立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 83|回复: 1

[阅读辅导] 托业词汇附中英文注释(一)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  adjust—— To change so as to match or fit; cause to correspond修改=alter To adjust (a garment) for a better fit修改
/ E: B# z2 ~" p1 M  adjoining—— Neighboring; contiguous接临的=neighboring# H8 O. l  s6 K, q" @4 w
  adaptation—— Something, such as a device or mechanism, that is changed or changes so as to become suitable to a new or special application or situation改装=modification; f2 Q; b7 n/ ^, H
  acute—— Extremely sharp or severe; intense强烈的=intense
' c8 ?% G. G. |  Keenly perceptive or discerning; penetrating聪明的=sharp- U- D1 m- |' G. u2 s$ w
  accustomed—— Being in the habit of习惯的=used to# b, M7 T0 O, x, H* G. T) r! @
  accumulate—— To gather or pile up; amass收集,堆集;积累=collect
, _. [- H: q6 V5 p& q5 C# y  accompany—— To be or go with as a companion陪伴=travel with. E' \* w+ @6 C8 j+ g+ y8 c: T
  accompaniment—— Something, such as a situation, that accompanies something else; a concomitant伴随状况伴随发生的事物=attendant An accompanying thing or circumstance; a concomitant伴随物伴随的事物或情况;伴随物
5 _5 E/ {- X0 l9 k  accommodate—— To provide for; supply with提供住处;供应=lodge To provide with temporary quarters, especially for sleeping提供住处
0 i* R3 k$ \+ d( s. W" \; j) U  acclaimed—— To be praised enthusiastically and often publicly; applauded喝彩地,赞赏地=praised
* {# m5 X$ b. l% K$ j1 ~  accelerate—— To cause to develop or progress more quickly使加快=increased- _$ R. A( q9 l+ g* d
  abundance—— Fullness to overflowing丰富=profusion The state of being profuse; abundance丰富
& ~- ~* a. E6 T& v: h8 T0 ?  absurd—— Ridiculously incongruous or unreasonable荒诞的,荒唐的=preposterous Contrary to nature, reason, or common sense; absurd荒谬的
* x- L: e( C* p. n  abandon—— To give up by leaving or ceasing to operate or inhabit, especially as a result of danger or other impending threat离弃=give up
8 ~. Y. P: M  J! t/ U  awareness——shavingsknowledge or cognizance意识到的或认识到的=realization1 a$ D% G1 ?4 Y3 y
  available—— Present and ready for use; at hand; accessible可用的现实可用的;手边的;可获得的=accessible
$ r6 M' G4 o3 ~  attribute—— A quality or characteristic inherent in or ascribed to someone or something品质、属性=characteristic, trait
; ~' \& B' r7 Y3 B) C6 ~) M  attire—— Clothing or array; apparel服装、盛装;服饰=clothing% z7 `% O" S4 Q. U
  attach—— To fasten, secure, or join系,贴或连接=fasten, stick to
0 \! }/ \6 T* \8 R  assortment—— A collection of various kinds; a variety多种多样=variety
6 b: I0 U. c: Y' w# X  astonishing —— Filling with sudden wonder or amazement惊奇的,奇怪的=startling" \7 p3 f* R. l, X
  astounding-To be astonishing and bewildering震惊极为惊讶和迷惑不解=surprising+ S% u7 n: L  O/ t, b
  assemble—— To bring or call togethersintosasgroupsor whole召集集合=gathering
1 t+ _9 b9 I! |  m7 U( Z0 i& Z, `: [  ascend—— To slope upward爬坡倾斜而上=climb of7 i, a. U/ M5 w
  ascribe to——assume to be true7 E  B3 @  |6 t) p0 R
  arduous—— Demanding great effort or labor; difficult困难的=difficult,4 H% W+ z9 t* \! z
  Testing severely the powers of endurance; strenuous艰苦的=strenuous Requiring great effort, energy, or exertion艰巨的
0 ]& [4 F' U8 |. ^1 X4 Q) u9 w3 ]" S  arid—— Lacking moisture, especiallyshavingsinsufficient rainfall to support trees or woody plants干旱的缺乏水分=dry# {% b# u3 v- R' s
  aptly—— Exactly suitable; appropriately合适的=appropriately# S; K7 X3 }3 K. M
  approach—— To come near or nearer, as in space or time接近靠近=near
& _  G7 v: h/ _  appeal—— The power of attracting or of arousing interest吸引力=attraction' b; y4 S& c7 ^2 F
  apart from—— With the exception of; besides除…外;除…外还=except for. I7 }6 J. P  D6 x8 r( [
  anonymous——shavingsan unknown or unacknowledged name匿名的=unknown6 ?& V  [* _$ ]7 t
  annually—— Recurring, done, or performed every year; yearly每年的=yearly! B3 N4 m  ]" V3 G" H
  annihilate—— To defeat decisively; vanquish战胜=conquer To defeat or subdue by force, especially by force of arms征服
5 J! c/ X+ C8 l2 x1 \  alloy—— To combine; mix融合;混合=blend, mix2 ]- x: L9 b+ P* E- C8 q
  altitude—— The height of a thing above a reference level, especially above sea level or above the earth's surface高度=elevation
- }, p" {6 \/ U1 Q* V  affluent—— Generously supplied with money, property, or possessions; prosperous or rich富裕的=wealthy! d% H% I' u6 x) C* b* D- a) z
  afflict—— To inflict grievous physical or mental suffering on折磨=problem: V9 F, v: E! M3 Y) m
  affect—— To have or show a liking for喜欢=fondness2 X( }) A0 z2 ?7 k2 m) w( t
  aesthetically—— Artistically有艺术的,在艺术上的=artistically, Q* ]5 W, u3 A$ G6 U, B2 h- d
  adverse—— Acting or serving to oppose; antagonistic敌对的=oppose, ill
: r- @2 C: W6 V5 H1 G  adversely—— harmfully or unfavorable有害的或不利的=negatively Marked by or exhibiting features, such as hostility, that cannot be deemed positive or constructive反面的  o0 i2 q" A* v4 @6 D; `
  advocate—— One that argues for a cause; a supporter or defender支持者或保护者=proponent To speak, plead, or argue in favor of拥护演说=urge, preach
/ ~, ^% |) W: ]+ A- X  adorn—— To lend beauty to; decorate使美观为…增添美;装饰=decorate$ Q6 z7 d2 T5 L$ ]) t+ G! Y: N
  adopt—— To take on or assume采取采用或接受=take on
+ c! u8 @. w# l2 Z# s3 K  brilliance—— The state or quality of being brilliant光辉=radiant8 ^  e+ N1 i' \  L' `8 q! }: R  O& ]
  boundary—— Something that indicates a border or limit边界=dividing line
$ |* K0 r* F' Y- L0 l6 E+ V, b  breach—— A violation or infraction, as of a law, a legal obligation, or a promise破坏,违犯=violation
  u" j# Y5 u; F  boost—— To increase; raise增加;拔高;To raise or lift by pushing up from behind or below推、举=raise
" \: z! f9 A, t  u0 B1 ~* j  blend—— To combine (varieties or grades) to obtain a mixture of a particular character, quality, or consistency把…掺在一起混合=combine, mix, R7 t) c0 o: a$ v3 g% H0 ]% R# h
  bizarre—— Strikingly unconventional and far-fetched in style or appearance; odd古怪的=odd- u& ~5 Y2 S/ |0 |+ t( g
  bias—— A preference or an inclination, especially one that inhibits impartial judgment偏见=prejudice6 K" C6 Y: X! U% |  N  y
  beam—— A ray or shaft of light光柱,光束=ray
# i( M. y5 ~; P  be characterized by——distinguish) F1 j/ |8 r) C2 u7 l' j3 U
  barren—— Lacking vegetation, especially useful vegetation不毛的=infertile/ `/ V# Z+ ^/ K, E# M- s

. g" U% c  s5 _: d  balmy—— Mild and pleasant温和的=mild
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:23 | 显示全部楼层

托业词汇附中英文注释(一)

</p>  comprise—— To consist of; be composed of由…构成=consist of ,make up
, b" X# P  |. \6 y% S+ q" B  conception—— Something conceived in the mind; a concept, plan, design, idea, or thought概念、计划、设计或思想=notion A mental image or representation; an idea or conception心理形象或象征;想法或构思
/ s: `& B( W6 ?- @  composed of ——To create or produce (a literary or musical piece)创作或制作=create
  q8 h3 W  a6 ]7 E0 y# P* B  component—— A constituent element, as of a system组成要素=element, part5 G' w4 a2 B# D5 [
  comparable—— Similar or equivalent相似或相当=similar
2 ^) j% r- C, B: L  compile—— To put together or compose from materials gathered from several sources汇编=put together
$ N5 T# y0 u! j: c1 Q$ z! x  community—— Society as a whole; the public作为整体的社会;大众。Asgroupsof plants and animals living and interacting with one another in a specific region under relatively similar environmental conditions共生动物群的一群植物和动物=settlement, society
9 [+ N* H# q6 Z  commodity—— Something useful that can be turned to commercial or other advantage商品=goods. L' ]1 C( f/ K; y7 a1 P5 g3 {6 @
  coincide—— To happen at the same time or during the same period同时发生=occur at the same time
3 ?' V" H5 z2 l7 O" ]) y  cohesion—— The act, process, or condition of cohering结合=unity The combination or arrangement of partssintosa whole; unification统一
* y% V# e8 l! l8 F  cluster—— To gather or growsintosbunches丛生=concentrate
3 _6 M, t4 W$ I1 A  S' G. f0 b  classify—— To arrange or organize according to class or category分类=categorize
  c- \% g, B' ]  cling to —— v.依附,依靠,坚持=stick to
) h% c' O) j, f1 |" e# G+ R2 k  cite —— To mention or bring forward as support, illustration, or proof引证把…作为支持、说明或证明而提及或提出=mention
; o) U! {& `1 ~# ~  check ——monitor To check the quality or content of (an electronic audio or visual signal) by means of a receiver监听,收听;To check by means of an electronic receiver for significant content, such as military, political, or illegal activity窃听
$ ]; b" X" _* \& I* w; X( J  celestial—— Of or relating to the sky or the heavens天空的=astronomical
6 e3 O* P+ J) h& C  x  cease—— To put an end to; discontinue使…停止;中止=stop
' ~, J# n9 Y8 o  capability—— The quality of being capable; ability能力=ability
5 w$ C1 y: ^/ N5 G  cumbersome —— Troublesome or onerous麻烦的=burdensome
# ~; C1 v8 G1 o; E- f8 d- w  crisscross—— To move back and forth through or over交叉移动move back and forth
/ D3 I2 k. V" b' r5 `/ z  crawl—— To move slowly on the hands and knees or by dragging the body along the ground; creep爬行=creep  h2 ^- j" ~% Z) R" Y
  counterpart—— A copy or duplicate of a legal paper复制品=version An adaptation of a work of art or literaturesintosanother medium or style版本9 ]7 t! ~& K- n, r: T
  counteract—— To oppose and mitigate the effects of by contrary action; check抵制,抵消=negate: O6 M1 o& c) [' d0 D7 Z
  core —— The basic or most important part; the essence核心,本质=center6 b8 G2 f* R  s2 o
  conventional—— Conforming to established practice or accepted standards; traditional传统的=traditional. w) j, }9 H4 c" s+ ?+ @, V1 ?
  contribute to —— v.捐献=donate To present as a gift to a fund or cause; contribute捐赠
0 I. s  W/ K& F5 j/ Q& G  consumption——The act or process of consuming消耗=eating
+ \% {7 K2 }1 _  constrain——To keep within close bounds; confine限制=bound To set a limit to; confine限制. b  e3 u; ^1 b" {% ~6 a, \$ Y. U1 `# }
  constitute——To found (an institution, for example)创建=make up+ B6 y# n2 W) @7 m
  constituent——Serving as part of a whole; component组成的=component
  v/ s; x" K% u6 p7 }, W  constantly——Continually occurring; persistently持续的=continuously
+ \( R" P! n) s9 O) V: [8 F  conspicuous——Attracting attention, as by being unusual or remarkable; noticeable值得注意的=noticeable+ o& [' s& `2 y3 X4 m! m" y& g) c
  consort with ——v.陪伴=associate To keep company陪伴
9 o3 k* ~$ R4 G- C  conserve——To protect from loss or harm; preserve保存,保护=retain vt.留住;保住
# K; i* Z4 Q0 d& _3 ^4 H, f- M$ }  consequence——Something that logically or naturally follows from an action or condition结果=result
! O) _+ o4 T& Z, s; m2 l  conjecture——A statement, an opinion, or a conclusion based on guesswork猜想=based on guessing
( @2 @  }# X1 Q% q  congestion——To be overfilled or overcrowded堵塞=overcrowded, crowded
; C3 c5 Z! R" @: q  conflicting——To be opposing; different对立的,不同的=opposing, contrary# E) {: l" W+ E6 |# o3 @
  confront——To come face to face with, especially with defiance or hostility面对与…面对面的=face To confront with complete awareness面对& J" ?0 R9 Q7 S$ r, m
  confine to ——To keep within bounds; restrict限制=limit, cramp Restrict; narrow受限制; M9 _- y( U" L3 U
  confederacy——A union of persons, parties, or states; a league联盟=ally One that is allied with another, especially by treaty同盟者- n% ?$ K5 j" R
  conceal——To keep from being seen, found, observed, or discovered; hide隐藏=hide
' S* f; z- N$ {, v/ t6 G  dramatically——Arresting or forceful in appearance or effect引人注目的=striking
" \5 `; L0 g. i* x; V' n; {  durable——Lasting; stable持久的;稳定的=lasting
' _; Y# u1 }7 j0 q2 \3 G1 o  domains——[计]域=fields! A( x! T! ^) m* C" p0 Q
  domestic——Tame or domesticated. Used of animals驯养的=tame
# T( _) I7 b; `9 ~5 a# z  dominate——To enjoy a commanding, controlling position in占支配地位=be prevalent in8 d; e8 P  N/ p+ i5 q0 C& Q8 A
  divergence——Difference, as of opinion意见分歧difference: L5 {, H5 {' E1 Y9 \+ b- ~
  diverse——Made up of distinct characteristics, qualities, or elements多种多样的=various
9 M$ L1 \* E* h' l' H+ I1 n5 I  dogma——An authoritative principle, belief, or statement of ideas or opinion, especially one considered to be absolutely true信条=belief
! u3 r' _  }& K. i2 U# Z  distinction——The condition or fact of being dissimilar or distinct; difference差别=difference4 G1 F, N1 `& ^7 |- H0 |8 x( X: Z
  distinct——Readily distinguishable from all others; discrete有区别的,不同的=different, separate, definite
6 X& U2 ^( |' @9 }- ?+ y  dispute——To argue about; debate就…进行争论=argument, disagreement6 {% D' y& f3 Q" v# \
  disseminate——To spread abroad; promulgate散布=spread, distribute% {8 x8 t8 P, [" i) q0 j( W. [
  disposal——The act or process of getting rid of something除掉=get rid of
+ C" f7 @  Z: u7 X1 C  discrete——Constituting a separate thing; distinct分离的=separate Existing as an independent entity单独的
+ l& P1 M4 U* n( ]/ N' G# u  discard——To throw away; reject丢弃,抛弃=get rid of
; L4 g  Q$ I+ ^  diffuse——To become widely dispersed; spread out散布=travel To be transmitted, as light or sound; move or pass传送* @( ]5 c* e9 Y, q
  differentiate——To constitute the distinction between区分=distinguish To perceive as being different or distinct区分
0 w4 N# V+ z0 J9 {  dictate——To prescribe with authority; impose命令;To issue orders or commands命令=determine To reach a decision; resolve解决,决定,=prescribe To set down as a rule or guide; enjoin指定,规定
2 }/ r3 E/ }4 ^) K# b" ~6 ?3 y& C  devastate——To lay waste; destroy变成废墟,荒芜;破坏=ruin
6 f3 ]' v; E* j* C  device——A contrivance or an invention serving a particular purpose, especially a machine used to perform one or more relatively simple tasks机器=instrument A device for recording, measuring, or controlling, especially such a device functioning as part of a control system仪表: n& v+ _: h3 [; a. J
  devoid of ——free of无……的,免于……的;摆脱了……的
: s, B; ^* V0 {: V; L4 J  destruction——The act of destroying毁灭=demolition The act or process of wrecking or destroying, especially destruction by explosives.摧毁破坏  n3 O, }5 w4 i% y5 K) ~& N
  detect——To discover or ascertain the existence, presence, or fact of查明;发现=discover, sense To become aware of; perceive感觉意识到$ G( ~9 R5 m4 g! D7 e' g. m
  detectable——Can be discovered or ascertained the existence, presence, or fact可查明;可发现apparent, measurable,sizable
8 N9 J0 K  A6 j  derive——To obtain or receive from a source得到=obtain,
6 g8 h2 @' ^! {3 z  To issue from a source; originate起源于=stem from$ u' \2 o4 w/ L
  depression——An area that is sunk below its surroundings; a hollow下陷处=low  [( a0 |' L& G. l1 @7 q, ~. v: C9 L
  depressed——Low in spirits; dejected情绪低落的;沮丧的=saddened
6 L  v$ z% G, t: F  deposit——To put or set down; place放置=place, lay
! M8 b/ J! N$ U' s+ R  deplete——To decrease the fullness of; use up or empty out消灭,用完或用光=exhaust, run out* Q+ Z' d! U7 S
  dense——Hard to penetrate; thick浓厚的=thick, heavy% r6 b0 U, y) l1 r" H2 Z
  delicate——Marked by sensitivity of discrimination敏锐的=sensitive
4 P3 G+ z8 O; T- w" Q  Easily broken or damaged脆弱的=fragile2 z& k7 W- Q+ j& d4 ~" c* S
  delicate——Considerate of the feelings of others体贴的=careful, intentionally
) b8 f9 }6 g6 y9 r- p- r8 ^  deft——Quick and skillful; adroit灵巧的=skilled
/ D; C6 P- a2 j1 S3 q- d/ k$ v/ A  extract——To remove for separate consideration or publication; excerpt摘录=remove, G" y/ l+ F4 Q# k" X/ n6 L; O7 g
  extend——To stretch or spread (something) out to greater or fullest length延伸=increase, stretch, outspread
. q5 F! |- ]& ]5 w7 w+ ~  extensive——Large in extent, range, or amount广大的=wide, far from reaching% A# O/ I9 x1 X% I
  exponential——Containing, involving, or expressed as an exponent指数的=rapid, increase  w3 v2 i$ W' n2 E
  exert——To bring to bear; exercise对…施加=apply To putsintosaction使用,运用,=cause
; Q5 i! K, a7 C1 J6 k: @  exhibition——The act or an instance of exhibiting展览=display
! Q7 ]  P/ p8 g% Y  exorbitant——Exceeding all bounds, as of custom or fairness过高的,昂贵的=expensive
2 y0 f0 @2 z& ~; ^% ^  expand——To increase the size, volume, quantity, or scope of; enlarge扩大=increase1 H4 O( C$ A4 i# P
  excessive——Exceeding a normal, usual, reasonable, or proper limit过量的=extreme Extending far beyond the norm过分的- |6 E  ]! _/ g6 m* r
  exclusion——The condition or fact of being excluded.排除或被排除的状态keep out of躲开;置身于…之外
" Y# A( F. G0 g* ?" P  execution——制作=create
% e- ^8 j1 l0 u. Z; A  exalted——Lofty; sublime; noble高的,崇高的;高贵的=superior Of great value or excellence; extraordinary价值巨大或品质优越的;突出的
' Y9 J: [3 @+ t' H- _, v% W  exceed——To be greater than; surpass比…更好;超过=surpass
: ?0 z1 r2 J  J! o% s$ R  excel——To show superiority; surpass others胜过=be superior
9 Q  ~/ B4 Z! W0 A$ Y- A  exceptional——Well above average; extraordinary杰出的=extraordinary
* X0 j2 t( _# \  exceptionally——Deviating widely from a norm, as of physical or mental ability特殊的=abnormally,
. h$ X" n) a+ X# L1 p. r( K0 h4 I; T  Being an exception; uncommon例外的=extremely8 V: N0 @& z& |; P$ A& C# Y1 d
  evident——Easily seen or understood; obvious显然的=apparent Readily understood; clear or obvious显然的
; `* {" T! ]* B. K) l  d  evolve——To undergo gradual change; develop发展=develop/ n3 Q# a2 F; H8 v0 D
  erode——To wear (something) away by or as if by abrasion腐蚀,侵蚀=wear away
  u  \$ L- w. G! t4 }  equivalent——Equal, as in value, force, or meaning相等的=interchangeable That can be interchanged可以相互交换的! r0 n+ q# U6 }, D+ ?
  entity——Something that exists as a particular and discrete unit实体=object Something perceptible by one or more of the senses, especially by vision or touch; a material thing物体6 a; U4 `) H3 v! `9 ^
  enormous——Very great in size, extent, number, or degree巨大的=tremendous, huge0 p8 m( I" p) n. Z
  emit——To give or send out matter or energy发射=give off发出,放出(蒸汽、气味等)
- [+ m7 A9 \* O9 |  employ——To put to use or service投入使用=use/ C* N! g# ]4 A+ i
  enactment——To act (something) out, as on a stage扮演=performance, pass: S( e( Y/ o3 B6 i/ Q
  emerge——To comesintosexistence发生使出现=appear, spring up
1 t1 u& r( }, I. }  embed——To cause to be an integral part of a surrounding whole包埋=encase To enclose in or as if in a case把…装箱
  b& D  e& p+ H2 f  elaborate——To become elaborate变得复杂=complicate To make or become complex or perplexing使复杂或令人困惑
# F* ^8 K/ u, E) V8 }  elaborately——Planned or executed with painstaking attention to numerous parts or details精心制作的=done in great detail
% h, K$ u" T7 W$ g1 I8 M! a0 w0 y  fuse——To mix (constituent elements) together by or as if by melting; blend.熔合=combine2 S# C2 [: c3 W, t
  furnish——To supply; give供应;提供=provide
( d' h. K0 l2 v% @  fragment——A small part broken off or detached.碎片=piece A portion or part that has been separated from a whole/ f5 [/ O; z2 y0 y
  forbid——To command against the doing or use of (something); prohibit严禁=ban: Q6 _% g. o: P- g, `
  forage——To wander in search of food or provisions搜索粮食=feed To give food to; supply with nourishment给予食物
" s; [6 H( k4 l  d3 ]7 O  float——To move from place to place, especially at random漂移=drift along
# ~! T; ?# n6 V" ]" u( P( Y  fertile——Rich in material needed to sustain plant growth肥沃的=rich Abounding, especially in natural resources肥沃的;丰富的$ M* v: D: D: G- i, e( }
  faction——Asgroupsof persons forming a cohesive, usually contentious minority within a larger group小集团=side One of two or more opposing individuals, groups, teams, or sets of opinions派
9 H6 [& d4 y- Q3 n$ ^  graze——To feed on (herbage) in a field or on pastureland放牧=feed
/ ?. V1 |: q) k% v, c  gorgeous——Dazzlingly beautiful or magnificent耀眼的;美丽的;眩目艳丽的=magnificent, beautiful
8 ]7 |& ^. v! m2 G  global——Of, relating to, or involving the entire earth; worldwide全球的=worldwide- i3 w9 X* T& a& j
  give way to ——让路,让步=be replaced by ,=turnsintos+ Y+ G& s1 i8 ]! O' A
  genetic——Affecting or affected by genes影响基因的或被基因影响的=heredity The genetic transmission of characteristics from parent to offspring遣传0 U& C/ M, y/ x7 ]
  gap——An opening in a solid structure or surface; a cleft or breach豁口=opening A breach or an aperture缺口
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-27 13:37 , Processed in 0.182144 second(s), 23 queries .