立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 96|回复: 1

[阅读辅导] 商业托福 考试(TOEIC)阅读高频词汇(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
brilliance—— The state or quality of being brilliant光辉=radiant  boundary—— Something that indicates a border or limit边界=dividing line/ v& X# V' f# H. D5 j" a$ G
  breach—— A violation or infraction, as of a law, a legal obligation, or a promise破坏,违犯=violation: A7 E% V- Y2 t' Z
  boost—— To increase; raise增加;拔高;To raise or lift by pushing up from behind or below推、举=raise) g' A# J0 x$ W0 Y
  blend—— To combine (varieties or grades) to obtain a mixture of a particular character, quality, or consistency把…掺在一起混合=combine, mix& Y& j0 U* F: g6 C( b" P3 n9 ]( L5 d
  bizarre—— Strikingly unconventional and far-fetched in style or appearance; odd古怪的=odd
2 L0 F/ K' F$ L. L8 q+ V- \6 y  bias—— A preference or an inclination, especially one that inhibits impartial judgment偏见=prejudice
4 s  \! L6 G3 a; R  beam—— A ray or shaft of light光柱,光束=ray
' W" j& w; Y$ [6 v' \/ X  e  d  be characterized by——distinguish
( T0 x# q" x3 j+ b$ Y+ O- X4 f  barren—— Lacking vegetation, especially useful vegetation不毛的=infertile
5 l: x* J8 n: j( H) ]3 ^  balmy—— Mild and pleasant温和的=mild
1 I* S2 v% D& b, d: m9 ^: r  comprise—— To consist of; be composed of由…构成=consist of ,make up
# o/ T7 J0 p2 N1 H/ V& q( |  conception—— Something conceived in the mind; a concept, plan, design, idea, or thought概念、计划、设计或思想=notion A mental image or representation; an idea or conception心理形象或象征;想法或构思
- z! m- _) C3 g# x  composed of ——To create or produce (a literary or musical piece)创作或制作=create
  a% W! ?4 ?) q1 _  component—— A constituent element, as of a system组成要素=element, part" L' h1 J$ m2 t& U8 n- V6 n* r
  comparable—— Similar or equivalent相似或相当=similar
: @' \( E2 B& O* V0 ]5 R1 |$ m  compile—— To put together or compose from materials gathered from several sources汇编=put together
  E1 y5 U$ r/ x6 |7 L& b1 `  community—— Society as a whole; the public作为整体的社会;大众。Asgroupsof plants and animals living and interacting with one another in a specific region under relatively similar environmental conditions共生动物群的一群植物和动物=settlement, society
" P  [" w5 o4 g: P+ w5 u  commodity—— Something useful that can be turned to commercial or other advantage商品=goods
1 S) G! n: v1 s5 Y  coincide—— To happen at the same time or during the same period同时发生=occur at the same time
& l3 C8 W/ p7 ]( n8 V, \7 b* C  cohesion—— The act, process, or condition of cohering结合=unity The combination or arrangement of partssintosa whole; unification统一
# E, e& v% `: o; B  cluster—— To gather or growsintosbunches丛生=concentrate) J  S' o3 d2 p) ~  e5 I8 m
  classify—— To arrange or organize according to class or category分类=categorize
, ]8 n1 g/ p; h# X/ B  cling to —— v.依附,依靠,坚持=stick to
( R+ {8 U* N& Z( `" K) H5 d  cite —— To mention or bring forward as support, illustration, or proof引证把…作为支持、说明或证明而提及或提出=mention
* b' a" Z3 P' H  check ——monitor To check the quality or content of (an electronic audio or visual signal) by means of a receiver监听,收听;To check by means of an electronic receiver for significant content, such as military, political, or illegal activity窃听 celestial—— Of or relating to the sky or the heavens天空的=astronomical5 ?; G$ \& d% ^/ c2 ^" U) j2 L
  cease—— To put an end to; discontinue使…停止;中止=stop
: s. M9 u& R' X( c  capability—— The quality of being capable; ability能力=ability
. `* _7 i7 l* g+ U& A1 Y  cumbersome —— Troublesome or onerous麻烦的=burdensome
! @+ Y% r: O9 w* W; f  crisscross—— To move back and forth through or over交叉移动move back and forth
& t6 \9 K( R- E+ I  crawl—— To move slowly on the hands and knees or by dragging the body along the ground; creep爬行=creep7 [! Y, e) O/ n
  counterpart—— A copy or duplicate of a legal paper复制品=version An adaptation of a work of art or literaturesintosanother medium or style版本! _/ R9 ^5 I/ b/ t3 H6 G' r
  counteract—— To oppose and mitigate the effects of by contrary action; check抵制,抵消=negate
+ T1 H) j% w: M# p$ Q  K/ C  core —— The basic or most important part; the essence核心,本质=center# w( P# t& D& |1 W
  conventional—— Conforming to established practice or accepted standards; traditional传统的=traditional8 M5 I( f4 p6 h2 o
  contribute to —— v.捐献=donate To present as a gift to a fund or cause; contribute捐赠0 f8 F; E# S* `* w+ S4 R
  consumption——The act or process of consuming消耗=eating7 U* k% j8 N  G. f. }; Q1 v
  constrain——To keep within close bounds; confine限制=bound To set a limit to; confine限制
4 o3 i, z9 c4 a" s  constitute——To found (an institution, for example)创建=make up+ E1 H/ ^. \+ u6 _
  constituent——Serving as part of a whole; component组成的=component
8 b( ]8 ]6 {$ \! J+ f1 k  ~( T
$ ^% Z# S: ~  z, l0 S  constantly——Continually occurring; persistently持续的=continuously
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:23 | 显示全部楼层

商业托福 考试(TOEIC)阅读高频词汇(2)

</p>  conspicuous——Attracting attention, as by being unusual or remarkable; noticeable值得注意的=noticeable: ^. m2 {4 {- m" I) v' V
  consort with ——v.陪伴=associate To keep company陪伴. S4 S% K# m5 t6 R- V5 `
  conserve——To protect from loss or harm; preserve保存,保护=retain vt.留住;保住
% u7 S+ b; v# j* Y2 s! J  consequence——Something that logically or naturally follows from an action or condition结果=result
9 z* Q% U# B/ [- t. b& ~  conjecture——A statement, an opinion, or a conclusion based on guesswork猜想=based on guessing. d7 O2 S( p% J, Z# x, E) E
  congestion——To be overfilled or overcrowded堵塞=overcrowded, crowded+ c$ s2 g. M: y" V% T
  conflicting——To be opposing; different对立的,不同的=opposing, contrary
- R4 o3 w; i3 y2 t  confront——To come face to face with, especially with defiance or hostility面对与…面对面的=face To confront with complete awareness面对% `- u4 Y/ g# O6 g0 e: `, |
  confine to ——To keep within bounds; restrict限制=limit, cramp Restrict; narrow受限制外语学习网2 a# H2 P! h) c* ^$ ~+ C
  confederacy——A union of persons, parties, or states; a league联盟=ally One that is allied with another, especially by treaty同盟者
$ V+ r2 v8 e) H6 s; ~  conceal——To keep from being seen, found, observed, or discovered; hide隐藏=hide
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-28 12:24 , Processed in 0.249760 second(s), 23 queries .