立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 105|回复: 1

[阅读辅导] 阅读辅导资料:阅读词汇附中英文注释(3)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
surging—— To increase suddenly. Used of electric current or voltage猛增=accelerating  S( f3 T; ]$ U& {
    surpass—— To be or go beyond, as in degree or quality; exceed胜过=exceed, outrun
# ?+ E) }' _  H2 S8 o    sustain—— To keep in existence; maintain继续生存;维持=maintain5 p& B$ }  w$ s
    sustenance—— Something, especially food, that sustains life or health营养物,尤指食物=fare Food and drink; diet食物和饮料  r  p: H0 f2 a
    Means of livelihood生计=livelihood
1 D) f' O1 Y: ^% V6 [4 E    supplement——Something added to complete a thing, make up for a deficiency, or extend or strengthen the whole补充物,用来完成某事、补充不足、扩展或加强=extension0 Q4 O9 p! ~* Q
    An addition that increases the area, influence, operation, or contents of something扩大9 @1 o* Y1 J. L2 G9 X4 q
    supreme——Greatest in importance, degree, significance, character, or achievement最重要的=outstanding% Y+ I3 w7 ~2 `  x( o  M+ Z
    succinct——Characterized by clear, precise expression in few words; concise and terse简明的=concise3 w/ W' f5 L: w* o. P
    sufficient——Being as much as is needed充足的=adequate
9 Q. y, N& V# y: S7 j* @# S) h2 I5 V7 K    sumptuous——Of a size or splendor suggesting great expense; lavish豪华的;花费奢侈的=luxurious
4 X2 d* _1 J! h7 q' _    substantial——Considerable in importance, value, degree, amount, or extent有重大价值的=considerable Worthy of consideration; significant重要的
" o$ \" z! ?4 a; h    substitute——One that takes the place of another; a replacement代用品=replacement, in place of代替* {: o, l" L, [! b1 T3 n0 n2 [
    subsidize——To assist or support with a subsidy以津贴补助=finance To supply funds to给…提供资金) Z$ g, o$ G8 l  j- Z8 H
    subtle——So slight as to be difficult to detect or analyze; elusive纤细的,细小的=slight
* F1 v  S3 X4 T3 O- a    submit——提出,提交=present提出;呈递6 _* D/ L+ Y8 w
    subsidy——Monetary assistance granted by a government to a person orsgroupsin support of an enterprise regarded as being in the public interest补助金=financing融通资金/ h5 i8 m' |  c2 t4 H1 a
    subject to ——在……条件下;易受……的侵袭;受控制=expose to, susceptible to2 R2 z2 r8 |. \: q" l! ]
    stretch——A continuous or unbroken length, area, or expanse连续不断的长度,地区或空间=span The extent or measure of space between two points or extremities, as of a bridge or roof; the breadth跨度两点或两端间的空间  Q" X( F2 X) `9 O
    strike——To engage in a strike against an employer罢工=walkout" {9 Q7 T  S+ B5 M
    To come to; attain来到;到达= make contact with  h" p5 U: k' u5 N) |6 X
    striking—— Arresting the attention and producing a vivid impression on the sight or the mind.惹人注目的=prominent Immediately noticeable; conspicuous显眼的
% `6 Z! Z6 B0 ~$ f    stringent—— Imposing rigorous standards of performance; severe严格的=strict7 E; f, V: t( H' {  r, e, n5 q2 v
    stimulus—— Something that incites or rouses to action; an incentive激发物=motivate6 s2 R% I/ W6 J  N
    strain ——To pull, draw, or stretch tight拉紧=tension The act or process of stretching something tight拉紧" |: F& O& a& ]
    stationary—— Not capable of being moved; fixed不能被移动的;固定的=fixed, immobile  L" T3 C* ~, C( @0 r
    status——Position relative to that of others; standing地位=standing# O% }6 @7 ]6 J) d3 \* v- }) x
    sticky——shavingsthe property of adhering or sticking to a surface; adhesive粘的=adhere, cement
* j  s1 |8 \- D6 {    staple—— A basic or principal element or feature主要成分,基本成分=basic element4 [3 n6 W' Z5 q1 v4 x! s- h4 K5 F
    squirt—— To issue forth in a thin forceful stream or jet; spurt喷=spurt out v.喷出" g% j. `' g& D9 A% h7 d8 R
    staggering—— Causing great astonishment, amazement, or dismay; overwhelming令人大为吃惊、惊讶或沮丧的;使束手无策的=overwhelming- m. _/ }9 P3 U: S5 {  u
    spur—— To incite or stimulate刺激,鞭策=stimulate
6 t4 g% \& B  I5 G- P7 C' E    speculate about—— To assume to be true without conclusive evidence推测=hypothesize To assert as a hypothesis假设
& ]$ i/ O6 @7 _) J    spinal——Of, relating to, or situated near the spine or spinal cord; vertebral脊柱的=backbone3 {* h5 ?) Z3 H5 n! ?% m. w6 e
    spark—— To set in motion; activate发动;触发=bring about引起;致使;造成;达成
5 t9 e* |& i7 [* Q/ b+ w    spawn—— To give rise to; engender造成;使产生=create
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:23 | 显示全部楼层

阅读辅导资料:阅读词汇附中英文注释(3)

solemn—— Deeply earnest, serious, and sober庄严的,极认真的,严肃的=serious3 q/ l5 ^5 h5 i( w, }
    slope——declivity A downward slope, as of a hill斜坡# S! v+ _, w6 X, g) C# T
    smother—— To suffocate (another)使窒息=eliminate To get rid of; remove消灭;消除
: [# `7 J* K. M" q# G+ H    snap—— To pull apart or break with a snapping sound折断=break" r% Q; J# {- r- b2 M5 C- v; Q$ k
    signify—— To denote; mean表示…的意思=denote) Q0 N8 k: ~. Q/ Y4 n1 o8 f
    simultaneously——同时存在[发生]地=concurrently同时发生的,并存的;合作的
8 q$ L6 f$ D% p9 H6 k4 A    skepticism—— A doubting or questioning attitude or state of mind; dubiety怀疑态度=doubt
4 g& _# G( `" T7 w( L    shield—— To protect or defend with or as if with a shield; guard保护、防卫=protect
# u% `6 e& L( s; t$ Q/ Q0 d    secrete—— To conceal in a hiding place; cache躲藏=produce??
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 20:26 , Processed in 0.585556 second(s), 23 queries .