QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 63|回复: 0

[词汇辅导] 托业词汇辅导:充电篇-50

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:34:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  上期回顾:
. p& v- L/ a3 J5 [9 v  1: If you practice keyboarding every day, (then) you will become more proficient at data entry.
  t! d5 G! ^% `$ `$ E  2: If you do not write more clearly, (then) your ideas will need further clarification.
. ]. x0 Y' o& n+ ]2 [0 G  3: When you remit payment, (then) the collection agency will stop sending you the overdue notices.$ k6 f6 O! \3 w' u/ f/ f% z1 Q% i
  proficient: 精通的,熟练的。
1 w& y- A# ]+ Z( }% f  clarification:澄清。
3 T0 X6 F- d/ U- s- k: f( m  M  remit:汇款
) W$ K) L) ^1 W* C5 T  本期词汇:根据提示写出下列单词的中文意思。
+ k6 C% f% j- S( z  1: The large post obscured part of their view of the stage, so Jim missed seeing some of the action.6 t2 e1 D, L/ `2 Y
  obscured: _______________) a8 f2 ^" R4 k2 }$ a, s; r% b/ R6 `
  A1:  Jim could not see all of the stage because the post was in the way; it hid part of the stage. In this example, obscure means "to cover" or "to hide."
0 o9 f9 }! q8 ]0 R3 y  2: Victoria felt that the information was insufficient and, therefore, postponed the decision until more data was available.* d7 p" G$ y* m
  insufficient: _______________' I) ~: ^' T7 B/ F* v/ v2 e
  A2:  Victoria waited to get more information; she did not have enough to make her decision. Insufficient means "not sufficient" or "not enough."
# p; v( o) x& o& `+ }  3: She was fined because the equipment was not being operated in compliance with safety regulations.: ~( }# r% ^: r% k" w/ J' r
  compliance: _______________$ [/ i. Z' e. }7 g# [: Q
  A1:  A fine is usually paid as a result of a violation. To be in compliance, then, means to be in conformity or agreement with—in this case, in accordance with the regulations.
5 G# A" m% [- L+ @/ T. o0 p/ d  4: Since the compensation for his new job is higher, Ray now earns enough money to make payments on a new car.
0 {6 M: a3 t0 q0 p; F' G  compensation: _______________
' d! q  V. h& n0 k$ F2 E/ p  A2:  A job with higher compensation is one that pays more; compensation is payment.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-29 11:39 , Processed in 0.214612 second(s), 21 queries .