立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 107|回复: 1

[听力辅导] 熟记实用经典短语 托福听力短语集锦

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:40:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  福听力并不象想像的那么难,其中有很多非常实用,非常经典的短语,只要你能熟记一些短语,并且注意其中语调,相信您的托福听力会跃上一个新台阶。在新东方读过班的人都知道小钱老师,他将听力讲的非常有趣。在笑声中,便记住几个短语。好了,长话短说,我们将列出托福听力的一些短语,与大家共享。另外大家可以购买新东方的《TOEFL听力习语必备》,许杨编著。
$ N0 N' v) s7 k& A3 W  A big sale大减价。托福听力围绕学生生活的话题较多,学生总是没钱,所以一听到on sale 或者 for sale,  A big sale , 等等大减价等总是非常有兴趣。
" [; X) H& f9 e1 _7 q, B" w7 E  A: Those are great sneakers, were they very expensive?" n1 ~+ g6 }( I; J$ N
  B: I never could have bought them if the shoe store wasn‘t having a big sale.$ Z; U1 s8 D( W/ z% m6 B, B
  A far cry from 离……差的老远,有很大的差别The published book is a far cry from the early manuscript., Z. i+ k0 [8 q$ ~9 o# r
  Anything but  单单除……之外;恰恰不对照习语: nothing but,  意为正是,只是,不过。
3 D; Q% N4 o# J( D6 j* k  She is nothing but poor. 她很穷。* U3 p' e0 _9 M; a# b4 e# u  h# x
  Susan is anything but poor.  苏珊一点也不穷。2 }- a' A' ]7 X8 X# N
  Are you kidding? 你开什么玩笑?8 u  D9 D. H6 I0 f* O+ L
  类似说法: you must be kidding, you must be joking?  Are you joking ? you kidding?  You joking? 等等, 一起记。  L. [3 S$ e1 N# g& i$ I' v
  A: how did the game go the other night? Did you team win ?
) d  Z. Z+ h8 G8 F8 U7 L+ R0 @  B: Are you kidding? That would be a first.
# ~0 g" }; h5 l  z7 N, I  Around the clock 一天不间断,一天24小时不停Martha studied around the clock for her management exam.) w, G. h2 s  d, W
  Be backed up  (交通)堵了;(活)拖下来了The subway is running behind schedule, and traffic is backed up for blocks. I don't know if we‘ll make the 7:15 show.
4 p4 p5 A+ l& P: ^  A: I have two esams and three papers to get done in the next couple of days. B: How did it get so backed up?6 p/ ?3 O) u2 c( h- p) b/ D
  Be burned up  生气A: Susan still hasn't gotten her research paper work. B: I know, and she is really burned up at the professor.1 E* |! y3 ~$ e+ Y
  Burn a hole in one‘s pocket  有钱存不住A: Have you saved enough to buy that new printer for your computer yet?
+ G1 a$ G* x" G+ L! F- W) B) C, m' U  B: You know money seems to be burning a hole in my pocket lately. Maybe next month.; I# g8 }$ x/ l! k+ T6 z
  Come a long way 取得很大进展A: I saw some of your paintings at the student art exhibit. They are great. B: Thanks. I feel as though I‘ve come a long way.
% O. ~6 q: }4 C8 G0 z5 A  Count me in  把我算在内,我一块去A: I got an invitation to a financial planning seminar. And I don't want to go alone. B: count me in. I need all the help I can get managing my money.+ R; X1 K* d, x: ^
  Do some errands  作一些跑腿的事A: We thought we‘d all go out for lunch today. Can you be ready to leave at one o’clock?
* _9 j2 E5 J5 g1 L, e  B:I have to pick up my car and do a couple of  errands , I‘ll just come straight to the resturant.! _/ c7 t4 B' t; h% Z( A& v0 h
  Drive somebody up the wall  让某人发疯类似:drive someone crazy ,  drive someone mad, drive someone nuts, drive someone bananas, drive someone out of one‘s mind, drive someone out of one’s senses 等。
0 s$ ]- M9 Z9 h$ j' P: b  This computer is driving me up the wall.1 C' t: \6 |9 U6 r% @4 d
  Eat up 吃光, 占用A: Are you going to join the chess club this year?- Q0 ^  Z0 b# `8 z  N# _# ]; D
  B: Chess eats up too much of my time.% b6 x; [0 ?; \- f4 b$ x6 y3 m
  Fall asleep (腿)麻了Oh, I must have been sitting in the same position for too long, my legs have fallen asleep.
3 p8 F3 O! ?8 \' f6 O5 [  Few and far between 很少见, 稀少A: Steve is a really terrific guy B: He sure is. Friends like him are few and far between.
* C9 \4 n+ e3 I. J  Fill in for 代替类似说法,一起掌握。Fill one‘s position, fill one’s place, fill one‘s vacancy, fill one’s shoes, take the position, take the place of, take over A:Roger was ferverish yesterday, I am not sure if he‘ll be up to  attending today’s meeting. B: Then can someone fill in for him?
, |5 k& L# l+ X2 ?7 }  Get off the ground 开始;起作用;进行很顺利A: how did you talk with Henery go?
' }3 C0 F1 M8 }0 E9 u  B: it never really got off the ground." c$ I. ?) |: j1 y: {
  Get to someone 让某人很烦That leaky faucet is starting to get to me.4 X6 k$ g' b" ~! {/ y
  Give me a break 饶了我吧。- a/ P! U2 s6 s6 h; f
  Guess what I just heard? 猜猜我刚才听说了什么?! d5 I) `+ X* ^8 B/ `* L
  这个习语总是在有好消息告诉别人时用的。
5 g5 M, T0 c. |4 Y% Q7 o, _. w  Guess what I just heard? David is selling that car of his that you like so much.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-15 00:40:09 | 显示全部楼层

熟记实用经典短语 托福听力短语集锦

Have much on one‘s mind 心头有很多事情(尤指操心的事)
' j0 |7 v2 j( ^! J4 |% Q  A: Tom‘s house is in a mess, doesn't he ever clean it?7 ^3 {: Q4 F4 O6 c
  B: I guess he just has too much else on his mind with that new job of his.
6 Q! [) n8 K7 C4 Q# @" \# f$ U  Hold on 等一等;(电话)别挂
  W6 [  t1 S; x4 c  l  A: If  I don't find my wallet pretty soon, I‘ m going go have it report it stolen. B: Hold on, Before you call the campus security office, Have you checked your car or your jacket pocket,everywhere?& s+ Y( }: b! u' g% n
  I can‘t put it down. 我放都放不下来。$ A( X" z% O  z4 F2 G8 E
  经常用来指一本书非常有意思。8 [. P6 j: \+ V' R( R% ^: a
  A: Oh, I see you‘re in the middle of that new detective story.  Is it any good?7 E* M3 \- G! b1 {6 k* S& Z
  B: I can‘t put it down.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 06:12 , Processed in 0.203085 second(s), 23 queries .