立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 105|回复: 1

[阅读辅导] 商业托福 考试(TOEIC)阅读高频词汇(9)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
surging—— To increase suddenly. Used of electric current or voltage猛增=accelerating  surpass—— To be or go beyond, as in degree or quality; exceed胜过=exceed, outrun( C: x4 O2 @! x8 q- a
  sustain—— To keep in existence; maintain继续生存;维持=maintain
; h4 G4 Y5 z2 l7 ^4 \" [  sustenance—— Something, especially food, that sustains life or health营养物,尤指食物=fare Food and drink; diet食物和饮料7 K- `5 U" t/ G8 f/ {7 g/ u
  Means of livelihood生计=livelihood
/ x- h: \" k" ^6 k- b0 o  supplement——Something added to complete a thing, make up for a deficiency, or extend or strengthen the whole补充物,用来完成某事、补充不足、扩展或加强=extension
' V9 g3 S4 e, W$ l* ^  An addition that increases the area, influence, operation, or contents of something扩大) F1 q5 ]/ E3 Y8 Q" R1 V
  supreme——Greatest in importance, degree, significance, character, or achievement最重要的=outstanding$ R) C( C- w+ Y$ D. B
  succinct——Characterized by clear, precise expression in few words; concise and terse简明的=concise
0 u8 y. _# J- Y* a  sufficient——Being as much as is needed充足的=adequate7 m# ]9 C% y9 o9 v( W) r
  sumptuous——Of a size or splendor suggesting great expense; lavish豪华的;花费奢侈的=luxurious
' Z' B! c5 Q. j. i; F  e/ u6 o  substantial——Considerable in importance, value, degree, amount, or extent有重大价值的=considerable Worthy of consideration; significant重要的; \9 Z2 L: r: a- Z9 s0 k
  substitute——One that takes the place of another; a replacement代用品=replacement, in place of代替
$ X: \- e( z( O* k1 l) S7 B  subsidize——To assist or support with a subsidy以津贴补助=finance To supply funds to给…提供资金
7 u2 l9 H3 k' U. R( h: C, L  subtle——So slight as to be difficult to detect or analyze; elusive纤细的,细小的=slight$ C# d* B; }, S! B3 `$ X
  submit——提出,提交=present提出;呈递来www.Examw.com
( U6 L$ f$ o4 V; H6 P9 i: j  subsidy——Monetary assistance granted by a government to a person orsgroupsin support of an enterprise regarded as being in the public interest补助金=financing融通资金: t6 I+ K: G2 o
  subject to ——在……条件下;易受……的侵袭;受控制=expose to, susceptible to
0 q" W8 p1 X0 m  stretch——A continuous or unbroken length, area, or expanse连续不断的长度,地区或空间=span The extent or measure of space between two points or extremities, as of a bridge or roof; the breadth跨度两点或两端间的空间strike——To engage in a strike against an employer罢工=walkout
& e9 y7 `) L- Y4 {1 `: p  To come to; attain来到;到达= make contact with3 Z" j$ `) a. ^+ h- }6 X9 J/ n
  striking—— Arresting the attention and producing a vivid impression on the sight or the mind.惹人注目的=prominent Immediately noticeable; conspicuous显眼的* K$ X1 A, a0 G- k/ X: K+ a
  stringent—— Imposing rigorous standards of performance; severe严格的=strict
6 n8 `  R3 d: @- f: ]# |  stimulus—— Something that incites or rouses to action; an incentive激发物=motivate3 g' ^% h9 R9 f. u3 |& W
  strain ——To pull, draw, or stretch tight拉紧=tension The act or process of stretching something tight拉紧( u- n+ c5 B! [  f+ P- {- ?
  stationary—— Not capable of being moved; fixed不能被移动的;固定的=fixed, immobile
$ U0 @& x/ F0 L3 M/ Y  status——Position relative to that of others; standing地位=standing
0 _& I6 l* X5 M0 n& K  sticky——shavingsthe property of adhering or sticking to a surface; adhesive粘的=adhere, cement' N6 |' t3 q1 s! ?3 [& t$ y
  staple—— A basic or principal element or feature主要成分,基本成分=basic element7 W5 @+ a9 t0 E! ~& l' g% s- w
  squirt—— To issue forth in a thin forceful stream or jet; spurt喷=spurt out v.喷出
; w& ~; R# l, m( A& e# u2 y! j  staggering—— Causing great astonishment, amazement, or dismay; overwhelming令人大为吃惊、惊讶或沮丧的;使束手无策的=overwhelming1 R; ~" N7 G9 D  b
  spur—— To incite or stimulate刺激,鞭策=stimulate
+ i9 {0 p" e, Z) V) z& T' h& p7 W  speculate about—— To assume to be true without conclusive evidence推测=hypothesize To assert as a hypothesis假设. H2 y) [2 d. Y2 q
  spinal——Of, relating to, or situated near the spine or spinal cord; vertebral脊柱的=backbone
6 a( E: `3 ~9 y' k' C0 v  spark—— To set in motion; activate发动;触发=bring about引起;致使;造成;达成
3 I- F- Q7 n# q' I& R! \5 ~" W  spawn—— To give rise to; engender造成;使产生=create
; x) ^8 B+ @: ]! E8 |. a) \  solemn—— Deeply earnest, serious, and sober庄严的,极认真的,严肃的=serious. F/ r) ]5 T% x! _: n4 `
  slope——declivity A downward slope, as of a hill斜坡
% ~8 c, q" d& M0 U1 ^5 ?8 j  smother—— To suffocate (another)使窒息=eliminate To get rid of; remove消灭;消除
2 @& T/ w/ d6 R  snap—— To pull apart or break with a snapping sound折断=break
0 ]$ L& G$ J. I$ A9 K) Z: G  signify—— To denote; mean表示…的意思=denote
/ A" ]6 N; _6 R- u& _9 Y( R  simultaneously——同时存在[发生]地=concurrently同时发生的,并存的;合作的
2 i. D/ Q, m' a% U5 W: O. F# x( t% v. p* {7 {/ A; e
  skepticism—— A doubting or questioning attitude or state of mind; dubiety怀疑态度=doubt
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:23 | 显示全部楼层

商业托福 考试(TOEIC)阅读高频词汇(9)

</p>  shield—— To protect or defend with or as if with a shield; guard保护、防卫=protect& v% m4 d8 ~, {+ K5 ^2 ?3 t
  secrete—— To conceal in a hiding place; cache躲藏=produce??
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-5 07:56 , Processed in 0.182704 second(s), 23 queries .