立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 59|回复: 0

[阅读辅导] 托业考试备考辅导资料精选阅读文章10

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  【Cyburkey Thursday: the Wired Thanksgiving】5 m& B# x& \; k# ?
  【Introduction】6 m0 u" d6 P1 @- T( ]
  On Thanksgiving, the internet is often used for looking up recipes.Try to memorize your childhood and feel warm from this article,although the festival is not popular here in our country.1 }  k% r# t% D, u' Q0 S
  11月的第四个星期四是感恩节。感恩节是美国人民独创的一个古老节日,也是美国人合家欢聚的节日,因此美国人提起感恩节总是备感亲切。
! D+ k" W% a) b) B  美国国定假日中最地道、最美国式的节日( holiday ),它和早期美国历史最为密切相关。+ g, k! k0 }( f; M, e
  1620年,一些朝拜者乘坐"五月花"号船去美国寻求宗教自由。他们在海上颠簸了两个月之后,终于在酷寒的十一月里,在现在的马莎塞州的普里茅斯登陆。在第一个冬天,半数以上的移民都死于( die )饥饿和传染病,活下来的人们在第一个春季即1621年开始播种。整个夏天( summer )他们都热切地盼望着丰收的到来,他们深知自己的生存以及殖民地的存在都将取决于即将到来的收成。最后( finally ),庄稼获得了意外的丰收,为了感谢上帝赐予的丰收,举行了3天的狂欢活动。从此,这一习俗就沿续下来,并逐渐风行各地。1863年,美国总统林肯宣布每年十一月的第四个星期四为感恩节。感恩节庆祝活动便定在这一天,直到如今.届时,家家团聚,举国同庆,其盛大、热烈的情形,不亚于中国人过春节。7 I  l1 f% K' d3 l: x8 M+ u2 T4 D
  感恩节庆祝模式许多年来从未改变。丰盛的家宴早在几个月之前就开始着手准备。人们在餐桌上可以吃到苹果、桔子、栗子、胡桃和葡萄,还有葡萄干 布丁、碎肉馅饼、各种其他食物以及红莓苔汁和鲜果汁,其中最妙和最吸引人的大菜是烤火鸡( roast turkey )和南瓜馅饼( pumpkin pie ),这些菜一直是感恩节中最富于传统和最受人喜爱的食品( food )。
& m# f$ ~: N' [5 S/ P! r. ~  人人都赞成感恩节大餐必需以烤火鸡为主菜。火鸡在烘烤时要以面包作填料以吸收从中流出来的美味汁液,但烹饪技术常因家庭和地区的不同而各异,应用什么填料也就很难求得一致。
& A( D8 |" p" c7 E, s6 a& W  【Section One】Article
! L* P. D. s  d' P  Cyburkey Thursday: the Wired Thanksgiving
: _. Y0 m- L6 B  R1 X. l, w  From games of touch football with my older brother on the front lawn to the aroma of roasted turkey, fresh-baked rolls and sweet potato casserole that filled our home, my fondest memories of childhood revolve around Thanksgiving Day, my favorite holiday. Kids today may have similar memories to cherish as they get older, but they'll probably also have a few others that didn't exist in the pre-Internet era, when I was coming up: "Thanksgiving Screensavers," for example, or "Thanksgiving Day Excel Templates" and "Thanksgiving MySpace profile themes." (People really search for these things online. I can't make this stuff up.)
5 V( G: a6 D# E0 D3 T$ @  There are lots of surprises, actually, when you look at Thanksgiving Day Internet activity. Contrary to industry buzz, the busiest day for online shopping, in terms of market-share of site visits, isn't Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) or even Cyber Monday (the following Monday). For the past four years, it's been Thanksgiving Day itself — I need a catchy phrase, like Brown Thursday or perhaps Cyburkey Day — when we rush to our computers to surf the retail sites, perhaps to kill time while the bird is roasting or to start our holiday buying research. Hitwise data reveals that a good portion of Internet traffic on Thanksgiving is research related — many people are searching for information on the biggest offline shopping day of the year, Black Friday.
) k( Y! c3 E& d' [  z* `  The week of Thanksgiving also marks the year's lowest volume of searches on the term "diet." And it marks the peak of online searches for the term "depression," perhaps related to the failure to stick with our diets or, more likely, because we're stuck with — or without — our families. The good news, however, is that searches for "depression" and popular antidepressant medications have declined overall since Thanksgiving 2006.
$ I. Y5 `* z8 s) s; H, u  Another search that hits a peak around Thanksgiving is "engagement rings" — that term logs the most searches during the week before Thanksgiving and during the week of Valentine's Day. Offline, most jewelers report that the busiest weeks for engagement ring shopping are those between Chrismas and New Year's (probably because most proposals occur on either Christmas Day or New Year's Eve).
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-28 12:26 , Processed in 0.418702 second(s), 21 queries .