立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 94|回复: 0

[听力辅导] 商业托福(TOEIC)听力必知英语俚语汇总

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:40:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  1.Those second-hand pianos are selling like hot cakes,if you want one,you'd better buy one now before they're all gone.7 X* N; Q9 o. Z2 B) ?
  sell like hot cakes =sell very well or very quickly
/ A7 y* ~6 w- a  2.Whenever I have to make a speech I get butterflies in my stomach.
9 q, P& g- C6 D1 W  get butterflies in one's stomach =get nervous+ q3 d+ y* ]% K9 m' K
  3.He would do anything for his daughter.She was the apple of his eye.
! b/ \% l- N. h+ z) @4 K, S& [  be the apple of one's eye =be very precious to sb.
9 v! ]* R* }( g0 Z  4.Lend me ,please,Tom,I'm broke at the moment./ n; C7 O( @4 }! M6 ^. u2 ]. C: G
  be broke =doesn't have any money
% b& C' X9 e* k) X; b  5.The accident was caused by a taxi driver jumping the green light.1 a% T7 ^' h' i: ^  Y
  jump the green light =doesn't wait for the traffic lights to change to green
4 c1 }  ]6 d7 Y, A% m  6.You didn't think I was serious,did you,Joe!It was a joke!I was pulling your leg,that's all.
- i: B- q1 ~9 r2 U: N  pull one's leg =tease someone,逗某人玩5 t9 D  v1 A7 v2 G8 U  H9 O
  7.Because the owner wanted a quick sale,the painting went for a song-only .
: M0 D4 E- q/ C8 h, k0 }  If something "goes for a song",it is sold very cheaply$ ^/ Z$ C, f- @  _! Q- S
  8.There was a shortage of food;so you had to pay through the nose for what you could find.
0 M: L" m9 k8 Q$ x- s, \" Q* T7 ~  To "pay through the nose"for something is to pay far more for something than it is really worth
. ?8 k% Y! a" U+ D. i9 }  9.If he finds out what you did with the company's money,he'll hit the roof.) ^1 _1 w9 }! m; W$ G5 l$ r: x
  hit the roof=get very angry& X% ?0 S* }4 b0 E
  10.The sky got very dark and soon the rain began to bucket down.3 v5 y2 @9 L( M" I! r
  bucket down =rain very heavily) r7 N! ]' H$ V( p
  11.They all chip in for the benefit of Simpson's widow and little child.
9 P4 J+ S6 W- k+ H5 W  chip in=contribute money捐献
: [8 T. I& Z  Y; y( r  12.He usually buys his clothes off the peg.It's cheaper than going to a dressmaker.9 }# z+ S+ E+ I- g; B
  Off the peg clothes =成衣
! W( H4 i7 @2 A- }" J6 d" U7 E- @* }  13.Now stop beating about the bush and tell me what happened!/ i+ l( K: E0 L) z
  beat about the bush=avoid saying directly what you mean
, i0 M3 E: g) H! P; v; A  14.I really must go and lie down for a while ;I've got a splitting headache.) H/ L& n+ r/ h: _, l  A& }
  Splitting headache=painful headache
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 12:36 , Processed in 0.195432 second(s), 21 queries .