立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 59|回复: 0

[阅读辅导] 托业阅读辅导:中英文注释(10)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  surging—— To increase suddenly. Used of electric current or voltage猛增=accelerating
1 }, N# |. ~/ \/ ?8 j/ g  surpass—— To be or go beyond, as in degree or quality; exceed胜过=exceed, outrun7 D( n1 T) j6 O5 o) U
  sustain—— To keep in existence; maintain继续生存;维持=maintain
- n( `0 K5 s- Z+ {2 m  sustenance—— Something, especially food, that sustains life or health营养物,尤指食物=fare Food and drink; diet食物和饮料4 I6 e% l5 E# i$ j: l
  Means of livelihood生计=livelihood
& X7 |6 M1 s$ W3 l0 W7 e, P  supplement——Something added to complete a thing, make up for a deficiency, or extend or strengthen the whole补充物,用来完成某事、补充不足、扩展或加强=extension( K+ P0 V) {! k  j; g% |
  An addition that increases the area, influence, operation, or contents of something扩大6 u# ?" G5 r3 q; X4 b! |* U# O
  supreme——Greatest in importance, degree, significance, character, or achievement最重要的=outstanding5 H, U- R* y5 C) N, l
  succinct——Characterized by clear, precise expression in few words; concise and terse简明的=concise
  C+ x' G) e0 V  sufficient——Being as much as is needed充足的=adequate8 P, `! c1 d. C4 a) i: s! Y
  sumptuous——Of a size or splendor suggesting great expense; lavish豪华的;花费奢侈的=luxurious
' z0 ~0 p4 Z  G( E  substantial——Considerable in importance, value, degree, amount, or extent有重大价值的=considerable Worthy of consideration; significant重要的' z$ h4 d& }- C) w% p5 ^! B
  substitute——One that takes the place of another; a replacement代用品=replacement, in place of代替
4 l0 _  O5 e4 P/ c7 ]  subsidize——To assist or support with a subsidy以津贴补助=finance To supply funds to给…提供资金0 A5 ?0 B* J4 f6 z, J' ?# d3 A
  subtle——So slight as to be difficult to detect or analyze; elusive纤细的,细小的=slight  }$ m+ D7 T0 Y- Q1 V$ M
  submit——提出,提交=present提出;呈递" B+ [# P# M& A5 w
  subsidy——Monetary assistance granted by a government to a person orsgroupsin support of an enterprise regarded as being in the public interest补助金=financing融通资金
5 Q4 ~* @" L* T  Y( o  subject to ——在……条件下;易受……的侵袭;受控制=expose to, susceptible to
" ^) o4 L: \# f  q  `" o  stretch——A continuous or unbroken length, area, or expanse连续不断的长度,地区或空间=span The extent or measure of space between two points or extremities, as of a bridge or roof; the breadth跨度两点或两端间的空间) m, Y4 _& i  `: M& K: C- N( t8 j
  strike——To engage in a strike against an employer罢工=walkout% T9 N! u1 n4 Y& |- j) n4 F/ Y
  To come to; attain来到;到达= make contact with! P& G( \4 ~6 G8 X+ L( f  [
  striking—— Arresting the attention and producing a vivid impression on the sight or the mind.惹人注目的=prominent Immediately noticeable; conspicuous显眼的  z! A* R7 j# @9 p" g: _6 |/ ?
  stringent—— Imposing rigorous standards of performance; severe严格的=strict" h8 d7 U* D. @9 x' v
  stimulus—— Something that incites or rouses to action; an incentive激发物=motivate! l+ S3 a) F' p2 o/ w* R; m
  strain ——To pull, draw, or stretch tight拉紧=tension The act or process of stretching something tight拉紧1 T* v9 _1 ?1 V8 h0 I! n
  stationary—— Not capable of being moved; fixed不能被移动的;固定的=fixed, immobile
: ~' S! }4 e( q  status——Position relative to that of others; standing地位=standing- z9 U# P: \$ A( v8 v- f& u3 V
  sticky——shavingsthe property of adhering or sticking to a surface; adhesive粘的=adhere, cement
' C9 I" W- T% \; ?4 s. V  staple—— A basic or principal element or feature主要成分,基本成分=basic element3 t6 t8 @, y4 k" w2 g
  squirt—— To issue forth in a thin forceful stream or jet; spurt喷=spurt out v.喷出
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-7-6 08:55 , Processed in 0.231218 second(s), 21 queries .