[阅读辅导] 托业考试备考辅导资料精选阅读文章39

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  【Introduction】
1 T( }0 q! H4 h  `- {  飞利浦的研发团队发明了这样奇特的衣服:不仅漂亮,还能让别人知道你的感受。
2 {; K$ o% `8 @5 k: [( R  【Section One】Article- s) q2 v1 H9 s0 q
  Emotive Clothing
* k0 k+ @, Q6 F: Y' ~0 x8 T) N  The Bubelle Blush Dress+ m3 I1 g; F( L4 \1 q
  The inner layer of this outfit is equipped with sensors that respond to the changes in the wearer's emotions and project them onto the textile on the outer layer.3 H6 K. A% q: \! U' A; u( N
  The Frisson7 k* d: `2 j3 x5 u4 A" y
  This body suit incorporates hundreds of miniature LEDs which are attached to sensitive electronic hairs covering the surface of the body. They light up when they are brushed or blown on.  g6 h# W5 Q4 Z1 w
  Inspiration& U# w" \+ e, a' g( s: ]1 R" Y
  A sketch of the Frisson evokes the designer's intention.% W* W$ q: v: d3 Y1 V6 K
  Glow in the Dark
8 `1 f4 n' X5 I( I. H5 T& u  The Bubelle Dress relies on miniature projectors for its effect.
; J, o9 _$ N, a+ d$ \- q  Dynamic9 f2 D  k! Y% l# }' E! l& N
  According to the designers, the Frisson LEDs light up in the same way that the skin would tingle, blush or shiver when blown on or stimulated.1 H2 j7 ]+ l4 S7 s# B
  Elegant
: N1 e" d; S( D) Q8 G" a  The researchers sought to challenge the idea that a digital world is automatically a better world. Their work exploits technologies that are more sensitive than "intelligent".: M, u& W  B, w; ]% P
  Prototype1 o3 l0 N, Q( G% b' M
  At present, neither outfit is available for sale.5 `% j2 z# G, D4 m5 t' i
  Blue Bubelle( s& J& @$ B1 l+ @2 ]
  Though the colors the dress creates can be interpreted in a variety of ways, the designers say that red tends to denote strong emotions, while blue reflects more mild states of mind.8 E- j8 x- J; m
  A New Functionality  z# ]4 J: l; o
  The design team continues to develop devices which are responsive to subtle triggers like sensuality, affection and sensation.
) T$ }/ Y5 T3 Q: x0 X( `3 |$ Z) U' C  Fashion Statement
* f7 ?1 F$ D* `  According to Clive van Heerden, the project director, it is quite possible in the future that "we will no longer have objects like music contained on disks or books that are actually printed. An opportunity is therefore emerging for us to completely rethink our interaction with products and content."
+ Q. P0 C: \" p5 i0 A. N  【Section Two】Vocabulary9 P5 y3 r( ?; g; l* J
  1. outfit  n.用具, 配备,全套装配;vt.配备, 装备
0 ], T4 \' l  B2 C+ [' }  2. sensor  n.传感器; F6 j! s; ]/ _! n3 T
  3. textile  n.纺织品,adj.纺织的6 X) p6 W. G$ `4 N( m
  4. evoke  vt.唤起, 引起, 博得
' h2 ?& {/ m* H  5. LED abbr. 发光二级管 (light-emitting diode)
# f. ^8 ~2 r/ S3 W" x  6. Inspiration  n. 灵感/ R1 U* k& ^8 K4 f
  7. shiver  v. 颤抖, 打碎, 碎裂;n. 颤抖, 碎片& _6 Q/ k7 Z2 X
  8. elegant  adj. 文雅的, 端庄的, 雅致的" |5 t) k( K; O2 A7 n2 O( E, H8 ]
  9. trigger  vt. 引发, 引起, 触发;n. 板机7 `% d9 y" @6 B2 A9 i3 `7 m
  10. sensation  n. 感觉, 感情, 感动, 耸人听闻的# `5 E" i% R6 ]1 A1 u
  【Section Three】Homework* v  m7 ]* v* h
  1. Please translate the blue sentence into Chinese.
$ j0 K9 a$ H7 M7 o% U  "The inner layer of this outfit is equipped with sensors that respond to the changes in the wearer's emotions and project them onto the textile on the outer layer."/ S0 @: c7 r. Y6 j1 E4 T
  2. The article mentioned "At present, the outfit is available for sale." Right? Why?; @7 D, F: |, h/ J
  3. Which clothing do you prefer? Why?
9 l* Y6 m; T" S% _/ Z  答案:; e2 p3 q, d0 l$ v
  1. 这件衣服内层安置的传感器能感应到穿衣者情绪的变化,并通过衣服外层的纺织材料将此变化展现出来。(仅供参考)
; n0 \( h+ t% {7 {+ N6 W3 l$ ~  2. False! You can find the correct answer in the Article. Text: "At present, neither outfit is available for sale."  ?/ p8 \  c" V* c
  3. Free talk, no standard answer.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 13:36 , Processed in 0.423281 second(s), 21 queries .