立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 82|回复: 0

[听力辅导] 商业托福听力考试精选辅导资料02

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:40:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  。Those second-hand pianos are selling like hot cakes,if you want one,youd better buy one now before theyre all gone。6 `% h) ^/ n; V. s/ B- `- ?
  sell like hot cakes =sell very wellorvery quickly2 ~" F( ?2 w5 P8 ?  I6 }
  2。Whenever I have to make a speech I get butterflies in my stomach。/ o! r; y; k) T0 Y9 c) C  }
  get butterflies in ones stomach =get nervous
) u$ |5 E1 O# p. T& n; |9 D- f  3。He would do anything for his daughter。She was the apple of his eye。
* I) [6 N0 i8 b; F  be the apple of ones eye =be very precious to sb。
% f1 [. ?& w% {, J  p. L, F) Q2 T  4。Lend me ,please,Tom,Im broke at the moment。
3 n9 w, g8 ~6 t% ^4 ~" _% K2 J  be broke =doesnt have any money
" Y8 E; Y( d9 V5 n6 L  5。The accident was caused by a taxi driver jumping the green light。8 z9 a& i/ N' `: z. L0 B, U
  jump the green light =doesnt wait for the traffic lights to change to green
2 [& x) |; I8 v8 P* e. S. _, P  6。You didnt think I was serious,did you,Joe!It was a joke!I was pulling your leg,thats all。
1 O( e( n: _& X# F4 Z4 v7 N  pull ones leg =tease someone,逗某人玩
: Y& r/ v+ H& N% L" E7 m* T  7。Because the owner wanted a quick sale,the painting went for a song-only 。/ m0 |) k* n( R* N" w8 `+ |
  If something goes for a song,it is sold very cheaply2 H# o  P$ Y2 B) B" M
  8。There was a shortage of food;so you had to pay through the nose for what you could find。; d4 _; [, O6 T3 z
  To pay through the nosefor something is to pay far more for something than it is really worth
$ v0 P# t& w, L0 ~$ g' v" a  9。If he finds out what you did with the companys money,hell hit the roof。
3 `. T" m& R  K) U3 q: u% O  hit the roof=get very angry
  R5 t' @7 n. ]3 r; W  10。The sky got very dark and soon the rain began to bucket down。
  u, p5 Q' Y3 B, G  bucket down =rain very heavily  Y- s/ s% h$ I5 A/ @. B
  11。They all chip in for the benefit of Simpsons widow and little child。
; Y. i  |! K/ M7 T6 e' q  chip in=contribute money捐献
+ B1 w: _2 A2 q; A0 v) a  12。He usually buys his clothes off the peg。Its cheaper than going to a dressmaker。
# i# O+ \* c. R) g  Off the peg clothes =成衣0 k" J9 r6 Q0 ?$ x
  13。Now stop beating about the bush and tell me what happened!
  H9 a9 X' c. q1 r# _2 z0 z; u  beat about the bush=avoid saying directly what you mean
3 q6 z, }) p: l1 M5 L2 u0 n+ C  14。I really must go and lie down for a while ;Ive got a splitting headache。
4 w& n  g$ f2 b; K( y  Splitting headache=painful headache
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-11 13:20 , Processed in 0.283975 second(s), 21 queries .