9 [4 e; Y
  To come to; attain来到;到达= make contact with$ d' {5 D. X' O/ q/ U2 {% a
  striking—— Arresting the attention and producing a vivid impression on the sight or the mind.惹人注目的=prominent Immediately noticeable; conspicuous显眼的
3 A# f6 @& G4 B: f/ `  stringent—— Imposing rigorous standards of performance; severe严格的=strict
  ]; A  n% p2 m7 H* q  v, x  stimulus—— Something that incites or rouses to action; an incentive激发物=motivate
9 D: W* }, L+ T+ c5 Z1 |  strain ——To pull, draw, or stretch tight拉紧=tension The act or process of stretching something tight拉紧# q& @% I& P2 n. q
  stationary—— Not capable of being moved; fixed不能被移动的;固定的=fixed, immobile
/ P& ^- d) j0 p  status——Position relative to that of others; standing地位=standing
+ Q. |2 T4 A! f  sticky——shavingsthe property of adhering or sticking to a surface; adhesive粘的=adhere, cement
* ]& }' }3 j; I$ V9 j1 N  staple—— A basic or principal element or feature主要成分,基本成分=basic element' z* W! q& \- O% Z! u" ?
  squirt—— To issue forth in a thin forceful stream or jet; spurt喷=spurt out v.喷出
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-7-4 03:32 , Processed in 0.155691 second(s), 21 queries .