QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 126|回复: 0

[GRE模拟] 新GRE小短文阅读练习题十二

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:40:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
12  The sense of delayed gratification, of working now for later pleasure,
5 M+ e! r6 x8 M' r: F. E- Uhas helped shape the economic behavior of our society.  However, that+ |3 n. Y$ v6 i% U+ c! z- {
sense is no longer nurtured as consistently in our children as it once was.- i/ p1 b6 k7 W) P: I
For example, it used to take a bit of patience to put together the toys that
9 g# C  B$ j( Hchildren got in cereal boxes; now the toys come from the boxes whole.3 }6 ?2 D0 k$ ?  j

* c1 c! S; s( qWhich of the following is an assumption made by the argument?& @( n) G# U; F+ N, C

( h5 x7 k- ?7 Y9 h" s      The toys in cereal boxes have changed partly because the economic
! v0 M( {2 W. @" v% l' S# M       conditions of our society have improved.  4 G  F/ v7 r" D$ G& U9 ^
      The influence of promotion gimmicks on the economic behavior of our
" @! I3 ~% @) A: r7 T' U       society has increased over the years.  + {! v4 X# t9 U8 w4 q) ?
      The toys that used to come in cereal boxes were put together by the- w7 L& e1 @5 ?: |' r; C. o
       same children who played with them.  ( U1 R, r7 `/ R9 K( O
      Part of the pleasure of any toy lies in putting the toy together before$ I+ X! L/ }/ p; t, }
       playing with it.  
1 F. H* ~- s9 N& |      Today's children do not expect a single toy to provide pleasure for a9 L2 p0 E2 N# r5 f0 u5 J& ~
       long period of time.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-8 07:07 , Processed in 0.354845 second(s), 21 queries .