QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 97|回复: 0

[听力辅导] 托福听力考试最新成语汇总及其例句

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:40:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  导读:TOEFL的最新成语汇总,非常口语话,非常实用的地道美语,出现在听力及阅读中。一起来学习。
- h$ Y+ R5 u$ z$ i5 w5 f  1.Those second-hand pianos are selling like hot cakes,if you want one,you'd better buy one now before they're all gone.& t9 o  L. h/ |( n2 O; ^4 {) j; G
  sell like hot cakes =sell very well or very quickly
  o, o, G  Q4 u3 Q$ H$ n: p; @  2.Whenever I have to make a speech I get butterflies in my stomach.2 ]' x0 B3 _% ]2 W% ]9 u
  get butterflies in one's stomach =get nervous
) y: @! f2 a2 O% C! a1 f  3.He would do anything for his daughter.She was the apple of his eye.
! K6 g$ T- U0 B3 \  be the apple of one's eye =be very precious to sb.5 Z+ t; c) t" j3 a+ s0 {
  4.Lend me ,please,Tom,I'm broke at the moment./ C' G. Y5 T% {
  be broke =doesn't have any money; t* ^. h. v# e8 r
  5.The accident was caused by a taxi driver jumping the green light.& |: Y% _- T8 n- R0 s/ X
  jump the green light =doesn't wait for the traffic lights to change to green8 z8 p1 s% o) F0 b/ `1 V1 r: F/ t
  6.You didn't think I was serious,did you,Joe!It was a joke!I was pulling your leg,that's all.% q% ^9 i# d# |6 O
  pull one's leg =tease someone,逗某人玩* E, u* `- b: [
  7.Because the owner wanted a quick sale,the painting went for a song-only .
, F4 a0 ^& s: C' F1 X/ @4 o% b  If something "goes for a song",it is sold very cheaply/ O0 v( Y* F" n& j8 y
  8.There was a shortage of food;so you had to pay through the nose for what you could find.
  `) t/ j5 l; V: V  To "pay through the nose"for something is to pay far more for something than it is really worth% j" @3 T" h+ q7 d4 X& ?4 S& ^
  9.If he finds out what you did with the company's money,he'll hit the roof.% j- |# }9 z2 k& h
  hit the roof=get very angry, e) c) B; ?1 e" W( T+ a+ a
  10.The sky got very dark and soon the rain began to bucket down.; I0 j. n& r; W! V. h% l
  bucket down =rain very heavily
7 Z; V  g9 Y' P! N. [1 t" o0 Z  11.They all chip in for the benefit of Simpson's widow and little child.
7 X' A5 y! m' v. U  chip in=contribute money捐献. T, f4 Y& @, h* `" @, l" m
  12.He usually buys his clothes off the peg.It's cheaper than going to a dressmaker.5 e% Q2 \' ^) S& B
  Off the peg clothes =成衣
' ]: L4 r; w! V0 n0 Z2 T9 P  13.Now stop beating about the bush and tell me what happened!
/ J- ]2 V# G4 r( G2 }1 }6 h0 E  beat about the bush=avoid saying directly what you mean7 o' n8 O# _5 H% m0 }) E5 W; C1 j
  14.I really must go and lie down for a while ;I've got a splitting headache.
3 Q7 L4 H2 L; o( M  Splitting headache=painful headache
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 22:01 , Processed in 0.277097 second(s), 21 queries .