QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 112|回复: 0

[GRE模拟] 新GRE小短文阅读练习题四十五

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 12:40:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Corporate Manager:  Julian Smith is a member of a secret society, and
. h1 `- B* e4 _0 L5 L4 Y          members of secret societies usually do not want their membership( {; ?( r4 [# R3 h% u9 x# O
          to be widely known.  If we hired people who wanted to hide their! ^4 f# L$ Y4 c& p$ p
          membership in that society, our competitors, by threatening to reveal
1 h0 t. u; Q2 G! g          that membership, might pressure them to violate our corporate
1 c5 s, v# Y) c2 J6 m8 c1 i          interests.  Since our company has to protect itself, we should not hire: B3 X, L) a8 ]0 X) G' H
          anyone who is vulnerable to this sort of pressure.  Hence, we should+ [4 C0 x! Y# I/ t% k
          not hire Julian Smith.7 u( _& p+ R, U8 a
     The corporate manager uses which of the following strategies in the" Z& Y  f' ]: a
   argument?: L: T% J$ C1 q/ J1 e
        Relying on the fact that eve r y time the corporation has performed a! E3 }. W, n1 Z, G0 u' e
        certain type of action in the past, an undesirable effect has ensued  0 @% l; @3 `# y
       Drawing a general conclusion relating to all job candidates on the basis5 F( @& I6 \1 S$ B5 K- I& f5 E
         of observations of one job candidate  $ ?5 y. m( b6 Q: H) @
       Supporting a general principle and then applying it to a particular case  / ?7 s: h- p: C# h0 ~- b
       Establishing a given claim by showing that it is impossible for it to be) o7 S7 f8 Z3 W; `. Z5 X  Z
         false  
3 ?( z( P8 P5 `4 X. O  y! K( n& L- W% }4 o       Using, as part of the evidence in support of a hypothesis, the fact that5 \) E) L8 `% w2 O  [
        the relevant experts accept it as true    o0 M% f; J. {' v: W& U
答案C
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-8 06:55 , Processed in 0.342682 second(s), 21 queries .