立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 62|回复: 0

[听力辅导] 托福听力考试例句汇总

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:40:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1.Those second-hand pianos are selling like hot cakes,if you want one,you'd better buy one now before they're all gone.: ~( i  |, g0 L* G0 e7 B; J5 ]
sell like hot cakes =sell very well or very quickly 9 B6 T% W& A0 F# y
2.Whenever I have to make a speech I get butterflies in my stomach.8 ?7 T8 L0 ^7 {! t2 P9 U
get butterflies in one's stomach =get nervous
# a( j! w2 t( C& [5 a, }3.He would do anything for his daughter.She was the apple of his eye.* o) m# i5 h: V3 r* d& e
be the apple of one's eye =be very precious to sb.2 u0 S( b( b! k* _4 V
4.Lend me ,please,Tom,I'm broke at the moment.7 m% o- W7 T4 E" K( q$ y
be broke =doesn't have any money 5 S& U6 J6 H% j5 N( j
5.The accident was caused by a taxi driver jumping the green light.
5 f0 r4 m4 d6 W; ujump the green light =doesn't wait for the traffic lights to change to green   Y3 J* b1 P$ I4 E2 L* T/ v2 v/ O" G: V
6.You didn't think I was serious,did you,Joe!It was a joke!I was pulling your leg,that's all.0 c+ u9 N4 a$ P* i- ~
pull one's leg =tease someone,逗某人玩" a: x! ]( t$ q# e# T1 I2 I
7.Because the owner wanted a quick sale,the painting went for a song-only .& {0 ]9 e3 E$ \6 z' \
If something "goes for a song",it is sold very cheaply
9 D6 w; D4 C7 M+ S8.There was a shortage of food;so you had to pay through the nose for what you could find.* H/ Y) j" K$ d/ _" U% I* _. c
To "pay through the nose"for something is to pay far more for something than it is really worth
& F) y* N9 A+ _* d4 h; X9.If he finds out what you did with the company's money,he'll hit the roof.
; {% @6 }& v9 z2 R4 k9 Q# L) chit the roof=get very angry ( E) L& C, a5 G+ b+ o
10.The sky got very dark and soon the rain began to bucket down." P8 U0 B5 k& o
bucket down =rain very heavily
% k* s' K7 I2 f% q# \+ R0 S11.They all chip in for the benefit of Simpson's widow and little child." Z- y- I; o: |! j% U
chip in=contribute money捐献
" x( A. P1 V2 c# d# v12.He usually buys his clothes off the peg.It's cheaper than going to a dressmaker.& b0 q7 I! r. d5 }
Off the peg clothes =成衣
8 ]# f+ v# y; O7 q& a13.Now stop beating about the bush and tell me what happened!
$ V$ F5 M; t5 e/ D4 M. ybeat about the bush=avoid saying directly what you mean $ e0 D/ i; ^3 L. V4 b
14.I really must go and lie down for a while ;I've got a splitting headache.: n0 Z, s4 q8 z
Splitting headache=painful headache
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 04:55 , Processed in 0.201109 second(s), 21 queries .