立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 135|回复: 0

[词汇辅导] 托业精彩句子结构3

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:34:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  21.   Eliminating problems by transferring the blame to others is often called scape-goating.
" w; R- D- Y9 v6 c" ^1 |$ N  22.   The chief foods eaten in any country depend largely on what grows best in its climate and soil.% L- C2 f$ l6 s' l
  23.   Over a very large number of trials, the probability of an event's occurring is equal to the probability that it will not occur.6 @) g6 r8 Y  @% _; g5 P' {
  24.   Most substance contract when they freeze so that the density of a substance's solid is higher than the density of its liquid.* p9 x$ z# V9 i
  25.   The mechanism by which brain cells store memories is not clearly understood.
2 J6 k' d% M& S- H5 `  26.   By the middle of the twentieth century, painters and sculptors in the United States had begun to exert a great worldwide influence over art.
2 w- w& ^2 p1 U+ Z! [  27.   In the eastern part of New Jersey lies the city of Elizabeth, a major shipping and manufacturing center.
* A3 Y$ n+ l9 P/ a; h5 r  28.   Elizabeth Blackwell, the first woman medical doctor in the United States, founded the New York Infirmary, an institution that has always had a completely female medical staff.
& O, Q7 b/ m8 ?- ]+ h9 }  29.   Alexander Graham Bell once told his family that he would rather be remembered as a teacher of the deaf than as the inventor of the telephone.
! \- c7 @5 F6 \4 ~% \( T* _0 J" u  30.   Because its leaves remain green long after being picked, rosemary became associated with the idea of remembrance.
* p3 ~6 f7 N# ~$ l8 F% h/ u  31.   Although apparently rigid, bones exhibit a degree of elasticity that enables the skeleton to withstand considerable impact.
: x6 w; O6 m; J# [, I4 k  32.   That xenon could not form chemical compounds was once believed by scientists.8 D! n) Q8 O  `' J6 C& Y1 ?
  33.   Research into the dynamics of storms is directed toward improving the ability to predict these events and thus to minimize damage and avoid loss of life." Z1 _, ~6 {/ W' L# q# F' r
  34.   The elimination of inflation would ensure that the amount of money used in repaying a loan would have the same value as the amount of money borrowed.+ m, ]: G! W: ]7 V
  35.   Futurism, an early twentieth-century movement in art, rejected all traditions and attempted to glorify contemporary life by emphasizing the machine and motion.
* g% B4 Q. I' A8 t  36.   One of the wildest and most inaccessible parts of the United States is the Everglades where wildlife is abundant and largely protected.
/ V; E6 q& f4 ~; O+ ~8 c  37.   Lucretia Mott's influence was so significant that she has been credited by some authorities as the originator of feminism in the United States.
( |9 y2 q# q- S1 i! j0 `  38.   The activities of the international marketing researcher are frequently much broader than those of the domestic marketer.! F5 F7 N. V) K& i  k
  39.   The continental divide refers to an imaginary line in the North American Rockies that divides the waters flowing into the Atlantic Ocean from those flowing into the Pacific.
6 |7 k3 m" k& \7 P3 f  40.   Studies of the gravity field of the Earth indicate that its crust and mantle yield when unusual weight is placed on them.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 15:15 , Processed in 0.168501 second(s), 21 queries .