立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 119|回复: 0

[综合] 网络课堂总结(二十三)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:35:41 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Passage 11 问题解决型(卖文物) 提出问题Archaeology as a profession faces two major problems(提出问题). First, it is the poorest of the poor. Only paltry微不足道的 sums are available for excavating and even less is available for publishing the results and preserving the sites once excavated. Yet archaeologists deal with priceless objects every day. Second, there is the problem of illegal excavation, resulting in museum-quality pieces收藏价值的物品 being sold to the highest bidder指私人收藏者.提出解决方法:卖文物I would like to make an outrageous愤怒,不合理,奇特,大胆,不道德 suggestion that would at one stroke一步到位 provide funds for archaeology and reduce the amount of illegal digging. I would propose that scientific archeological expeditions and governmental authorities sell excavated artifacts on the open market.(主题句) Such sales would provide substantial funds for the excavation and preservation of archaeological sites and the publication of results*7. At the same time, they would break the illegal excavator’s grip控制(=control) on the market, thereby decreasing the inducement to engage in illegal activities.
4 ~0 a) K( z/ H+ L以下两段提出解决方法的原因一:有些文物价值不高,可以卖
+ ]3 h( a: l/ a提出的建议的原因You might object that(让步语气,预期反对) professionals excavate to acquire knowledge, not money. Moreover, ancient artifacts are part of our global cultural heritage, which should be available for all to appreciate, not sold to the highest bidder*6C. I agree. Sell nothing that has unique artistic merit or scientific value. But, you might(第二次预期反对) reply everything that comes out of the ground has scientific value. Here we part company(转折). Theoretically, you may be correct (让步语气,直接看后半句)in claiming that every artifact has potential scientific value. Practically, you are wrong(转折). * {$ x" B- u* j5 v7 K
真正提出原因I refer to the thousands of pottery vessels and ancient lamps that are essentially duplicates of one another. In one small excavation in Cyprus(一般不会专门在地名上出题), archaeologists recently uncovered 2,000 virtually indistinguishable small jugs in a single courtyard, Even precious royal seal impressions known as l’melekh handles have been found in abundance—more than 4,000 examples so far.(多个数字同时出现,可以不看)
; Y7 v9 V7 R/ K9 M* C原因二:博物馆馆藏空间不够The basements地下室 of museums are simply not large enough to store the artifacts that are likely to be discovered in the future*2C. There is not enough money even to catalogue*3E the finds; as a result, they cannot be found*3E again and become as inaccessible as if they had never been discovered. Indeed(递进语气), with the help of a computer, sold artifacts could be more accessible than are the pieces stored in bulging museum basements. Prior to sale, each could be photographed and the list of the purchasers could be maintained on the computer. A purchaser could even be required to agree to return the piece if it should become needed for scientific purposes. * i$ c+ e( M& }7 E
原因三:可以打击非法挖掘It would be unrealistic to suggest (又一次预期反对)that illegal digging would stop if artifacts were sold on the open market. But the demand for the clandestine秘密的 product would be substantially reduced. Who would want an unmarked pot when another was available whose provenance来历,出处 was known, and that was dated stratigraphically by the professional archaeologist who excavated it?(作了一个比较)
) k9 I: D5 f: I) R: y0 ?% h: N
9 k5 x" |, ^0 a1 `7 j1. The primary purpose of the passage is to propose主题题(写法性)
( |. p( u0 U, n8 \  Wan alternative to museum display of artifacts 1 n! E# M0 E; q. G% B' _: c1 l% M
a way to curb限制,抑制 illegal digging while benefiting the archaeological profession问题解决型
. l" g& q' r1 i: _8 x. ua way to distinguish artifacts with scientific value from those that have no such value
  w( i2 y! d$ Bthe governmental regulation of archaeological sites(B)
" Z" `" X( R/ W$ ta new system for cataloguing duplicate artifacts $ G, t% M# ], n* I1 z" a

! G. ^+ Q6 y" ~. q: ^2. The author implies that all of the following statements about duplicate artifacts(第三、四、五段) are true EXCEPT: . m) R, e+ k1 F2 h
A market for such artifacts already exists.市场存在,因为非法猖獗 2 j6 p* |  k  n6 V6 V: C1 K% g
Such artifacts seldom have scientific value.(第三段末尾)
7 w* E( p# Q& }There is likely to be a continuing supply of such artifacts*2C.(第四段开头)
1 N/ e5 P! E: Y7 U1 |* z; tMuseums are well supplied with examples of such artifacts.(第二个原因)(E) ) ]2 \4 f# n% G6 R7 x8 e, ^, k
Such artifacts frequently exceed没有讲过更好还是更坏(慎重对待比较级)in quality those already catalogued in museum collections.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 17:58 , Processed in 0.206741 second(s), 21 queries .