QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 52|回复: 0

[词汇辅导] 托业词汇辅导:充电篇-42

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:34:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Section1 上期复习( T' s( t4 Q! g- E/ e9 `" M
  1.Despite his great anxiety about the job interview, Mr. Carson appeared to be relaxed and calm.' p" K/ T" k6 C/ W
  2.Though Alice was a competent carpenter, she was very poor with numbers.- E- ?( Z7 b6 b0 [$ `1 h5 C) S1 ^+ N. R
  1. 忧虑;不安          2.有能力的,能干的& L2 j9 ?! h9 E- r& u
  上期造句$ M( G  U) v4 ~+ I+ d0 I
  His anxiety was spotted by the detective, and finally he was accused of murdering a little girl living next to him.( O; c( C  M6 {9 p, V% S3 Y2 h
  This guy is a competent lawyer who has won many lawsuits.
  f8 W- z4 }% s7 e, ^6 K5 m. v  I am (have)anixety about the opportunity. (or I am anxious about the opportunity. )4 G/ B3 c! c% d4 e
  I think I am a competent person in this job.
$ ]6 L7 |/ m5 S' q' s. A8 l4 J  When I took part in the exam, I was experiencing a lot of anxiety.7 a  y$ U3 g' ?: W
  There were two competent witnesses who testified to the ( in ) court, so that finally he was acquitted.' L4 i& P2 M2 |' G* S" j1 y
  Section2  请用同义词填空。+ B9 F/ \  X' W7 x# H
  1. The work in those two offices is equivalent, but the pay is different.+ Q  u) L' b& a( i) d5 t4 r- g: L) H
  We know that the pay for work in the two offices is not the same; the pay is different. The signal word but tells us that the work itself is in contrast to the pay; therefore, we can conclude that the work is the same. In short, the work is the same, or ____, but the pay is different.
" w2 s9 _) R) I5 `  2. The office was in close proximity to Celia's house; however, it was a long drive in the heavy traffic.
' G5 U6 z* [$ c4 R% Q  A& W  Does Celia live near her office? If so, the drive to work should be a short one. The sentence tells us that the drive is a long one, and the signal word however tells us this is contrary to what we expect. The drive is a long one, but the office is near. Your common sense and the contrast signal tell you that proximity means "____."
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-3 23:21 , Processed in 0.160676 second(s), 21 queries .