立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 109|回复: 0

[阅读辅导] 托业文章时必须要读懂每字每句3

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:26:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  上文题目1. What does the passage mainly discuss﹖ (文章主旨题)
, q/ j5 d" \5 [3 M& n9 v  A  The planned development of Seattle's public park system
  X: U  Q$ G% Q8 w7 U/ K  B  The organization of the Seattle city government
1 R) }& J" P# a  C  The history of the OImsted Brothers architectural firm4 w1 k' J  t+ w0 x  p
  D  The design and building of the University of Washington campus* E2 N! D  g; `! z5 o3 q
  2. The word ″engaged″ in line 2 is closest in meaning to (词汇)
# Y3 v+ `* ^! ?  A  trained B  hired C  described D  evaluated) z! e1 M& ?* l4 U: p3 o& T' K8 n
  3. The word "subsequent" in line 8 is closest in meaning to(词汇)
( Y% i5 A- K% L2 S  A  complicated B  alternate C  later D  detailed5 h" J4 {; _7 K8 F0 U* c7 r
  4. Which of the following statements about parks does NOT reflect the views of the Olmsted Brothers firm﹖ (细节)& Q+ M. h9 i* `( T1 y
  A  They should be planted with trees that grow locally.
2 C7 M4 ?9 X: ^9 G; A* Z  B  They should provide a quiet restful environment.
. t) `: J; z& F6 b8 s  C  They should be protected by limiting the number of visitors from the community./ N4 w7 y/ w" a( r7 t% t
  D  They should be designed to conform to the topography of the area.2 R' B% Y- Y1 `
  5. Why does the author mention ″local parks and squares″ in lines 13-14 when talking about the Olmsted plan﹖ (理解)
& Z7 X: @& p1 o# [, L  S$ J  A  To emphasize the difficulties facing adoption of the plan
; |" g$ j8 k8 }+ f. _4 ~  B  To illustrate the comprehensive nature of the plan
2 v( A1 W( x; \! x: J  C  To demonstrate an omission in the plan& d4 H2 w. z3 C% v4 b; u
  D  To describe Seattle's landscape prior to implementation of the plan
7 O- G2 o' r+ \6 E  p# _  6. Which of the following can be inferred from the passage about how citizens of Seattle received the Olmsted Report?(细节)
4 Q, x+ U0 i1 t# j; ^1 _; B& o  A  They were hostile to the report's conclusions.; V. h, ]' V! r- z1 w4 Z
  B  They ignored the Olmsteds' findings.; V3 z& m$ F* L/ a1 c* F
  C  They supported the Olmsteds' plans.
3 s$ ]+ A7 f, ~. F' ^# t9 O2 Z  D  They favored the city council's seeking advice from another firm.
5 g$ \& k% |# k: r% P# m  7. According to the passage when was the Olmsted Report officially accepted as the master plan for the Seattle public park system﹖ (细节)- @, I5 @0 {2 t6 w1 V5 o: J
  A  1903 B  1907 C  1909 D  1913
: B6 V* P9 f* m3 c6 i) e) I  8. The word "sums"in line 20 is closest in meaning to (词汇)
1 G& K+ V0 W& P+ I8 Z/ Q, A! \/ w$ _  A  problems B  amounts C  services D  debts
% ^# Z+ y) o# }, M  9. According to the passage which of the following was most directly influenced by the Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition?(理解)' b9 @7 b) P. y, J* S
  A  The University of Washington+ Z# `9 m! ^. @, Z# A6 q# g, A: t
  B  Brookline Massachusetts; y1 @9 v3 g1 S/ |' a4 y# Y- K
  C  The mayor of Seattle' v8 D4 I% y6 c: \; V
  D The Seattle Parks Board
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 07:40 , Processed in 0.258935 second(s), 21 queries .