立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 53|回复: 0

[阅读辅导] 星球大战 第十一章(8)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  A few of the pilots laughed humorlessly. One of them was a teenaged fighter jockey seated next to Luke who bore the unlikely name of Wedge Antilles. Artoo Detoo was there also, seated next to another Artoo unit who emitted a long whistle of hopelessness.  . R9 {7 T0 x* q; i3 |% O" m

9 t" g  x+ m" K* L- _# X7 g3 p  "A two-meter target at maximum speed—with a torpedo, yet," Antilles snorted.  2 ~5 A: `% E. z/ \6 J! T
   & S* j- r% c  V! I
  "That’s impossible even for the computer." "But it’s not impossible," protested Luke. "I used to bulls-eye womp-rats in my T-17 back home. They’re not much bigger than two meters." "Is that so?" the rakishly uniformed youth noted derisively. "Tell me, when you were going after your particular varmint, were there a thousand other, what did you call it, ’womp-rats’ armed with power rifles firing up at you?" He shook his head sadly.  9 Z& G# @( X; W/ f* D7 j0 E/ o
   ' E1 b; e% r; N6 M+ H8 V
  "With all that firepower on the station directed at us, this will take a little more than barnyard marksmanship, believe me." As if to confirm Antilles’ pessimism, Dodonna indicated a string of lights on the ever-changing schematic. "Take special not of these emplacements. There’s a heavy concentration of firepower on the latitudinal axes, was well as several dense circumpolar clusters.  
5 n( }* E" _, Z! F: _   
$ m: h- @7 N" h; r2 Q! ]* G. `  "Also, their field generators will probably create a lot of distortion, especially in and around the trench. I figure that maneuverability in that sector will be less than point three." This produced more murmurs and a few groans from the assembly.  
) L" U  m9 h2 ?9 ~) q+ J7 `   % E9 ?, A/ `& v; u& _
  "Remember," the General went on, "you must achieve a direct hit. Yellow squadron will cover for Red on the first run. Green will cover Blue on the second.  + \& g* q4 H' k1 k: V4 R* H2 V; |
   5 x, F- l6 F* H) g. t9 ^
  Any questions?" a muted buzz filled the room. One man stood, lean and handsome—too much so, it seemed, to be ready to throw away his life for something as abstract as freedom.  
" i1 C. z1 j8 c1 P6 u   
& n; L# r4 Q+ L' X! Z+ O/ _  "What if both runs fail, What happens after that?" Dodonna smiled tightly. "There won’t be any ’after that.’ " The man nodded slowly, understandingly, and sat down. "Anyone else?" Silence now, pregnant with expectation.    J; e, h' d9 v- e! W/ y

# I3 M7 j- E. m$ f) H  "Then man your ships, and may the force be with you." Like oil draining from shallow pot, the seated ranks of men, women, and machines rose and flowed toward the exits.  
% s, Y! n5 j  o   
. G8 G* U( m4 l2 k  Elevators hummed busily, lifting more and more deadly shapes from buried depths to the staging area in the primary temple hangar as Luke, Threepio, and Artoo Detoo walked toward the hangar entrance.  
" Z  X; v! x& n2 t   ' I4 g4 P( ]4 b4 j
  Neither the bustling flight crews, nor the pilots performing final checkouts, nor the massive sparks thrown off as power couplings were disconnected captured Luke’s attention at the moment. Instead, it was held by the activity of two far more familiar figures.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 19:38 , Processed in 0.378121 second(s), 21 queries .