立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 71|回复: 0

[阅读辅导] 阅读辅导资料:阅读词汇附中英文注释(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
house——A structure serving as a dwelling for one or more persons, especially for a family房屋=dwelling,; ^7 _$ {+ |2 m; h$ t3 G# q
    To contain; harbor收容;隐藏=contain To have within; hold包含;容纳
) N) {% a* @( O2 {    homogeneous——Uniform in structure or composition throughout同质的=uniform Unvaried in texture, color, or design均质的% \6 F* M9 T0 Y+ \4 c
    herald——To proclaim; announce公布;宣布=announce9 x" H! i) l8 v2 w3 n; U: u
    heritage——Something that is passed down from preceding generations; a tradition遗留物,传统=tradition
, W8 o# j. i9 Y7 f- x6 B* \9 C% K    harshness——Being extremely severe or exacting; stern严厉=acid Biting, sarcastic, or scornful尖刻的1 g1 ?* {# ^+ n
    harness——To bring under control and direct the force of统治,管理,支配=utilize To put to use, especially to find a profitable or practical use for利用! o  i2 R% s) F/ v8 `, ]/ ?
    hail——To greet or acclaim enthusiastically喝彩=acclaim
' H: F# H* a. f8 Q    integrate——To makesintosa whole by bringing all parts together; unify使结合=unify
% Y1 O7 y5 r2 D$ A( j) A    integral——Essential or necessary for completeness; constituent必须的;应有的=essential Basic or indispensable; necessary基本的,必须的
5 m6 k) \- C: R& H8 s0 _    institution—— An established organization or foundation, especially one dedicated to education, public service, or culture机构=establishment A public or private institution, such as a hospital or school私人或公共机构3 E& x! j* K, I% p
    insight——The capacity to discern the true nature of a situation; penetration洞察力=understanding The faculty by which one understands; intelligence理解力5 K9 z  {: D& j$ Z
    inspire——To affect, guide, or arouse by divine influence使受神灵的;感召的=fire the imagination of
# }! }4 I4 `6 m$ R; g    ingredient——An element in a mixture or compound; a constituent成份=component A constituent element, as of a system成分系统的组成要素' G5 X' T7 \" b6 ]8 _
    inhabit—— To live or reside in居住=occupy To dwell or reside in居住. x( A9 C) X# \5 o) b. D0 O5 r
    inhabitant——One that inhabits a place, especially as a permanent resident居民=resident
( K& p9 b% c+ p" Y9 x+ v. O    inhibit——To hold back; restrain抑制;限制=hinder To interfere with action or progress阻碍,= curb To check, restrain, or control as if with a curb; rein in抑制/ m( n8 x  W  _
    innumerable——Too numerous to be counted; numberless无数的=countless1 T- j) N& }3 M7 U1 y; N
    influx——A mass arrival or incoming汇集=arrival
2 O% z3 l1 c( v, _: S& [    inevitably——Impossible to avoid or prevent必然的,不能规避或避免的=unavoidably
, A0 O) x2 W( c$ k/ L1 B- S6 |8 @    inclination——A characteristic disposition to do, prefer, or favor one thing rather than another; a propensity爱好去做=preference The state of being preferred偏爱
& v# m. `$ f9 M4 v    inadequate——Not adequate to fulfill a need or meet a requirement; insufficient不足的=deficient, insufficient: r) a  ^; G( W# `5 |4 ^, {) C
    impose——To apply or make prevail by or as if by authority强制实行=demand To ask for urgently or peremptorily要求迫切或专横要求
* n  q; [% B9 m6 g    implement——A tool or an instrument used in doing work工具=tool
2 V( c2 Y2 c5 c: {    immunity——The quality or condition of being immune免除,免疫=protection$ ?; O. b% ^& r# p* t  C
    illustrate——To provide (a publication) with explanatory or decorative features图解=picture To make a visible representation of展示
* \# x: v4 K) l  D( [    identify——To ascertain the origin, nature, or definitive characteristics of确认=spot To detect or discern, especially visually; spy辩认1 a" O1 }  Y& ^4 x
    jolt——To disturb suddenly and severely; stun震惊=shock Something that jars the mind or emotions as if with a violent, unexpected blow.震惊
% Q- ?( {, i% i2 r2 R/ i4 [, x1 q$ `- }    myth——A fictitious story, person, or thing传说=legend An unverified story handed down from earlier times, especially one popularly believed to be historical传说4 \( S6 l& S' s# t+ j  I1 a
    noxious——Harmful to living things; injurious to health有害的=harmful
: r5 z) [. o' L7 x+ b1 j2 l# x    narrate——To give an account or a description叙述或描绘=recount To narrate the facts or particulars of详细叙述
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-7-6 17:26 , Processed in 0.180866 second(s), 21 queries .