立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 80|回复: 0

[词汇辅导] 托业阅读 词汇中英文注释(5)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:34:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
   dictate——To prescribe with authority; impose命令;To issue orders or commands命令=determine To reach a decision; resolve解决,决定,=prescribe To set down as a rule or guide; enjoin指定,规定0 d1 r# o. \! D, k6 T: n# g# E& s4 x
   devastate——To lay waste; destroy变成废墟,荒芜;破坏=ruin: B( D( i7 L# I2 a$ S- c
   device——A contrivance or an invention serving a particular purpose, especially a machine used to perform one or more relatively simple tasks机器=instrument A device for recording, measuring, or controlling, especially such a device functioning as part of a control system仪表  b# A8 O* l) G& K6 r! |3 R
   devoid of ——free of无……的,免于……的;摆脱了……的中华考试网/ @; h# n+ ^+ H2 }" C6 m. j% }
   destruction——The act of destroying毁灭=demolition The act or process of wrecking or destroying, especially destruction by explosives.摧毁破坏) L5 \9 i. d6 G* S, l
   detect——To discover or ascertain the existence, presence, or fact of查明;发现=discover, sense To become aware of; perceive感觉意识到
3 K$ x+ A6 m* l" t4 m, E   detectable——Can be discovered or ascertained the existence, presence, or fact可查明;可发现apparent, measurable,sizable
+ ~9 R; z" e0 }6 {0 D   derive——To obtain or receive from a source得到=obtain,
& G- J, ?8 G+ ~- Y- r   To issue from a source; originate起源于=stem from
3 m, x0 P, C" k  V, y6 _) ]   depression——An area that is sunk below its surroundings; a hollow下陷处=low  f3 _1 j& e# C2 C. k
   depressed——Low in spirits; dejected情绪低落的;沮丧的=saddened6 e! a2 [2 z5 w: v6 |
   deposit——To put or set down; place放置=place, lay* F. Z2 j% C: \& q- j3 ]
   deplete——To decrease the fullness of; use up or empty out消灭,用完或用光=exhaust, run out! F  Z  r8 [. ]) ?1 A( ?+ a! y
   dense——Hard to penetrate; thick浓厚的=thick, heavy
. z* V, E. o% a   delicate——Marked by sensitivity of discrimination敏锐的=sensitive' _$ d) C0 a3 @1 z$ ?
   Easily broken or damaged脆弱的=fragile
- E7 n& O: _7 N" a2 e- ~   delicate——Considerate of the feelings of others体贴的=careful, intentionally) W& X4 \! s, T& m  D% D/ ^
   deft——Quick and skillful; adroit灵巧的=skilled
; _5 n  y3 n+ A) H   extract——To remove for separate consideration or publication; excerpt摘录=remove
8 S2 L2 w7 l1 X* e; ^   extend——To stretch or spread (something) out to greater or fullest length延伸=increase, stretch, outspread( N, K7 U9 k; K% `
   extensive——Large in extent, range, or amount广大的=wide, far from reaching& U! |# O$ A! K: I/ f
   exponential——Containing, involving, or expressed as an exponent指数的=rapid, increase
$ _' \- L% }; E% L/ j- o* n   exert——To bring to bear; exercise对…施加=apply To putsintosaction使用,运用,=cause* W# u; K; x  q7 i! K
   exhibition——The act or an instance of exhibiting展览=display
4 `" a9 J# U. L   exorbitant——Exceeding all bounds, as of custom or fairness过高的,昂贵的=expensive
* o; N2 b+ @3 u# M8 _, r, o   expand——To increase the size, volume, quantity, or scope of; enlarge扩大=increase
$ z& a3 v" e! m   excessive——Exceeding a normal, usual, reasonable, or proper limit过量的=extreme Extending far beyond the norm过分的$ A3 E2 J8 }% ^! W& w. O' _
   exclusion——The condition or fact of being excluded.排除或被排除的状态keep out of躲开;置身于…之外
+ F; i. S2 K  k1 ~% w: b) X2 I* [   execution——制作=create
: j/ h5 F+ h; X   exalted——Lofty; sublime; noble高的,崇高的;高贵的=superior Of great value or excellence; extraordinary价值巨大或品质优越的;突出的
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-22 22:44 , Processed in 0.230719 second(s), 21 queries .