立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 120|回复: 0

[听力辅导] 托福听力考试例句

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:40:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1.Those second-hand pianos are selling like hot cakes,if you want one,you'd better buy one now before they're all gone.
+ q& Y, {' e( i2 ~# P% W+ Zsell like hot cakes =sell very well or very quickly
: X" n* J/ M( |1 o% D2.Whenever I have to make a speech I get butterflies in my stomach.7 Z9 K: G0 r- E3 S6 g0 _" o
get butterflies in one's stomach =get nervous 1 b; f1 ~" j/ X4 h( C% F
3.He would do anything for his daughter.She was the apple of his eye.
3 @6 |. L9 t. ~8 z7 T0 a) Xbe the apple of one's eye =be very precious to sb.
3 `1 i# k' Q3 q: ~* f' W# t& b+ Q4.Lend me ,please,Tom,I'm broke at the moment.
: R: Z& {/ U$ [6 Vbe broke =doesn't have any money
9 s. D$ C" \% A0 ^* v9 P5.The accident was caused by a taxi driver jumping the green light.) D; k- O, m4 q+ `: H3 D- j1 S
jump the green light =doesn't wait for the traffic lights to change to green 3 n6 }( N2 x& Z* ], q; t/ d
6.You didn't think I was serious,did you,Joe!It was a joke!I was pulling your leg,that's all.$ t% O. q5 I7 K8 r% d) ^$ P8 v6 n- r
pull one's leg =tease someone,逗某人玩" U/ F- N0 T9 G5 j! L& b, G
7.Because the owner wanted a quick sale,the painting went for a song-only .
- C6 t' O7 p. h+ rIf something "goes for a song",it is sold very cheaply
. a: `3 w& Q) t' X' ~1 X# b4 e, l8.There was a shortage of food;so you had to pay through the nose for what you could find.
2 A/ f; j3 Z' y- v, `8 PTo "pay through the nose"for something is to pay far more for something than it is really worth
% p: i; q2 {) ?5 Y+ A6 ?# U9.If he finds out what you did with the company's money,he'll hit the roof.
5 E; E# K1 f" w: u9 S7 m) ~hit the roof=get very angry 8 F( K  ^* {: ~; Q9 l. N
10.The sky got very dark and soon the rain began to bucket down.
6 g$ q/ V, [: R$ P1 i7 L4 Vbucket down =rain very heavily 6 m6 t0 B# e1 R% B8 j! j
11.They all chip in for the benefit of Simpson's widow and little child.) |* q. F  I$ L" l0 q! D3 H7 v7 Z
chip in=contribute money捐献
( a7 H# }& ^- b12.He usually buys his clothes off the peg.It's cheaper than going to a dressmaker.1 x8 R. f/ v% T/ C: w: K
Off the peg clothes =成衣
0 u2 y3 j. a2 Q13.Now stop beating about the bush and tell me what happened!" K1 o) v/ e7 H0 m9 u: q' L
beat about the bush=avoid saying directly what you mean 5 O! a" H: q* i! i: D, h$ E
14.I really must go and lie down for a while ;I've got a splitting headache.
2 ?6 ^) q- v" n# s! g: u* n& b- u# tSplitting headache=painful headache
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 19:04 , Processed in 0.274854 second(s), 21 queries .