立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 72|回复: 0

[阅读辅导] 备考商业托福阅读素材整理49

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  "Soon, Lord Vader," the admiral answered, trembling in fear. ; ]9 d& g$ k5 t+ l' D* @: j
  "Yes, Admiral…" Darth Vader said slowly, "…soon." Two gigantic asteroids hurtled toward the Millennium Falcon. Its pilot quickly made a daring banking maneuver that brought it skirring out of the path of those two asteroids, nearly to collide with a third.0 `2 b3 C% G, I% W1 }
  As the Falcon darted in and out of the asteroid field, it was followed closely by three Imperial TIE fighters that veered through the rocks in hot pursuit. Suddenly one of the three was fatally scraped by a shapeless chunk of rock and spun off in another direction, hopelessly out of control. The other two TIE fighters continued their chase, accompanied by the Star Destroyer Avenger, which was blasting speeding asteroid in its path.* z1 {! \9 h; J) O& q, c
  Han Solo glimpsed the pursuing ships through the windows of his cockpit as he spun his craft around, speeding under yet another oncoming asteroid, then bringing the freighter back to its right-side-up position. But the Millennium Falcon was not yet out of danger. Asteroids were still streaking past the freighter. A small one bounced off the ship with a loud, reverberating clang, terrifying Chewbacca and causing See-Threepio to cover his eye lenses with a bronzed hand.' Q% @- E5 ~+ C) X/ c
  Han glanced at Leia and saw that she was sitting stone-faced as she stared at the swarm of asteroids. It looked to him as if she wished she were thousands of miles away.4 e9 N5 J2 z5 v7 K4 b# ?
  "Well," he remarked, "you said you wanted to be around when I was wrong." She didn't look at him. "I take it back." "That Star Destroyer is slowing down," Han announced, checking his computer readings.$ g* P5 z; m7 x- U' R" Y. A" i5 o' F
  "Good," she replied shortly.
. }  K4 Q* l# {3 L# ?  The view outside the cockpit was still thick with racing asteroids. "We're going to get pulverized if we stay out here much longer," he observed.
* W* O8 x+ H( ]2 a9 E  "I'm against that," Leia remarked dryly.# O# Z0 y( t" D9 W1 x8 [0 {0 f
  "We've got to get out of this shower." "That make sense." "I'm going to get in closer to one of the big ones," Han added.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 18:34 , Processed in 0.225020 second(s), 21 queries .