立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 39|回复: 0

[阅读辅导] 阅读辅导资料:阅读词汇附中英文注释(5)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
dictate——To prescribe with authority; impose命令;To issue orders or commands命令=determine To reach a decision; resolve解决,决定,=prescribe To set down as a rule or guide; enjoin指定,规定6 E' `  n% a! y7 Y7 b) H/ l) m9 A
   devastate——To lay waste; destroy变成废墟,荒芜;破坏=ruin+ t9 |: S$ m: I' m; \9 o
   device——A contrivance or an invention serving a particular purpose, especially a machine used to perform one or more relatively simple tasks机器=instrument A device for recording, measuring, or controlling, especially such a device functioning as part of a control system仪表
; z: C, p) i: m& f) ]# @! `* e   devoid of ——free of无……的,免于……的;摆脱了……的, x1 C# v7 {) |/ \
   destruction——The act of destroying毁灭=demolition The act or process of wrecking or destroying, especially destruction by explosives.摧毁破坏: G% r# I" R& X/ t0 _
   detect——To discover or ascertain the existence, presence, or fact of查明;发现=discover, sense To become aware of; perceive感觉意识到
, F9 z' U$ \: X$ o! \   detectable——Can be discovered or ascertained the existence, presence, or fact可查明;可发现apparent, measurable,sizable
5 ^1 \( [, V2 Y, ]7 v& \7 F   derive——To obtain or receive from a source得到=obtain," n9 y; R& ^+ b8 @/ V
   To issue from a source; originate起源于=stem from
8 ]% o0 m( f: g. a   depression——An area that is sunk below its surroundings; a hollow下陷处=low3 C5 C1 f0 L) X' b9 O
   depressed——Low in spirits; dejected情绪低落的;沮丧的=saddened
$ a6 X: z: Y  P7 w   deposit——To put or set down; place放置=place, lay# K" M( X* C. n2 S% e4 X' O
   deplete——To decrease the fullness of; use up or empty out消灭,用完或用光=exhaust, run out) s* Q! r/ z( b1 X, M7 y0 `3 @
   dense——Hard to penetrate; thick浓厚的=thick, heavy. T* g7 E8 q$ f) C
   delicate——Marked by sensitivity of discrimination敏锐的=sensitive
0 R( C% o  w, @   Easily broken or damaged脆弱的=fragile
1 X$ h8 x0 S8 t: o  e+ C. \$ H   delicate——Considerate of the feelings of others体贴的=careful, intentionally+ W2 c0 d. V$ K5 j4 m
   deft——Quick and skillful; adroit灵巧的=skilled
& ^" C! p6 j' c6 t" K3 H) p   extract——To remove for separate consideration or publication; excerpt摘录=remove. B2 r, }4 W. g( n# Z- K; j( }
   extend——To stretch or spread (something) out to greater or fullest length延伸=increase, stretch, outspread
+ o8 ^+ Z2 |$ {0 \+ U% V   extensive——Large in extent, range, or amount广大的=wide, far from reaching: V8 k! D4 _/ ^
   exponential——Containing, involving, or expressed as an exponent指数的=rapid, increase
* k' u4 U+ `* _% b/ }$ u: d   exert——To bring to bear; exercise对…施加=apply To putsintosaction使用,运用,=cause
  Y+ ~* Q# L1 m   exhibition——The act or an instance of exhibiting展览=display
! U$ Z+ n2 T1 m2 u! U# Z   exorbitant——Exceeding all bounds, as of custom or fairness过高的,昂贵的=expensive$ _, m& D2 P  R, `: i
   expand——To increase the size, volume, quantity, or scope of; enlarge扩大=increase
" m# k0 o% B/ a4 F   excessive——Exceeding a normal, usual, reasonable, or proper limit过量的=extreme Extending far beyond the norm过分的
2 |0 t0 j# d' v& h" t   exclusion——The condition or fact of being excluded.排除或被排除的状态keep out of躲开;置身于…之外, M' s* I9 o0 G' ~1 z! I  D
   execution——制作=create& Q3 q) x# q4 K1 e4 J; J
   exalted——Lofty; sublime; noble高的,崇高的;高贵的=superior Of great value or excellence; extraordinary价值巨大或品质优越的;突出的
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-7-6 16:07 , Processed in 0.151940 second(s), 21 queries .