立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 43|回复: 0

[词汇辅导] 2012年托业阅读词汇中英文注释(5)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:34:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  dictate——To prescribe with authority; impose命令;To issue orders or commands命令=determine To reach a decision; resolve解决,决定,=prescribe To set down as a rule or guide; enjoin指定,规定
  I- U/ Q& q4 Z! k: @% N5 I4 B4 u  devastate——To lay waste; destroy变成废墟,荒芜;破坏=ruin
9 r1 V4 y% C" z9 k' r  device——A contrivance or an invention serving a particular purpose, especially a machine used to perform one or more relatively simple tasks机器=instrument A device for recording, measuring, or controlling, especially such a device functioning as part of a control system仪表  a5 a' c( I( l
  devoid of ——free of无……的,免于……的;摆脱了……的中华考试网
8 `  b5 o! z8 z9 Y1 t8 b1 r9 r  destruction——The act of destroying毁灭=demolition The act or process of wrecking or destroying, especially destruction by explosives.摧毁破坏
4 F- s6 Z- v/ @6 @0 N. k/ \  detect——To discover or ascertain the existence, presence, or fact of查明;发现=discover, sense To become aware of; perceive感觉意识到
# ?" U* w. B' _  detectable——Can be discovered or ascertained the existence, presence, or fact可查明;可发现apparent, measurable,sizable; w, P4 }' [( G
  derive——To obtain or receive from a source得到=obtain,
- E" v; p& e2 Y3 h- Q7 p( F  To issue from a source; originate起源于=stem from
6 K# N3 U# m$ B/ P0 b, ?1 ~  depression——An area that is sunk below its surroundings; a hollow下陷处=low
0 s' K. B1 M+ F* D8 e5 F) J- W  depressed——Low in spirits; dejected情绪低落的;沮丧的=saddened
3 p* J1 e7 s6 L/ H  deposit——To put or set down; place放置=place, lay
7 o7 d# W9 W( k  deplete——To decrease the fullness of; use up or empty out消灭,用完或用光=exhaust, run out/ T' ^5 [5 B0 R5 P
  dense——Hard to penetrate; thick浓厚的=thick, heavy0 m6 p+ X8 R3 @4 F: q
  delicate——Marked by sensitivity of discrimination敏锐的=sensitive
2 U( [) j2 V( N6 k  Easily broken or damaged脆弱的=fragile4 V: D: ~& I3 G1 ]6 Z
  delicate——Considerate of the feelings of others体贴的=careful, intentionally
! a: Y2 X& K  @) A  deft——Quick and skillful; adroit灵巧的=skilled" O2 S" P/ u- p, ~( Z8 }
  extract——To remove for separate consideration or publication; excerpt摘录=remove
9 o2 F0 M! p& Y! @  extend——To stretch or spread (something) out to greater or fullest length延伸=increase, stretch, outspread
7 S5 d& y* S9 u, q7 c$ ]  extensive——Large in extent, range, or amount广大的=wide, far from reaching
" T9 \7 y' I- z# v7 ~  exponential——Containing, involving, or expressed as an exponent指数的=rapid, increase
! I6 ^7 ^5 T" \- J  exert——To bring to bear; exercise对…施加=apply To putsintosaction使用,运用,=cause
: D( N. R" S6 `# R* s1 y' A  exhibition——The act or an instance of exhibiting展览=display
+ }7 L0 u5 J) {! E# A% w- K9 o  exorbitant——Exceeding all bounds, as of custom or fairness过高的,昂贵的=expensive8 J* v5 ]" c+ G, h7 Z, s. t
  expand——To increase the size, volume, quantity, or scope of; enlarge扩大=increase! o* a, Z3 y# d- T* {" g/ \
  excessive——Exceeding a normal, usual, reasonable, or proper limit过量的=extreme Extending far beyond the norm过分的: M. Y$ e* V4 R2 E
  exclusion——The condition or fact of being excluded.排除或被排除的状态keep out of躲开;置身于…之外; ~- q9 h( p" _; l- M
  execution——制作=create$ Y% S6 U$ f9 ^6 d' d
  exalted——Lofty; sublime; noble高的,崇高的;高贵的=superior Of great value or excellence; extraordinary价值巨大或品质优越的;突出的
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 02:35 , Processed in 0.281843 second(s), 21 queries .