立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 191|回复: 1

[词汇辅导] 2011托业阅读词汇中英文对照(10)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:34:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  surging—— To increase suddenly. Used of electric current or voltage猛增=accelerating
) M' E  L5 M( ], X' a  surpass—— To be or go beyond, as in degree or quality; exceed胜过=exceed, outrun
/ A6 y0 N4 s3 ?  sustain—— To keep in existence; maintain继续生存;维持=maintain
4 E+ n5 Y5 f( T1 P# _, v  X& r  sustenance—— Something, especially food, that sustains life or health营养物,尤指食物=fare Food and drink; diet食物和饮料5 [" ?1 b% E$ A, ~# \1 M: m
  Means of livelihood生计=livelihood
7 Z* s, J% `% i5 Z( F* [  supplement——Something added to complete a thing, make up for a deficiency, or extend or strengthen the whole补充物,用来完成某事、补充不足、扩展或加强=extensionen.Examw.CoM
/ k8 I3 s/ I  r  An addition that increases the area, influence, operation, or contents of something扩大
1 Z2 d. ?; y. g7 Z/ r  supreme——Greatest in importance, degree, significance, character, or achievement最重要的=outstanding" x7 ^1 k# W& Q, k1 R
  succinct——Characterized by clear, precise expression in few words; concise and terse简明的=concise
, `& n9 c' N$ ?" X2 g  sufficient——Being as much as is needed充足的=adequate. ~7 v( g; d0 I" g! F
  sumptuous——Of a size or splendor suggesting great expense; lavish豪华的;花费奢侈的=luxurious4 R8 L8 Q. l8 W' D- ]* O8 b( U' X
  substantial——Considerable in importance, value, degree, amount, or extent有重大价值的=considerable Worthy of consideration; significant重要的4 r0 q" A, J+ |- f, ~* A9 R
  substitute——One that takes the place of another; a replacement代用品=replacement, in place of代替
$ d4 I' ~  S2 r" j5 d  subsidize——To assist or support with a subsidy以津贴补助=finance To supply funds to给…提供资金
4 h$ ~* k: @5 u7 K& s8 [8 f/ o  subtle——So slight as to be difficult to detect or analyze; elusive纤细的,细小的=slight
/ a: ^# G5 s* Y- \  submit——提出,提交=present提出;呈递7 j. R) b" R5 H  J- @! c" m
  subsidy——Monetary assistance granted by a government to a person orsgroupsin support of an enterprise regarded as being in the public interest补助金=financing融通资金
* k7 o+ ~* F1 V  subject to ——在……条件下;易受……的侵袭;受控制=expose to, susceptible to
% U2 H: A, `1 C2 O% m2 `  stretch——A continuous or unbroken length, area, or expanse连续不断的长度,地区或空间=span The extent or measure of space between two points or extremities, as of a bridge or roof; the breadth跨度两点或两端间的空间
* {/ a; D1 I6 \  g8 K. f  strike——To engage in a strike against an employer罢工=walkout
- v, {3 A, C/ b6 E$ {8 A$ s# e4 j  To come to; attain来到;到达= make contact with
5 E0 a6 u- q/ f, j: H2 r* \; S  striking—— Arresting the attention and producing a vivid impression on the sight or the mind.惹人注目的=prominent Immediately noticeable; conspicuous显眼的# l2 b1 I2 u0 s# v: w' @; w' m; \  L
  stringent—— Imposing rigorous standards of performance; severe严格的=strict, @5 \, S2 l0 u6 D6 K
  stimulus—— Something that incites or rouses to action; an incentive激发物=motivate6 q% G! e% a" a# g8 k/ V% S6 p
  strain ——To pull, draw, or stretch tight拉紧=tension The act or process of stretching something tight拉紧- `8 z5 c1 G! V: K8 V1 ]
  stationary—— Not capable of being moved; fixed不能被移动的;固定的=fixed, immobile
: W7 x' C) p1 T  status——Position relative to that of others; standing地位=standing: X- V2 E$ `' |2 U& c  y; u5 t
  sticky——shavingsthe property of adhering or sticking to a surface; adhesive粘的=adhere, cement
; x- {/ V: }6 h  staple—— A basic or principal element or feature主要成分,基本成分=basic element
$ T; ~% V$ P) [  Z7 F7 t4 [* g2 {" X  squirt—— To issue forth in a thin forceful stream or jet; spurt喷=spurt out v.喷出8 L: a" P' T0 e' R: C( U

9 |- ]! `8 s8 Y! X6 E9 Q, z  staggering—— Causing great astonishment, amazement, or dismay; overwhelming令人大为吃惊、惊讶或沮丧的;使束手无策的=overwhelming
5 n3 d/ J3 P. d# ^, h# a. ~4 x9 t  spur—— To incite or stimulate刺激,鞭策=stimulate$ a6 T; `/ \; |) {" v3 f
  speculate about—— To assume to be true without conclusive evidence推测=hypothesize To assert as a hypothesis假设
' c4 G! j# K4 u  spinal——Of, relating to, or situated near the spine or spinal cord; vertebral脊柱的=backbone
# _. P" V% R! V. `" L7 \  spark—— To set in motion; activate发动;触发=bring about引起;致使;造成;达成7 B6 ~; ^0 P) U* E
  spawn—— To give rise to; engender造成;使产生=create
. Y# N) m( ^- l- j( U8 h  solemn—— Deeply earnest, serious, and sober庄严的,极认真的,严肃的=serious
& g( s7 z8 g$ U" S) i7 \  slope——declivity A downward slope, as of a hill斜坡1 S& p0 C% i" l
  smother—— To suffocate (another)使窒息=eliminate To get rid of; remove消灭;消除
1 R. F* W1 A1 X  snap—— To pull apart or break with a snapping sound折断=break: z( }( a9 m& U1 L) i
  signify—— To denote; mean表示…的意思=denote7 {" J% T4 i- L* q
  simultaneously——同时存在[发生]地=concurrently同时发生的,并存的;合作的
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:34:19 | 显示全部楼层

2011托业阅读词汇中英文对照(10)

skepticism—— A doubting or questioning attitude or state of mind; dubiety怀疑态度=doubt
  u7 M& o: j, H( z3 e% B+ R7 x  shield—— To protect or defend with or as if with a shield; guard保护、防卫=protect
7 Q+ j% g, L; q# V# w) f  secrete—— To conceal in a hiding place; cache躲藏=produce
. Y! S7 J. Y1 y& R  scarce—— Hard to find; absent or rare难得的;缺少的或罕见的=rare9 W& \. B" E* m1 Q
  scores—— A composition written for a musical comedy配乐=musical compositions音乐作品' ]1 Q" Q" Z1 T$ p* x
  scent—— A perfume香水=perfume
6 e4 ^. G7 \; X8 Z2 S  scale—— To climb up or over; ascend攀登=climb
5 Y( ?. g& N8 d7 I/ X5 N4 X$ I  sanitation—— Formulation and application of measures designed to protect public health.
) w. ^5 h! U9 w% F, N! h3 f  卫生措施=health
8 I4 Q, \5 S. W/ q  tremendous—— Extremely large in amount, extent, or degree; enormous巨大的=huge, greatly4 {" Q; F) e0 z5 l
  trend—— A general tendency or inclination趋向=tendency8 z; ?" w( Z5 b3 E" z; n
  trap—— A contrivance for catching and holding animals, as a concealed pit or a clamp like device that springs shut suddenly陷阱=entomb To place in or as if in a tomb or grave埋葬8 u, p% c7 |! h/ J
  trace—— A visible mark, such as a footprint, made or left by the passage of a person, an animal, or a thing痕迹=imprint, residue The remainder of something after removal of parts or a part残留物
5 N; W' F5 [0 A( z* a  r% E, u  textile—— A cloth, especially one manufactured by weaving or knitting; a fabric纺织品=cloth, fabric
2 `  j3 U6 @0 T2 L  terrestrial—— Of, relating to, or composed of land陆地的=land
9 Q$ G7 N, @% z7 i: v: i) O  terrain—— An area of land; ground地区;地带=land6 A2 N5 k6 V+ [  s  a+ O
  tedium—— The quality or condition of being tedious; tediousness or boredom单调乏味=tiresome
6 P% [" B+ R% K, Z$ c' x  temporarily—— Lasting, used, serving, or enjoyed for a limited time在有限的时间内持续地、被使用、发挥作用=makeshift A temporary or expedient substitute for something else.
# ^. u  W: _: p8 _, G- x% `6 _  权宜之计,暂时或临时替代其它事物的东西
+ ^3 G2 F- ~7 X% O2 D# M5 n. a  usher—— To precede and introduce; inaugurate宣告,展示介绍;开始,开创=begin</p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-16 01:03 , Processed in 0.207405 second(s), 23 queries .