QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 68|回复: 0

[阅读辅导] 2012年商业托福考试(TOEIC)阅读高频词汇(8)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  rupture—— The process of breaking open or bursting裂开,突然炸开=burst
4 L' j. Z; @0 p# a( I8 E) o; {# y  rural—— Of, relating to, or characteristic of the country农村的=country1 a5 F" j# Y/ t& r
  rudimentary——Being in the earliest stages of development; incipient处于发展的最早阶段的=undeveloped, unsophisticated
- Y! N* a8 V# V5 a  E# F  rotate——To turn around on an axis or center绕轴或中心转动=turn, swirl
  m0 {" I. a: `( A3 W  r  To proceed in sequence; take turns or alternate循环,交替或轮换=alternatewww.Examw.com, m0 @2 k% F& F
  robust—— Full of health and strength; vigorous健康和有力的=strong
+ D4 _- O/ N, G" M, f6 G/ e8 h  roam—— To move about without purpose or plan; wander漫游=wander
5 x; y7 C# l2 c7 s  rigidity—— An instance of being rigid僵化,严厉=stiffness
9 U  j7 b: Y. x6 B. H4 w3 D( \5 p  revise—— To reconsider and change or modify修改,修正=change9 H; V3 A6 o- f8 H4 B6 h2 L
  retrieve—— To get back; regain.重获;收复;=recover, To get back; regain.重获;收复;重新得到=bring back
6 L  z- O) D8 \9 S  To rectify the unfavorable consequences of; remedy. See: recover
. `* Z" J& d+ z) {  restrict—— To keep or confine within limits限制=limit9 u0 A; q$ v1 o: Z: i4 k
  retain—— To maintain possession of保持=keep
% j7 p3 n% \8 m( l  Z4 f$ w  representation—— The state or condition of serving as an official delegate, agent, or spokesperson代表=delegate, stand for
. M+ K+ o& u( Q  resemble—— To exhibit similarity or likeness to类似=similar0 q  Q0 P' H* d1 V2 t! g
  renounce—— To reject; disown拒绝=reject To refuse to accept, submit to, believe, or make use of拒绝; E! b3 i+ w$ z2 a, }  t
  replace—— To take or fill the place of取代=supplant To displace and substitute for (another)取代,代替(另一个)
# a6 v/ v* z# ^% q- o1 Y. ]  release—— To free from something that binds, fastens, or holds back; let go松开=give off" O: ?% R; P( `+ x4 s# o
  refreshing—— Pleasantly fresh and different新鲜宜人的,与众不同的=unusual
7 F1 x5 R3 n) T% V0 i1 a  reflection—— A manifestation or result显示,结果=indicate To suggest or demonstrate the necessity, expedience, or advisability of说明,显示,暗示
1 b" X5 r# r1 {0 Z. V$ w8 B- R  receptacle—— A container that holds items or matter贮藏器=container: U, c$ l1 C( p# Y) V6 h
  recognize—— To show awareness of; approve of or appreciate赏识=appreciate
2 J% `3 t0 d2 M+ ?% X! A# [- U  rarefy—— To make thin, less compact, or less dense使稀薄=infrequent6 h- q4 j7 T2 K; K
  rear—— To lift upright; raise直立起;抬高=raise# W+ s* c& f  X! j
  radical—— Departing markedly from the usual or customary; extreme极端的=drastic Severe or radical in nature; extreme严厉或剧烈的;极端的
0 @) L( x! a2 Q& |. J  symmetrical—— Of or exhibiting symmetry对称的=proportionally balanced
. n" R! H% s3 N. t  R" E0 n9 n  synthetic—— Produced by synthesis, especially not of natural origin.合成的=formation, integrate
! ^, [% R: D" j  Not natural or genuine; artificial or contrived人造的,不自然的=artificial
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 14:30 , Processed in 0.712768 second(s), 21 queries .