立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 194|回复: 1

[词汇辅导] 2011托业阅读词汇中英文对照(10)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:34:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  surging—— To increase suddenly. Used of electric current or voltage猛增=accelerating- g) h9 |  D+ v: l% B% D/ @( I
  surpass—— To be or go beyond, as in degree or quality; exceed胜过=exceed, outrun8 A3 t5 x$ x6 K0 L) Y
  sustain—— To keep in existence; maintain继续生存;维持=maintain
: P* Q7 O) l; m  sustenance—— Something, especially food, that sustains life or health营养物,尤指食物=fare Food and drink; diet食物和饮料
6 }$ K4 i) t8 i/ S% Z+ v& R+ Y  Means of livelihood生计=livelihood; B& Z6 o) g$ o/ G- ?' ~8 ?
  supplement——Something added to complete a thing, make up for a deficiency, or extend or strengthen the whole补充物,用来完成某事、补充不足、扩展或加强=extensionen.Examw.CoM
5 K1 Z: m& N9 D  An addition that increases the area, influence, operation, or contents of something扩大/ @0 U2 {4 q+ t
  supreme——Greatest in importance, degree, significance, character, or achievement最重要的=outstanding
! g3 B2 o- Z5 `; z" y' r+ Q1 b  succinct——Characterized by clear, precise expression in few words; concise and terse简明的=concise- Q; `# e- m5 Q. ^7 }) a, _
  sufficient——Being as much as is needed充足的=adequate2 _* p, J7 m$ H2 o; x0 \
  sumptuous——Of a size or splendor suggesting great expense; lavish豪华的;花费奢侈的=luxurious) ?: J8 ^+ P& l" B9 X
  substantial——Considerable in importance, value, degree, amount, or extent有重大价值的=considerable Worthy of consideration; significant重要的
/ f) |4 i. H* @2 B6 H8 G- j8 j) d  substitute——One that takes the place of another; a replacement代用品=replacement, in place of代替
! u6 {8 p. h) K6 F& S- N: E- }  subsidize——To assist or support with a subsidy以津贴补助=finance To supply funds to给…提供资金
( M2 [$ c) |' k  subtle——So slight as to be difficult to detect or analyze; elusive纤细的,细小的=slight
# T. r3 ?% v8 F5 S! f$ K  submit——提出,提交=present提出;呈递
/ u# ^- `# y! B8 E5 [) q  subsidy——Monetary assistance granted by a government to a person orsgroupsin support of an enterprise regarded as being in the public interest补助金=financing融通资金
* H/ k$ j) {) S2 W1 X. S: l4 Y! k  subject to ——在……条件下;易受……的侵袭;受控制=expose to, susceptible to
* v; |; M  h% o2 P  stretch——A continuous or unbroken length, area, or expanse连续不断的长度,地区或空间=span The extent or measure of space between two points or extremities, as of a bridge or roof; the breadth跨度两点或两端间的空间
# c$ x8 q% i+ `# c3 Q5 M* d  strike——To engage in a strike against an employer罢工=walkout) N. X2 ^1 S. `0 P& k% Z. L* L, J4 O
  To come to; attain来到;到达= make contact with
; L, A( U7 T; H  striking—— Arresting the attention and producing a vivid impression on the sight or the mind.惹人注目的=prominent Immediately noticeable; conspicuous显眼的9 X$ `" R6 T$ }* W- P% T
  stringent—— Imposing rigorous standards of performance; severe严格的=strict
; x" y1 O( R9 p! f$ ?  stimulus—— Something that incites or rouses to action; an incentive激发物=motivate; \! @3 V6 A6 h4 C9 w  ?
  strain ——To pull, draw, or stretch tight拉紧=tension The act or process of stretching something tight拉紧# n( C$ F1 o& }# K- z! k( p
  stationary—— Not capable of being moved; fixed不能被移动的;固定的=fixed, immobile  s8 w, d3 J( k
  status——Position relative to that of others; standing地位=standing% S- _$ g5 W2 m# L6 }! i
  sticky——shavingsthe property of adhering or sticking to a surface; adhesive粘的=adhere, cement) V- k( x7 Q- E. x" W; P
  staple—— A basic or principal element or feature主要成分,基本成分=basic element
* ?1 O6 d+ u7 [9 K  squirt—— To issue forth in a thin forceful stream or jet; spurt喷=spurt out v.喷出
5 F9 J! @$ H2 X) M% v, s2 B$ b7 w: E% P
  staggering—— Causing great astonishment, amazement, or dismay; overwhelming令人大为吃惊、惊讶或沮丧的;使束手无策的=overwhelming
0 l2 @- F4 ], l# ^% x0 C  spur—— To incite or stimulate刺激,鞭策=stimulate1 g4 L0 Y8 _! b3 j
  speculate about—— To assume to be true without conclusive evidence推测=hypothesize To assert as a hypothesis假设
- L) T) w: `) H) E* o. d: K  spinal——Of, relating to, or situated near the spine or spinal cord; vertebral脊柱的=backbone
& L0 v: p. H* |% I6 r* ?3 P  spark—— To set in motion; activate发动;触发=bring about引起;致使;造成;达成) N& }! z- m$ D9 j/ S
  spawn—— To give rise to; engender造成;使产生=create
9 Y! Y! O+ P4 b3 T9 C  solemn—— Deeply earnest, serious, and sober庄严的,极认真的,严肃的=serious; @/ B+ l% |  z4 J
  slope——declivity A downward slope, as of a hill斜坡
+ M& i5 [3 N6 y8 h$ q/ o4 h6 @  smother—— To suffocate (another)使窒息=eliminate To get rid of; remove消灭;消除
% t1 W$ E; ?( h# ^% U: }) o/ \* f  snap—— To pull apart or break with a snapping sound折断=break
( S0 [! ?! Z' H  signify—— To denote; mean表示…的意思=denote
0 m2 ~. k% U8 {5 N2 D+ F% Y* Q/ t4 g  simultaneously——同时存在[发生]地=concurrently同时发生的,并存的;合作的
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:34:19 | 显示全部楼层

2011托业阅读词汇中英文对照(10)

skepticism—— A doubting or questioning attitude or state of mind; dubiety怀疑态度=doubt1 f* a) w1 ~1 s, v0 L
  shield—— To protect or defend with or as if with a shield; guard保护、防卫=protect
) Q; L( [& G1 W  secrete—— To conceal in a hiding place; cache躲藏=produce
" \& V2 r- ~" s3 e  scarce—— Hard to find; absent or rare难得的;缺少的或罕见的=rare8 q0 P3 V' c5 r% ]0 |/ ~  g. \2 x
  scores—— A composition written for a musical comedy配乐=musical compositions音乐作品3 S4 B3 X- ]% |+ O7 _- e" q" @
  scent—— A perfume香水=perfume
' y! w6 z% D4 N1 j; a+ `) _  scale—— To climb up or over; ascend攀登=climb8 H  ~1 x* @% Y: k
  sanitation—— Formulation and application of measures designed to protect public health.% X9 X1 L; d8 ?3 J. W
  卫生措施=health* d1 G; I+ s' M4 {8 b; s
  tremendous—— Extremely large in amount, extent, or degree; enormous巨大的=huge, greatly
' t& }* b2 u$ S8 ^9 `! J5 F4 H  trend—— A general tendency or inclination趋向=tendency
+ G) Q: Z% D4 U3 @# |: K0 K3 T# b" e  trap—— A contrivance for catching and holding animals, as a concealed pit or a clamp like device that springs shut suddenly陷阱=entomb To place in or as if in a tomb or grave埋葬
  B; h% s1 |7 S% J) u, Q5 ^9 o  trace—— A visible mark, such as a footprint, made or left by the passage of a person, an animal, or a thing痕迹=imprint, residue The remainder of something after removal of parts or a part残留物  m4 t3 M/ M0 }3 E7 M( s
  textile—— A cloth, especially one manufactured by weaving or knitting; a fabric纺织品=cloth, fabric
3 x7 [. l" H+ Z! ^4 p0 Z' t  terrestrial—— Of, relating to, or composed of land陆地的=land/ I! T7 ?7 X0 a
  terrain—— An area of land; ground地区;地带=land5 q! ^/ r' j( ?3 G! W; G
  tedium—— The quality or condition of being tedious; tediousness or boredom单调乏味=tiresome- v" C  e+ k! N
  temporarily—— Lasting, used, serving, or enjoyed for a limited time在有限的时间内持续地、被使用、发挥作用=makeshift A temporary or expedient substitute for something else.
3 _3 N# E7 u1 V$ K7 r  权宜之计,暂时或临时替代其它事物的东西% e0 h1 C7 @8 T  m) k: ^4 ~" r
  usher—— To precede and introduce; inaugurate宣告,展示介绍;开始,开创=begin</p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-20 19:42 , Processed in 0.362613 second(s), 23 queries .