立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 55|回复: 0

[词汇辅导] 精彩TOEFL句子结构5

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:34:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  41.   The annual worth of Utah's manufacturing is greater than that of its mining and farming combined.
" N% m+ k' g' i  42.   The wallflower is so called because its weak stems often grow on walls and along stony cliffs for support./ n2 E& l2 E9 D
  43.   It is the interaction between people, rather than the events that occur in their lives, that is the main focus of social psychology.) r, X9 S5 h4 I% O6 f9 L  c- }1 N' `
  44.   No social crusade aroused Elizabeth Williams' enthusiasm more than the expansion of educational facilities for immigrants to the United States.
% s/ ~  [/ x% L* d5 ?( K  45.   Quails typically have short rounded wings that enable them to spring into full flight instantly when disturbed in their hiding places.
' b7 i' K; g" \  46.   According to anthropologists, the earliest ancestors of humans that stood upright resembled chimpanzees facially, with sloping foreheads and protruding brows.
0 k9 h9 f8 y7 k( {  a, {  47.   Not until 1866 was the fully successful transatlantic cable finally laid.. H- x% {6 _$ P) A- s6 Y( j9 t
  48.   In his writing, John Crowe Ransom describes what he considers the spiritual barrenness of society brought about by science and technology.% J0 b3 I) H4 y: J
  49.   Children with parents whose guidance is firm, consistent, and rational are inclined to possess high levels of self-confidence.# P, T; h. \3 r+ j9 }$ Q+ c6 }9 f
  50.   The ancient Hopewell people of North America probably cultivated corn and other crops, but hunting and gathering were still of critical importance in their economy.0 L4 p) Y' V# F3 u
  51.   Using many symbols makes it possible to put a large amount of information on a single map.
% Y$ K8 X% [# Z9 e3 a; x8 S: u  52.   Anarchism is a term describing a cluster of doctrines and attitudes whose principal uniting feature is the belief that government is both harmful and unnecessary.) \+ p: U( u1 k5 ]: i5 F" ~& y0 G; J
  53.   Probably no man had more effect on the daily lives of most people in the Untied States than did Henry Ford a pioneer in automobile production.+ |2 V# d5 _3 Z' t' p6 C" ~" I
  54.   The use of well-chosen nonsense words makes possible the testing of many basic hypotheses in the field of language learning.
% s5 U: C" Q; O$ K1 x/ v) v! @  55.   The history of painting is a fascinating chain of events that probably began with the very first pictures ever made.
3 h" b" H' Z" o) Z4 B  y1 J! m" U  56.   Perfectly matched pearls, strung into a necklace, bring a far higher price than the same pearls told individually.
, H% ~; K$ Z. o, K. R  57.   During the eighteenth century, Little Turtle was chief of the Miami tribe whose territory became what is now Indiana and Ohio.7 N. y2 y  o  e/ n" Y  E7 q
  58.   Among almost seven hundred species of bamboo, some are fully grown at less than a foot high, while others can grow three feet in twenty-four hours
' k  u1 t- a' t  59.   Before staring on a sea voyage, prudent navigators learn the sea charts, study the sailing directions, and memorize lighthouse locations to prepare themselves for any conditions they might encounter.
% l+ f* K! }5 R$ u; P7 A$ B- O2 ~  60.   Of all the economically important plants, palms have been the least studied.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-22 19:22 , Processed in 0.173284 second(s), 21 queries .