立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 42|回复: 0

[词汇辅导] 托业 阅读常考词汇大收集(10)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:34:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  surging—— To increase suddenly. Used of electric current or voltage猛增=accelerating   surpass—— To be or go beyond, as in degree or quality; exceed胜过=exceed, outrun% K4 }! ?0 k& e" _) Y" H+ P
  sustain—— To keep in existence; maintain继续生存;维持=maintain
/ h* U3 a" C2 @1 v7 U$ l% E. d" a  sustenance—— Something, especially food, that sustains life or health营养物,尤指食物=fare Food and drink; diet食物和饮料
" W' i6 v1 P: N7 F# @  Means of livelihood生计=livelihood, Y# a! O1 ]* d
  supplement——Something added to complete a thing, make up for a deficiency, or extend or strengthen the whole补充物,用来完成某事、补充不足、扩展或加强=extension
3 \1 C! i% ?: M: J5 }  An addition that increases the area, influence, operation, or contents of something扩大
5 `3 g$ O  B! w/ q; q  supreme——Greatest in importance, degree, significance, character, or achievement最重要的=outstanding# \  V# y9 |- B/ k$ ~
  succinct——Characterized by clear, precise expression in few words; concise and terse简明的=concise  a! V5 y& C8 Z% h0 J  b% }* n3 V
  sufficient——Being as much as is needed充足的=adequate
& p' j/ b, w6 c$ _  sumptuous——Of a size or splendor suggesting great expense; lavish豪华的;花费奢侈的=luxurious
; n# A% h6 z, ?  substantial——Considerable in importance, value, degree, amount, or extent有重大价值的=considerable Worthy of consideration; significant重要的" o9 {7 r1 s; O2 d9 E* G
  substitute——One that takes the place of another; a replacement代用品=replacement, in place of代替
7 ]% q' I7 e- q  subsidize——To assist or support with a subsidy以津贴补助=finance To supply funds to给…提供资金
4 g  Q( g5 M; h3 x' ?% j  subtle——So slight as to be difficult to detect or analyze; elusive纤细的,细小的=slight
% n4 y0 ?" n0 K& [  submit——提出,提交=present提出;呈递
- v  q+ J" }& o* C! ]" D4 \; u  subsidy——Monetary assistance granted by a government to a person orsgroupsin support of an enterprise regarded as being in the public interest补助金=financing融通资金
/ |6 n% J! |6 G, q/ {5 a0 |  subject to ——在……条件下;易受……的侵袭;受控制=expose to, susceptible to
  D1 ~% Q& B+ [+ r  stretch——A continuous or unbroken length, area, or expanse连续不断的长度,地区或空间=span The extent or measure of space between two points or extremities, as of a bridge or roof; the breadth跨度两点或两端间的空间
4 B% T1 d7 j6 ?6 C  strike——To engage in a strike against an employer罢工=walkout
$ r3 h; E1 }1 P  e# `  To come to; attain来到;到达= make contact with
% {1 V+ x; J3 S" S& G- r  striking—— Arresting the attention and producing a vivid impression on the sight or the mind.惹人注目的=prominent Immediately noticeable; conspicuous显眼的5 y  v1 n- i4 z5 M% Y
  stringent—— Imposing rigorous standards of performance; severe严格的=strict" @* O+ s$ w# u( H  c$ g  W
  stimulus—— Something that incites or rouses to action; an incentive激发物=motivate% @" }5 C: A' H/ H; }2 u2 ?
  strain ——To pull, draw, or stretch tight拉紧=tension The act or process of stretching something tight拉紧
$ x! ?1 c* u5 i, z4 x2 R  stationary—— Not capable of being moved; fixed不能被移动的;固定的=fixed, immobile; E7 u3 g$ s( u. @% o: v
  status——Position relative to that of others; standing地位=standing8 U, j* `& H$ ?3 u5 V2 A4 y
  sticky——shavingsthe property of adhering or sticking to a surface; adhesive粘的=adhere, cement0 M7 {$ u9 D3 o
  staple—— A basic or principal element or feature主要成分,基本成分=basic element
8 ]& y" A/ i3 s. U. M  squirt—— To issue forth in a thin forceful stream or jet; spurt喷=spurt out v.喷出
- J; L) G0 n* t# n5 Q5 J; @1 ~  staggering—— Causing great astonishment, amazement, or dismay; overwhelming令人大为吃惊、惊讶或沮丧的;使束手无策的=overwhelming
' e, K. k! J9 R/ H7 G- |7 ^  spur—— To incite or stimulate刺激,鞭策=stimulate
9 u$ v3 D4 R! ?# u5 F/ O- L  speculate about—— To assume to be true without conclusive evidence推测=hypothesize To assert as a hypothesis假设
. X$ m! {) G* G, [5 T2 A. ~  spinal——Of, relating to, or situated near the spine or spinal cord; vertebral脊柱的=backbone
* C3 A! s8 m4 h+ D7 P- \. ^  spark—— To set in motion; activate发动;触发=bring about引起;致使;造成;达成3 j2 o% G% L, t: ?  e. K# e
  spawn—— To give rise to; engender造成;使产生=create) U: _# [* X3 d
  solemn—— Deeply earnest, serious, and sober庄严的,极认真的,严肃的=serious
, [& @# F* ~. L% B. y  slope——declivity A downward slope, as of a hill斜坡
) G+ b' ?  P% ^. d' W  smother—— To suffocate (another)使窒息=eliminate To get rid of; remove消灭;消除
$ f. r& g- W$ [1 m" S2 q" h1 P  snap—— To pull apart or break with a snapping sound折断=break
+ ~/ |2 E3 i  L. i  signify—— To denote; mean表示…的意思=denote+ Z- W' j2 E+ C1 k9 _: a/ {1 t
  simultaneously——同时存在[发生]地=concurrently同时发生的,并存的;合作的
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 10:04 , Processed in 0.291525 second(s), 21 queries .