QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 98|回复: 0

[经验交流] 美国留学资讯:阿拉斯加费尔班克斯大学简介

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:31:56 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
美国留学资讯:阿拉斯加费尔班克斯大学简介
, R9 W: i9 b$ z2 j, L阿拉斯加费尔班克斯大学[简称U. Alaska]是一所创建于1917年的州立大学,校内设有阿拉斯加联合野生动物研究会,复合文化研究中心,北极生物研究所、地理研究所、海洋科学、矿物工业研究实验室等学术中心,并有美国阿拉斯加地质分院等州和联邦机构。其图书馆藏书75万册,88万件微缩复制品,并提供网络服务。研究生院成立于1950年,共有学生791人,全职教师300人,兼职教师40人.阿拉斯加农业学院和矿业学院敞开大门于1922年。这所学校迅速增长,并于1935年成为大学的阿拉斯加。转自:考试网 - [Examw.Com]6 ^; v: _. C6 d2 _8 j) y4 w5 w5 C1 Z
1 e: P7 h/ J" V; R
The University of Alaska Fairbanks, located in Fairbanks, Alaska, USA, is the flagship campus of the University of Alaska System, and is abbreviated as Alaska or UAF. UAF is a land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant institution, as well as participating in the sun-grant program through Oregon State University. It is also the site where the Alaska Constitution was signed in 1956. UAF was established in 1917 as theAlaska Agricultural College and School of Mines, first opening for classes in 1922.; ^" r, a. L) {2 A* e2 b
3 l8 B* R7 y& h2 b( o9 F! `
UAF is home to seven major research units: the Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station; the Geophysical Institute, which operates thePoker Flat Research Range; the International Arctic Research Center; the Arctic Region Supercomputing Center; the Institute of Arctic Biology; the Institute of Marine Science; and the Institute of Northern Engineering. Located just 200 miles south of the Arctic Circle, the Fairbanks campus's unique location is situated favorably for Arctic and northern research. The campus's several lines of research are renowned worldwide, most notably in Arctic biology, Arctic engineering, geophysics, supercomputing, and aboriginal studies. The University of Alaska Museum of the North is also on the Fairbanks campus.
% _$ v4 Q+ y. v4 X4 W! q/ z# W/ N% x$ P7 N' e
In addition to the Fairbanks campus, UAF encompasses seven rural and urban campuses: Bristol Bay Campus in Dillingham; Chukchi Campus in Kotzebue; Interior-Aleutians Campus, which covers both the Aleutian Islands and the Interior; Kuskokwim Campus in Bethel; Northwest Campus in Nome; and the Tanana Valley Campus in Fairbanks, UAF's community college arm. Fairbanks is also the home of the UAF Centerfor Distance Education, an independent learning and distance delivery program.
, X9 ]% v4 M8 n9 @# |% r) J! n) Z9 n! I& B
In fall 2008, UAF enrolled 9,828 students, of which 60 percent were female and 40 percent male; 89 percent were undergraduates and 11 percent graduate students.- h- q. m. h7 q! G- \3 P
& f9 N6 h3 n6 B" U( O, N( V
优势专业
" w% q( B  Z% ]: ^) W9 a$ _. r$ H; i
经济学 法学0 g, i* s' ]5 |* V7 b
* h+ O  U9 r# }- T7 ~( j- V
课程设置www.Examw.com
+ @: o* I( R+ ?0 C
- y8 d& X$ [9 J- q, ]专业: W8 L4 v" }5 [
+ q1 L3 j; j/ E1 s. i+ v
申请条件/ \) b* q+ O0 r. j% p) d

5 [1 s3 w: O6 j/ f* Y6 ^* {& S/ ^高中毕业、大专或大学一年级在校生.要求有TOFEL SAT 成绩.研究生:大学本科毕业,成绩优秀,个别专业要求工作经验.要求有TOFEL GRE 或GAMT 成绩.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-15 09:04 , Processed in 0.207491 second(s), 21 queries .